7 Fights in the UFC...and Northcutt Hasn't Fought a Top 50 Fighter

He's a draw in himself, so the UFC is doing the best they can with him atm.
Sage is 100# not a draw. The only people that like him are closeted SherGays. He sucks at fighting and it is an embarrassment that he is in the UFC. Meanwhile, Minakov, Moose, RoMac, Lima, MVP and Ben Askren are out of the UFC, because 'UFC could not afford them'. Most laughable is that the UFC pays Sage 4x more than they offered Ben Askren (30k and to fight in WSOF), who may be the best welterweight fighter in the world now.....meanwhile, Sage is getting tapped by Mickey Fucking Gall and tapping to chokes that are not even sunk in.

I honestly wouldn't mind the fact he has faced competition if it was taking place on fight pass or the prelims. He is young so the UFC can take their time to try and build him up.

It is the pushing him as a star the whole time this is going on that is annoying. Although if he generates viewers I guess it puts them in a tough spot. I'd rather they use him to try and sell Fight Pass subscriptions until he fights someone in the top 50 though.

Yeah, I don't get the whole Sage rage either. I guess Unkkkle Dana wants a good looking and jacked up white guy so they can bring in the lady viewers.

The sage rage is that he is well spoken, a gentleman, and draws attention. All you see is KKK and white people as some sort of threat. That is a lot of hate to carry.

Don’t forget that Stipe Miocic, a firefighter who saves lives, regardless of colour, or biological predisposition, was forgotten and ignored while Francis Ngannou was heavily marketed and even groomed by the UFC’s own brand of training camps, nutritionalists, etc.

So if all you see is Unkkkle Danas in this world, you are willfully blind, and fucked. Good luck.

Yes, but he was 19 years old at the time. That kid wasn't even old enough to buy a bottle of beer when he tapped to the arm triangle.

I've seen 7 year old in jiu jitsu class that wont tap to an arm triangle from half guard...

I like you 12ga. but Vick looks like Slender Man and Sage was on the cover of Karate magazine when he was 5 years old. I think its pretty obvious why the UFC is hoping Sage matures.

sportkarate_sage.jpg

lol he still has the exact same haircut

This is actually the right way to bring a prospect along. MMA fans tend to be pretty fuckin stupid, tbh.

You don't think age plays a huge roll in this situation? Have you checked for the last time a 19 year old was a world killer? Doesn't happen. I'm not the least bit shocked he got caught in a couple subs.

So you're saying there's a direct correlation between age and ability to properly defend a submission? How the hell would the sub even be locked in all the way when his opponent was barely in half guard?

Stop making shit excuses and admit that northcutt displayed a real lack of toughness and grit.

So you're saying there's a direct correlation between age and ability to properly defend a submission? How the hell would the sub even be locked in all the way when his opponent was barely in half guard?

Stop making shit excuses and admit that northcutt displayed a real lack of toughness and grit.

I'm telling you he was only 19 years old and green, that's what I'm telling you. I'm telling you he was training exclusively with his father and one misc. trainer in Texas. When they realized he was on a bigger stage they changed camps and he has been training full time only for about a year and has already shown improvements.

Back