71 year old man floors 6"4 thug

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Protect yourself at all times.

{Text is a bit scrambled since the pics muddled things a bit. Click the link to be safe.}

A 6ft 4ins thug who attacked a man more than twice his age was left with a dislocated shoulder after the pensioner floored him with two right hooks.
Former Army boxing champion John Cokeley said Mark Pearce 'picked on the wrong man'.
The 71-year-old was at home watching TV in his slippers when he heard Pearce rowing with a neighbour.

Former Army boxing champion John Cokeley, 71, floored Mark Pearce twice after the 34-year-old tried to attack the pensioner
Mr Cokeley went outside and told Pearce to calm down when the 34-year-old punched him in the face, Exeter Crown Court heard.
Pearce hit Mr Cokeley in the head, smashing his glasses and causing a black eye.
But the pensioner, a professional welterweight undefeated in the Army, got to his feet and floored Pearce with a 'roundhouse blow'.
Pearce managed to get up but Mr Cokeley, who is 5ft 10ins, floored him for a second time with a punch to the stomach.

Mark Pearce, pictured leaving Exeter Crown Court in Devon, after being found guilty of causing actual bodily harm
Pearce denied causing actual bodily harm, claiming he was attacked by the ex-boxer and was acting in self-defence.
But he was found guilty today and sentenced to a six month prison sentence suspended for two years.
Pearce was also given a 12 month supervision order and ordered to pay

HOLY shit soo this old tiny guy dislocated 6'4 guy shoulder ?

it's good message to all guys wanting test with boxers in ''real'' fight

he looks like the guy from storage auctions that yells yuup!

Auto pilot engaged.

Right Hook, Right Hook.

Have a nice evening sir.

Stories like this one really touch me for some reason. There's something about seeing/hearing about an old dog who's still got some fight left in him (and showing it) that makes me well up.

Never underestimate the power of basic boxing technique. At 71 a deadly jump-spinning crescent kick probably isn't going to be a very productive self-defense option but if you've trained thousands of hours throwing punches and don't lose your head when you take one stories like this one can happen.

Good, good stuff.

amazing :)

kinda reminds of when Tyson was describing his first experience with boxing, "how the hell did this little white guy hurt me so bad? I tried to act like I wasn't hurt but he just kept saying, 'Walk it off, kid, just walk it off.'"

I watched the documentary years ago so I might be a little off with the quote.

thanks for the inspiring story :D

Never underestimate the power of basic boxing technique. At 71 a deadly jump-spinning crescent kick probably isn't going to be a very productive self-defense option but if you've trained thousands of hours throwing punches and don't lose your head when you take one stories like this one can happen.

Good, good stuff.

It's relatively easy compared to other forms of self defence and practical(what's more practical than punching someone in the face?). Plus the fact that boxers are tough mofos with hard heads.

Last edited:
I think the morale of the story is don't fuck around with a cagey southpaw.

Stories like this one really touch me for some reason. There's something about seeing/hearing about an old dog who's still got some fight left in him (and showing it) that makes me well up.

same here, just taking a 5 minute break from work to browse sherdog and now have a big stupid grin on my face. Think its cause you read/see so many injustices it's good to read about something like this. chalk down a win for the good guys!

A friend of mine is a bodybuilder and thinks he can beat up George Foreman who is past 60.

I'll have to show him that story. :icon_chee

Back