7 Fights in the UFC...and Northcutt Hasn't Fought a Top 50 Fighter

Isn’t a fight promotion promotion supposed to build up their young prospects? Let them pad Sage’s record with 10-15 cans so they can bill him as a destroyer of worlds.That’s how they do it in boxing.

Kinda hard to build someone up when they need to be gifted decisions over cans, though. If Sage loses his next fight he'll be 5-3, how can anyone get excited about that?

as if there's a legit top 50 fighter list per division.

But he had no business going into the UFC so young. He should have been coddled and brought up in a small organization first/

I can't believe they pay this mediocre fighter more money then legit fighters , there's people on the top ten that get paid less then him

let him be. hes fighting the perfect opponents

He's doing extra course work every semester to finish up college with a double major as quickly as possible and still fighting/training part-time. No need to rush him. I'm not convinced he'll ever be anything in MMA, but he's been a martial arts celebrity since childhood, so it's not shocking he got a good deal and they feel the need to put him out there.

Honestly, Sage seems like the kind of guy who is probably a lot better in the gym than in the cage. No idea if that will improve once/if he transitions to a full-time fighter.

I dont even understand why UFC picked him or he's even in UFC. There are plenty of good white fighters if thats their thing like Vick not getting any push.

Maybe Dana's in love.

I like you 12ga. but Vick looks like Slender Man and Sage was on the cover of Karate magazine when he was 5 years old. I think its pretty obvious why the UFC is hoping Sage matures.

sportkarate_sage.jpg

UFC wouldn't be paying him that much if he wasn't worth it. They are running a business. Also, who cares? It's not your money.

Calm the fuck down and go away if you dont want to hear anyones opinion you turd.

Calm the fuck down and go away if you dont want to hear anyones opinion you turd.

1) I am calm, brah. Cooler than a cucumber.

2) lol never said I didn't want to hear someone's opinion.. actually asked why the TS cared, which is the opposite of that.

3) fight me

When the time is right in sure they will put him against that other fresh-faced young upstart Erick Silva to show us who truly has the most potential in UFC town.

The problem is Sage has 7 fights into the UFC....and has shown little to no improvement. He has a great, positive personality, and I wish the best for him. But he's not a fighter. And Dana continually trying to shove him down people's throats is going to have the opposite effect of what he's looking for.

Sage has only trained full time for about a year. Prior to that he was pretty much exclusively under the tutelage of unknown coaches and his dad. Since he moved camps and has gone full time I believe he actually has shown improvement. Is he great, nope, but he's only 21 years old.

It's a fucking Internet forum dude... The whole point is to voice your opinions.

I like you 12ga. but Vick looks like Slender Man and Sage was on the cover of Karate magazine when he was 5 years old. I think its pretty obvious why the UFC is hoping Sage matures.

sportkarate_sage.jpg
I seriously didnt know that. I just watch fights not all the drama and backstory. So yeah hoping they can market him as a karate phenom prodigy or something. Makes sense.

It's a fucking Internet forum dude... The whole point is to voice your opinions.

I'm mostly just here to be a sarcastic smartass and talk about Invicta.

...wow.... I guess you really can find everything on the internet.

I dont even understand why UFC picked him or he's even in UFC. There are plenty of good white fighters if thats their thing like Vick not getting any push.

Maybe Dana's in love.

I also want to add I'm not down on Vick. I'm from Texas so its pretty much mandatory I'm a fan of the Texecutioner. The UFC does this shit though. Look what they made El Cucuy go through to get an interim belt, he had to win 9 straight to get a shot and now he has to defend his belt. Look at Holloway. He had to go 11-0 to get a title. HAHA, so what I'm saying is, the better looking you are the better your chances of not having to win 10 in a row to get noticed.

Barbarena got as high as maybe #20-25 after he beat Warlley Alves

I'm mostly just here to be a sarcastic smartass and talk about Invicta.

...wow.... I guess you really can find everything on the internet.

<31>

Not sure what you mean bro.

He's doing extra course work every semester to finish up college with a double major as quickly as possible and still fighting/training part-time. No need to rush him. I'm not convinced he'll ever be anything in MMA, but he's been a martial arts celebrity since childhood, so it's not shocking he got a good deal and they feel the need to put him out there.

Honestly, Sage seems like the kind of guy who is probably a lot better in the gym than in the cage. No idea if that will improve once/if he transitions to a full-time fighter.
He quit school

And do you dare to speculate why he hasn't fought anyone in the top 50 (even though it's impossible to rank the top 50)? It's because he's not particularly good at anything. He's being paid a good amount because he can be promoted and there is some interest in him. How many threads have you seen about Pfister, Barberena or Gouti? His level of skill does not match his level of fame, but I think it's a bit petty to complain about him being paid a good sum of money. Although I don't think he'll ever break the top 20, he's still very young and has plenty of time to develop his skills.

Back