56,215 tickets already sold! KSW beat UFC record, only at Pride Shockwave was more attendance

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Actual TOP 10 (attandance):

1. Pride Shockwave (2002) - 71,000
2. KSW 39: Colosseum - 56,215*
3. UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm (2015) - 56,214
4. UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields (2011) - 55,724
5. Pride 17: Championship Chaos (2001) - 53,246
6. Pride Final Conflict 2003 - 53,000
7. Pride 23: Championship Chaos 2 (2002) - 52,228
8. Pride Grand Prix 2000: Opening Round (2000) - 48,316
9. UFC 198: Werdum vs. Miocic (2016) - 45,207
10. Pride Total Elimination Absolute (2006) - 43,000

*A few hundred tickets still on sale. Perhaps the final result will be ~ 57,000.

Event in Saturday (May27). More info here - http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/k...m-show-may-27-live-stream-discussion.3534449/

Yeah and 40,000 of those were probably for dirt cheap. KSW is great for what it is, but they don't have tons of elite guys. It's like One. Very high level regional promotion that does well in its market but globally doesn't mean that much. I hope to see it continue to grow though along with the MMA scene in general in Europe.

Yeah and 40,000 of those were probably for dirt cheap

They did not distribute the tickets for free. It would be unprofitable. They are not as rich as the UFC or the Pride, so they can not be financially lost.

awesome

RIZIN could learn a thing or two about what the public freaking wants

Given that the tickets are probably over 10 euros at the cheapest thats gonna be an awesome gate

Yeah and 40,000 of those were probably for dirt cheap. KSW is great for what it is, but they don't have tons of elite guys. It's like One. Very high level regional promotion that does well in its market but globally doesn't mean that much. I hope to see it continue to grow though along with the MMA scene in general in Europe.

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm started doing massive discounts towards the end and also papering the event and had huge empty spots in the arena so dont act like they are that much above KSW for cheap tickets

I applaud what KSW is doing.

There selling the shit of there product in there region, selling tickets to all there events very well. and killing it in the local ratings. They found a niche for sure and in this sport that is better than 98% of the promotions that come and go can say.

Good for KSW, they put on a good show.

Wonder what the gate is.

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm started doing massive discounts towards the end and also papering the event and had huge empty spots in the arena so dont act like they are that much above KSW for cheap tickets

This, UFC Def sold cheap tickets at the end to get the record but still did a 6 mill gate.

Fact that two US females fighting in Aus in the morning were able to do those numbers is pretty crazy.

So excited for this card. Lots of higher weight class fights, a healthy dose of freak show stuff, should be a crazy crowd too.

KSW is probably my favourite promotion outside of the UFC right now.

It's pretty crazy that the UFC only has three spots in the top ten

<Fedor23>

So what if they were cheap?

Sure, they'll make less revenue on their crowd of 56k than the UFC did. But it's still 56k people enjoying MMA and growing the sport.

It's pretty crazy that the UFC only has three spots in the top ten
Was just thinking while reading that that it's pretty cool Pride still has six of the top 10. Crazy to think that the UFC still hasn't reached the heights of Pride at its peak.

Was just thinking while reading that that it's pretty cool Pride still has six of the top 10. Crazy to think that the UFC still hasn't reached the heights of Pride at its peak.
To be fair, UFC has been putting like 40+ cards at year.

KSW literally threw everything they have in this card. And Im not complaining.. it is fucking awesome.

Gotta love these shows.

They did not distribute the tickets for free. It would be unprofitable. They are not as rich as the UFC or the Pride, so they can not be financially lost.

I didn't say free, I said cheap

Any big time event like this is going to have the same thing. Super cheap seats. I'm not saying the UFC is somehow superior or anything. I'm just saying this doesn't mean KSW is about to take over the world because they broke a UFC attendance record.

I'm curious what the gate will be for KSW. Do they release that info?

<Fedor23>

So what if they were cheap?

Sure, they'll make less revenue on their crowd of 56k than the UFC did. But it's still 56k people enjoying MMA and growing the sport.

Again, it's not an insult to KSW, it's just to put things in perspective. It broke the UFC's record, yes, but what does that mean really? It's amazing the MMA scene in POland is that large like I said in my post and I hope the talent continues to thrive. But these seats were sold to watch Pudz and Popek mostly, two non elite fighters who are freakshow attractions.

I don't see why everyone here is shitting on what I said. I am not a UFC shill, I've been posting here for 10 years, back when the Contenders board or whatever this is called now (worldwide mma) was actually thriving. I pray that MMA succeeds outside the UFC. Just pointing out the obvious.

If the UFC went to Ireland with Conor and held a fight inside their largest stadium, it would beat everything including the old PRIDE record. In fact, I believe that if the UFC went to Cowboy stadium with Conor and another draw in the co main, let's say Jones or something, they could sell that out too.

UFC doesn't really run large arena shows regularly. They certainly could, but they like to do their big shows in Vegas, because they can charge insane amounts of money for seats and generate a bigger gate inside a 20,000 seat stadium than a 60,000.

I wonder, if the UFC went to Poland with Joanna headlining and maybe another big name, could they get 50k+? Is Joanna known in Poland even close to the level of Pudz or Popek? I'm going to guess no, but I don't live there and don't know. I do know Pudz and Popek are mainstream stars even outside of MMA there, so yeah. Unlike Joanna whose main fame was achieved overseas in the UFC purely as a fighter.

Btw. No matter what I will be watching. So cheers everyone

Back