7 Fights in the UFC...and Northcutt Hasn't Fought a Top 50 Fighter

giphy.gif

I seriously didnt know that. I just watch fights not all the drama and backstory. So yeah hoping they can market him as a karate phenom prodigy or something. Makes sense.

His dad was basically a steroid dealer and had Sage ripped when he was just a tiny child. He looks about 5 or 6 here and that is not at all what 5 year olds are supposed to look like lol.

th

The kid has been training for combat sports since he was a kindergarten, here is another young Sage pic.

coverstory.jpg

My point being, its totally reasonable on the UFC's part to be hopeful for Sage's future. He can be billed as the real life Karate Kid.

I think he actually lost this one, and he needs to get rid of the dad in the corner, he is giving instructions on top of Faber...If he stays at his gym and im Faber im banning his dad from the corner.

well if you've fought and LOST to guys outside of the top 50, your not exactly going to be vying for the fucking title.

he's not being protected anymore. he's fighting at his actual talent level.

if he were to fight a top 20, that would be outrageous. He doesnt deserve that, and the top 20 have more important fights to pick.

Sage has only trained full time for about a year. Prior to that he was pretty much exclusively under the tutelage of unknown coaches and his dad. Since he moved camps and has gone full time I believe he actually has shown improvement. Is he great, nope, but he's only 21 years old.

Kind of a side topic, but I saw your avatar... Have you ever read the book Signers of the Declaration? I just finished it a few days ago, it's a really fascinating look at the lives of all 57 signers of the Declaration. Some interesting facts:

1. None of the original signers died as a result of violence at the hands of the British army.
2. Most of the signers didn't even sign the declaration on July 4th...only 4 signatures were on it by 11:59 on July 4th. Most signed it in the succeeding months.
3. Most signers were also slave owners ( though many freed their slaves after signing)
4. Depending on how you look at it, there was at least 1 president before George Washington ( if you count president of the continental congress as being president)

Anyway I can give you the author and publisher if you're interested. There's alot of propaganda surrounding the time period that I try to steer clear of. This is the most objective analysis of the signers that I've ever read.

Kind of a side topic, but I saw your avatar... Have you ever read the book Signers of the Declaration? I just finished it a few days ago, it's a really fascinating look at the lives of all 57 signers of the Declaration. Some interesting facts:

1. None of the original signers died as a result of violence at the hands of the British army.
2. Most of the signers didn't even sign the declaration on July 4th...only 4 signatures were on it by 11:59 on July 4th. Most signed it in the succeeding months.
3. Most signers were also slave owners ( though many freed their slaves after signing)
4. Depending on how you look at it, there was at least 1 president before George Washington ( if you count president of the continental congress as being president)

Anyway I can give you the author and publisher if you're interested. There's alot of propaganda surrounding the time period that I try to steer clear of. This is the most objective analysis of the signers that I've ever read.

I have not read it but I am aware that the founding fathers were flawed human beings. They did manage to write one of the most important documents ever written by humanity though.

1) I am calm, brah. Cooler than a cucumber.

2) lol never said I didn't want to hear someone's opinion.. actually asked why the TS cared, which is the opposite of that.

3) fight me

I was expecting something more hostile LOL. Yeah I guess you are cooler than a cucumber. As for fighting you I will let you know I am the one who pointed out that Luke should have Kneed Romero when he was going for those thigh punches, to get the KO. Makes you think how great of a tactician and fighter I must be right? Let that simmer and then think about what youre asking.

I think he gets payed more then his fighting ability will ever reflect. But, my wife pays no attention to the tv when im watching UFC but last night she made a "he is hot" comment and watched probably the worst fight on the entire card. So i can see why the UFC pays him.

I'm not bothered, he is 21...may as well give him a few tomato cans to improve his skill.

He has 650k Instagram followers. Stipe Miocic, HW champ of the world has 550k. It's not hard to see why the kid is getting paid. People do watch, know,and care about him. If they build him up properly he can be their biggest star. Not everyone is Jon Jones wrecking dudes at 21. He can continue on this pace for another two years easy. Like someone said he's still the 4th youngest on the roster and he has 7 UFC fights already. Slow and steady.

An MMA athlete has far more ways to lose than a boxer.

so what? that doesn't stop GSP and the likes from winning all the time. the guys he's losing to aren't other up and comers or contenders, they're bums just like him, that's the difference.

I get protecting a fighter and bringing them up slowly, but Sage Northcutt has had 7 fights in the UFC now, and hasn't gotten any kind of step up in competition whatsoever. Gouti had lost 3 out of his last 4 going into the fight last night, and now he's lost 4 out of his last 5 (great opponent for a main card fight).

If the UFC just wanted to keep him around to fill out undercards that would be one thing. However, he gets paid really well. I don't think his pay for the Gouti fight has been disclosed yet, but his pay for the fight before that against Quinones (who is that???) according to Tapology was $120,000.

Does Northcutt actually generate enough viewers and attention that the UFC finds it a worthwhile investment to pay him that much to fight someone on the verge of getting cut?
They are in desperate need of new star power

What kind of deal?
you aint getting my kid to fight in your organization unless you let him get his feet wet for awhile.

were talking a 19 year old karate prize fighting kid with an overzealous protective crime driven father.

you aint getting my kid to fight in your organization unless you let him get his feet wet for awhile.

were talking a 19 year old karate prize fighting kid with an overzealous protective crime driven father.

That very well could be correct.

Paige is 23 and has lost 3 of her last 4.
Sage is 21 and is 3-1 in his last 4.

If you are the UFC, it might pay to stop throwing your young fighters to the wolves.

Sage is 3-1 & barely scrapping
by

Before her first lost paige had 3 really dominate wins & was a betting favorite vs rose & karate hottie if im not mistaken

She wasnt thrown to the wolfs

Paige had a sealing & reached it you sound like a bich

That very well could be correct.

I have little doubt thats how to conversation worked out between the two. Look this kid was already making money for appearances, stunt roles amongst other things. Im sure between dana and sages dad there was an understanding that the kid wouldnt get a push right off the bat. let him wipe the floor with a few scrubs and look good doing it while building his name and brand more.

Not sure what happened with the barbarena fight,. i guess he bit off more then he could chew. also against mickey not sure who was supposed to get the push at that point.

Sage sells magazines to kids. so you better beleive the goal was to build this kid up into gsp stardom. Someone fucked it up somewhere along the line.

I get protecting a fighter and bringing them up slowly, but Sage Northcutt has had 7 fights in the UFC now, and hasn't gotten any kind of step up in competition whatsoever. Gouti had lost 3 out of his last 4 going into the fight last night, and now he's lost 4 out of his last 5 (great opponent for a main card fight).

If the UFC just wanted to keep him around to fill out undercards that would be one thing. However, he gets paid really well. I don't think his pay for the Gouti fight has been disclosed yet, but his pay for the fight before that against Quinones (who is that???) according to Tapology was $120,000.

Does Northcutt actually generate enough viewers and attention that the UFC finds it a worthwhile investment to pay him that much to fight someone on the verge of getting cut?

Calm down, the kid just turned 19 a week ago.

As long as they don't bring him up as slowly as venom page im good.

Back