58 Story skyscraper in San Francisco is tilting and sinking

In Italy, this would be a major attraction. Step up your game San Fran.

thats what happens when you build on foundations of massive gayness

Sand-->bedrock. 80 feet-->200 feet. Earthquake-->yikes.

What idiot would design a large, tall building anchored in sand in an earthquake zone? Who are the idiots allowing this type of construction? An unstable building like this falling could start a domino effect in an earthquake.

What idiot would design a large, tall building anchored in sand in an earthquake zone? Who are the idiots allowing this type of construction? An unstable building like this falling could start a domino effect in an earthquake.

If there is an earthquake they can just set the building on fire so it falls straight down

Good. Let the limo libs disappear into a huge sinkhole.
They can let the homeless people crap in the hole instead of the middle of the sidewalk then.
Win win.

Good. Let the limo libs disappear into a huge sinkhole.
They can let the homeless people crap in the hole instead of the middle of the sidewalk then.
Win win.

I love idiotic comments like this. Your right wing ideology is constantly focused on insulting the left wing for... What? Allowing homeless people to exist? I'm curious what exactly your proposals are. Murdering them?

Wed need like 6 more roomies And split the bill 1k each

Basically everyone in my neighborhood (inner Richmond) under the age of 35 seems to do exactly that. Sickens me. But it's the real estate investors and landlords who made it what it is, so I can't really blame them. Sickens me, though.

I've never bothered to conduct any research into how many large buildings are constructed in that fashion, but like a third or more of SF is sand, and most buildings don't penetrate down to bedrock. You'd think, however, that anything over 9-10 stories would be. Millennium tower is something up in the 30+ zone.

Back