58 Story skyscraper in San Francisco is tilting and sinking

I've never bothered to conduct any research into how many large buildings are constructed in that fashion, but like a third or more of SF is sand, and most buildings don't penetrate down to bedrock. You'd think, however, that anything over 9-10 stories would be. Millennium tower is something up in the 30+ zone.

Fucking millennials and their towers

I love idiotic comments like this. Your right wing ideology is constantly focused on insulting the left wing for... What? Allowing homeless people to exist? I'm curious what exactly your proposals are. Murdering them?

Holy frig is this the most moronic stereotypical liberal response.

I criticize libs for letting homeless literally shit on the sidewalk.

Liberal response ?
"Stop insulting libs for letting homeless people exist !"

Nobody said don't let them exist. Just don't let them live and defecate on the sidewalk maybe?

Lib response #2
"What would you do, murder them ?"

Well maybe you can stop the homeless from creating little villages on the street and disgusting health hazards without actually murdering them ?

I have an idea.
Maybe stop spending millions on social services and legal protections for illegal immigrants and you might have enough money to take care of the actual US citizens living in your state ?
California is going broke due to their radical liberal policies.
It's not partisan to see that and think it should change.
Its common sense.

Liberal response ?

Nobody said don't let them exist. Just don't let them live and defecate on the sidewalk maybe?

Lib response #2

Well maybe you can stop the homeless from creating little villages on the street and disgusting health hazards without actually murdering them ?

I have an idea.
Maybe stop spending millions on social services and legal protections for illegal immigrants and you might have enough money to take care of the actual US citizens living in your state ?
Its common sense.

Source?

Liberal response ?

Lib response #2

I have an idea.
Its common sense.

Might... Have enough money... Do yourself a favor, and conduct a quick Google search on just how much SF alone spends on homelessness every year.

Money isn't the issue. The problem is that this city and California in general are where many of them wind up (either due to migration or because they were born here - all debatable I suppose). Second issue is what the money is spent on and how it's used. Even if you have a bed (there still aren't enough) you can't force someone to accept it, and there is so much danger and mental illness in the homeless community that it isn't as simple as hording them up into a building.

I for one advocate discussion on resurging the federally decommissioned mental hospitals (and of course, ideally, running them well - not just locking people into frightening prison wards as many of them had likely become).

I love idiotic comments like this. Your right wing ideology is constantly focused on insulting the left wing for... What? Allowing homeless people to exist? I'm curious what exactly your proposals are. Murdering them?
Well duh

I'm not spending 10 seconds posting anything stating the financial condition of California for you.

Look it up lazy.
It's there to see

You made the initial assertion, I assumed you may have had a source at hand.

Which liberal policies are the most to blame for California's debt issues?

I'm not spending 10 seconds posting anything stating the financial condition of California for you.

Look it up lazy.
It's there to see

What financial condition would that be? If California were a country, it would be in the top 10 highest for GDP and it is really by no means overbalanced by population in that regard.

Last edited:
What idiot would design a large, tall building anchored in sand in an earthquake zone? Who are the idiots allowing this type of construction? An unstable building like this falling could start a domino effect in an earthquake.

It's the kind of thing you'd expect in India. Shout out to Indians.

Basically everyone in my neighborhood (inner Richmond) under the age of 35 seems to do exactly that. Sickens me. But it's the real estate investors and landlords who made it what it is, so I can't really blame them. Sickens me, though.
You live in the poor area of SF. Some girls won't date guys in SF who live in the SUNSET or Inner Richmond area cuz those are the poor working professionals.

Both of you two are probably poor. How do you have any disposable income after paying $3,000 for rent for a 800 sq ft bedroom, overpriced fair traded cruelty free coffees. Also there's a slim pickings of hot women.
accurate :/

You live in the poor area of SF. Some girls won't date guys in SF who live in the SUNSET or Inner Richmond area cuz those are the poor working professionals.
the hottest girls in the Bay Area are from Danville/san Ramon/Pleasanton.
there are some lookers in Marin too Imo

Figures San Franciscans don't read the Bible.

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

It is most likely tilting since they are leaning to far to the right, ZING!!!

I'll let myself out the door guys, I'll be here tomorrow though :D.

I don't get it. Isn't San Francisco known for leaning to the left?

Not to name my company, but we are participating in some capacity in the new Salesforce Tower next door. I have been directly involved in the Millenium Tower litigation. It is a fucking shitshow and there a multiple parties at fault IMO.

Back