7 Fights in the UFC...and Northcutt Hasn't Fought a Top 50 Fighter

Yeah, I remember when Sage was supposed to be these karate striking machine, instead he's a cautious point fighter now.

Don't understand the hate for Sage. Give him time.

Sage is 3-1 & barely scrapping
by

Before her first lost paige had 3 really dominate wins & was a betting favorite vs rose & karate hottie if im not mistaken

She wasnt thrown to the wolfs

Paige had a sealing & reached it you sound like a bich

Its ceiling and the UFC is notorious for throwing fighters to the wolves. It isn't like boxing where they build fighters up for 20 or 30 fights first. Paige didn't hit her ceiling because she is 23 years old, athletes don't cap out at age 23. Keep white beltin though.

I have little doubt thats how to conversation worked out between the two. Look this kid was already making money for appearances, stunt roles amongst other things. Im sure between dana and sages dad there was an understanding that the kid wouldnt get a push right off the bat. let him wipe the floor with a few scrubs and look good doing it while building his name and brand more.

Not sure what happened with the barbarena fight,. i guess he bit off more then he could chew. also against mickey not sure who was supposed to get the push at that point.

Sage sells magazines to kids. so you better beleive the goal was to build this kid up into gsp stardom. Someone fucked it up somewhere along the line.

Well, he had to move camps because his BJJ defense and grappling has been sub-par. He grew up throwing karate kicks and all of a sudden guys like Gall just submitted him. That's part of the reason he stopped training exclusively with some guy in Katy, Texas and his dad. He's made definite improvements since he moved camps. People are down on Sage but I'm still not convinced he won't be a solid fighter by the time he is 25 or 26 years old. I mean gdamn, he could get 5 more years of fights and still only be 26 lol.

Well, he had to move camps because his BJJ defense and grappling has been sub-par. He grew up throwing karate kicks and all of a sudden guys like Gall just submitted him. That's part of the reason he stopped training exclusively with some guy in Katy, Texas and his dad. He's made definite improvements since he moved camps. People are down on Sage but I'm still not convinced he won't be a solid fighter by the time he is 25 or 26 years old. I mean gdamn, he could get 5 more years of fights and still only be 26 lol.

I agree, the kid could turn out to be something special if he spends his next five years learnnig the grappling aspect and how to be a more solid figghter. I'm secure enough in my manhood to not be threatened by a good looking fighter on the up and comming lol.

The kid had a name before he entered the ufc, theyre taking it slow with him. i dont see the problem.

Yeah, I remember when Sage was supposed to be these karate striking machine, instead he's a cautious point fighter now.
Well, he’s 21 and are you surprised that someone with a karate background is adept at point fighting?

Stop bitching, Mr. TS.

Have a Labrada. You're not you when you're hungry.

Well, he’s 21 and are you surprised that someone with a karate background is adept at point fighting?

No, I'm saying the way he was hyped when he first came to the UFC and the way he fought in his early fights. Seemed like a dude that would win with some crazy KO or get KO'd himself trying. Now he's just an average UFC guy looking to hold people down and run out the clock, it's crazy how fast that happened.

Didn't he tap to an arm triangle from half guard?

But by the time he's 30, he will have fought several former top 50s
1wKt5b0.jpg

He sucks
They're setting him up with cans to crush and he can't even do that right

People bringing up his record, he could easily be 3-4 in the UFC. He was able to turn the fight around against Pfister after a bullshit stand-up and he could've easily lost against Gouti anywhere else.

Every fighter Sage has beaten in the UFC has been cut from the UFC.

He's only on a 2 fight winning streak. It's not like he's looked unbeatable or something. He's 5-2 in the UFC and only 21 years old still.

They are obviously protecting him, but I mean they have to protect their investment. He doesn't have the skillset to fight guys higher up the ranks.
One was against a flw on short notice, another against a flabby old guy, his other win against a guy who just got kod on the regional circuit. He’s literally only fought one real ufc fighter and got killed by barberena

He's a social media celebrity, UFC keeps him for the clicks.

He's a draw in himself, so the UFC is doing the best they can with him atm.
Yea. They're feeding him just about the best guys they can, and still expect him to win. He barely squeaked out a win vs Gouti, and Gouti is not a great LW by any stretch of the imagination. Sage isn't a top 100 LW, he's not going to beat a top 50.

The guy is a draw, regardless of how good of a fighter he is. Once you realize that, the UFC's matchmaking makes a lot more sense. If they start feeding him top 50s, and he goes on a long losing streak, his drawing power would fade.

I'm not suggesting he's a big enough draw to headline a card, only that people will tune in to watch his fights.

They have been wanting him to catch fire with impressive strings of wins but he barely wins and isn't that good. They are ready to promote the hell out of him but he hasn't met them halfway in doing his part.

Didn't he tap to an arm triangle from half guard?

Yes, but he was 19 years old at the time. That kid wasn't even old enough to buy a bottle of beer when he tapped to the arm triangle.

Yes, but he was 19 years old at the time. That kid wasn't even old enough to buy a bottle of beer when he tapped to the arm triangle.

What does one have to do with the other?

What does one have to do with the other?

You don't think age plays a huge roll in this situation? Have you checked for the last time a 19 year old was a world killer? Doesn't happen. I'm not the least bit shocked he got caught in a couple subs.

Back