6'10" 12 year old dominates on the basketball court...

He will have a rude awakening when he plays JV or Varsity, realizes he has zero athletic ability, and is getting handled by the other 6' + kids.

This kid doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, it was kind of painful to watch him dominate those other kids.

I feel bad for the kid, honestly. He’s gonna be a ‘freak’ his whole life.

There’s no laying low or going unnoticed. Personally it would be a nightmare.

Different kid.

Yep, but they will always be in a disadvantage. You can learn to deal with that but eventually, it will be notable where the physical advantage is. One of the reasons I don't like that sport.
Yes it is endemic to the sport. So you either accept it and adjust or just play another sport.

He will have a rude awakening when he plays JV or Varsity, realizes he has zero athletic ability, and is getting handled by the other 6' + kids.

This kid doesn't have an athletic bone in his body, it was kind of painful to watch him dominate those other kids.
Ya going back to 1985 and the Manute Bol time frame you could get away with just being very tall even if mostly nonathletic as they would just use as a shot blocker and stand you in front of the net. Guards back then were typically in the 6ft range and the other BIG men were 6'7-6'9" typicality with the odd guy 6'11 or over. Now many of the guards are plus or minus 6'6" and super skilled and the big men are mostly 6'10 and bigger. just being a big body won't serve at that level if you don't have skills and coordination.

More like
geoffrey-the-giraffe-nc-jt-180516_hpEmbed_9x14_992.jpg

Yep, but they will always be in a disadvantage. You can learn to deal with that but eventually, it will be notable where the physical advantage is. One of the reasons I don't like that sport.
Literally every sport has physical advantages that make it more difficult for the others playing to defend said advantaged player.

That's fine if you don't like basketball, but don't use some arbitrary reasoning.

1690E0A9-2404-4CEC-B1A0-A6E0E7E33D49_zpsbpaxu474.jpeg

That's not the same kid.

1690E0A9-2404-4CEC-B1A0-A6E0E7E33D49_zpsbpaxu474.jpeg

Undertaker is 6'10. Hardly freak territory. He just needs put on some mass.

I don't get the 8' net.

My niece has been playing basketball since she 8 in leagues and I was shocked they have always used the 10ft net even when most girls could not even through a ball up that high. it was almost comical to watch at times.
I was thinking the same thing. My wife teaches at a middle school and she talked me into going to the girls basketball game. Nothing like an 8-6 game to put you to sleep. thank god for the one tallish fat chick that scored 6 points, she was the highlight of the game.

Fuckong rofl

What is this from?
I think it was from a Rob Schneider movie "the benchwarmers" sadly that still frame was about the funniest part of the movie, but you probably already knew that when I said "Rob Schneider movie"

This simply illustrates how ridiculous a sport basketball is. In the NBA they shove the ball in the hole just as easy. Shouldn't it be challenging to score?

<Lmaoo>

Clearly a white manlet...

Lol,

Don't let GS fool you, half the league struggles to score.

I disagree, he seems pretty coordinated and graceful for a kid who's that tall. That's athletic for sure. He will probably be at a strength disadvantage and fall behind later, but he's not unathletic by any means at this point.

Literally every sport has physical advantages that make it more difficult for the others playing to defend said advantaged player.

That's fine if you don't like basketball, but don't use some arbitrary reasoning.

I know that every sport has physical advantages but in this particular case, the advantage is just way too much. That tall kid could literally hold the ball on the top and there would be kids that would never reach out the ball. That type of situations wouldn't happen in football (soccer). I know that this is an isolated case so that's why I don't think that it isn't fair.

@NaughtyBoy
Well, the client is napping so I feel compelled to get on some Black Aurerbach shit right now:

You gotta put bodies on that kid. Push him out from the key so he has to set up further from that nerf basket they are using.

The dude defending him has to get lower to do that, but using your hips, ass, foream and with a wide base and goodly dose of ferocity even those likkle munchkin kids can at least make it difficult for him to set up on the block. If he's gonna just turn and shot over you then make sure he does it farther than where he feels comfortable with. Make him uncomfortable.

Box him out at the knees. It's legal.

You tell them it's personal. Challange their nascent masculinity "He ain't got no dog in him, bruh.", make a religion of out denying the hell out of every entry pass.

On defense see-man -see ball. Send double and triple teams from different angles, (using modified tactics from the Attack on Titan manga....joking. But it's still cool imagery to use when your kids are undersized. Wolfpack analogies also work quite nicely)

Make up a "Courage Trophy" for the dude that draws the most charges. No way that Baby Nephilim is just gonna glide through our D like that. Hell naw.

On offense they ought have picked up the pace, I'd have told his man to make it his mission in life to beat that big galoot down the court every single time. Make it a track meet and wear him out, and chop him down. They all fall.

*lights stoogie*

Last edited:
I know that every sport has physical advantages but in this particular case, the advantage is just way too much. That tall kid could literally hold the ball on the top and there would be kids that would never reach out the ball. That type of situations wouldn't happen in football (soccer). I know that this is an isolated case so that's why I don't think that it isn't fair.
I don't think you even understand the rules of basketball enough to make a decision on whether or not you like it. I'd suggest actually learning the rules before assuming you could just play keep away with the ball, lol.

I disagree, he seems pretty coordinated and graceful for a kid who's that tall. That's athletic for sure. He will probably be at a strength disadvantage and fall behind later, but he's not unathletic by any means at this point.
Maybe we're seeing it differently, but I can't find any grace. He seems goofy with no co-ordination. Grew up with a kid that was 6'8" by the time we were in high school, very similar builds/style of basketball play.

Back