7 Days in Entebbe - New film from the director of Elite Squad, Robocop (2014), Narcos

G

Guestx

New film from José Padilha. He directed Elite Squad, the Robocop remake and also worked on a couple of Narcos episodes.

Looks pretty interesting. Based on a true story.

The flick from the 70s had Charles Bronson and Yaphet Kotto.

Pretty goddamn big shoes to fill if you ask me.

If they bitch it up with feels instead of having the Israelis just straight regulating cunts like the gangsta savages they were back in the day, then fuck this movie.

How dare you refer to the director of the awful Robocop remake, as simply 'director of Robocop' in your title

TRIGGERED

da3744dcbb9ba9f395edc4e689733e04.jpg

How dare you refer to the director of the awful Robocop remake, as simply 'director of Robocop' in your title

TRIGGERED

da3744dcbb9ba9f395edc4e689733e04.jpg

LOL

First off, the remake wasn't really THAT bad. C'mon.

Second, I edited it. Is that better?

The flick from the 70s had Charles Bronson and Yaphet Kotto.

Pretty goddamn big shoes to fill if you ask me.

If they bitch it up with feels instead of having the Israelis just straight regulating cunts like the gangsta savages they were back in the day, then fuck this movie.

And James Woods:cool:

He probably hasn't even seen the Robocop remake

Just hears the word remake and automatically thinks its awful
It was awful compared to the original. On it's own it was just bland and un-impactful (is that a word?) even though it tried to explore some interesting ideas.

Hopefully this will be a return to form for Padilla, but what's up with a German and a Brit playing the two lead Palestinian terrorists?

It was awful compared to the original. On it's own it was just bland and un-impactful (is that a word?) even though it tried to explore some interesting ideas.

Hopefully this will be a return to form for Padilla, but what's up with a German and a Brit playing the two lead Palestinian terrorists?

One thing that I know was better in the remake was the actual robocop suit

It was less bulky and looked like something that would actually work

He probably hasn't even seen the Robocop remake

Just hears the word remake and automatically thinks its awful

I think it then that you agree the remake wasn't so bad?

I'd agree the remake ain't shit compared to the original, but on its own I think it's a better-than-average sci-fi actioner. I'd probably give it a 7.5.

The original film is more like a 9.

I think it then that you agree the remake wasn't so bad?

I'd agree the remake ain't shit compared to the original, but on its own I think it's a better-than-average sci-fi actioner. I'd probably give it a 7.5.

The original film is more like a 9.

I saw the movie cause I really liked Joel Kinnaman from the TV show "The Killing" if you haven't seen it check it out

I thought he did as good of a job as you could ask

I liked the new suit

I thought the movie overall was just fine

Anyone see this? Looks pretty good. Man, Israelis took so many hits throughout history and just kept hitting back.

Anyone see this? Looks pretty good. Man, Israelis took so many hits throughout history and just kept hitting back.

Thought about going tonight actually but decided not to. It may end up being a watch-at-home movie for me because Pacific Rim and Unsane are both coming out this weekend.

Thought about going tonight actually but decided not to. It may end up being a watch-at-home movie for me because Pacific Rim and Unsane are both coming out this weekend.
Awwww, come on, man, watch it. you have moviepass, right? i'll probably give it a watch this week.

Awwww, come on, man, watch it. you have moviepass, right? i'll probably give it a watch this week.

I may still go, but it won't be tonight.

I do have MoviePass but the thing is it still usually costs me between $10 and $15 a pop every time I go to the theater because I get food.

And like I said, there are two movies coming out this weekend that I am more interested in.

If you go see it though, you should let me know how it is.

I may still go, but it won't be tonight.

I do have MoviePass but the thing is it still usually costs me between $10 and $15 a pop every time I go to the theater because I get food.

And like I said, there are two movies coming out this weekend that I am more interested in.

If you go see it though, you should let me know how it is.
Yeah, the food kills me, too. I got the amc membership so after buying 4 tickets, i get $5. I usually wait until I ahve like 10-15 saved up and get popcorn and a drink.

i'll get you know how it is if i watch it. hopefully it'll be like munich, althought it probably won't be as good.

Saw it last night. 7/10 on first viewing. Acting is decent, it was filmed well, but it drags at times. If you're interested in world affairs, history, etc, you'll get something out of it.

Yeah, the food kills me, too. I got the amc membership so after buying 4 tickets, i get $5. I usually wait until I ahve like 10-15 saved up and get popcorn and a drink.

We have a rewards program too, but it's a little different. More random, not just money back.

Sometimes I get coupons for free popcorn and drinks, which is cool. But sometimes I get coupons for a free movie ticket, which I used to get really excited about but, you know, now I have MoviePass so those are kind of worthless. The free tickets went from being the best reward to the worst, LOL.

i'll get you know how it is if i watch it. hopefully it'll be like munich, althought it probably won't be as good.

The reviews are mostly bad so I was temper my expectations if I were you.

We have a rewards program too, but it's a little different. More random, not just money back.

Sometimes I get coupons for free popcorn and drinks, which is cool. But sometimes I get coupons for a free movie ticket, which I used to get really excited about but, you know, now I have MoviePass so those are kind of worthless. The free tickets went from being the best reward to the worst, LOL.

The reviews are mostly bad so I was temper my expectations if I were you.
Saw it. The nicest hing I can say is That guy ain’t Spielberg. Lol

Skip

Back