555lbs Deadlift raw

I pull more than that at 185 and have never used a belt for deadlifts.....squats is a different story...IMO if you dont use a belt when squatting i think you are not too bright

I pull more than that at 185 and have never used a belt for deadlifts.....squats is a different story...IMO if you dont use a belt when squatting i think you are not too bright
Really?
Interesting.

Blanket statements are so fun!

So because a sttonger guy than most people does a beltless pr it means its safe and not stupid? So people should train beltless because you show this?

Go away jim like you said you were going to do when they changed the forum layout

So because a sttonger guy than most people does a beltless pr it means its safe and not stupid? So people should train beltless because you show this?

Go away jim like you said you were going to do when they changed the forum layout
Nah, your statement was the only stupid part.

I'm used to it now. So sorry, brah.

Well, I thought this thread died, so I'm surprised to see so many repsonses a week later.

Thanks for the supportive words from most of you. Like I said before, I don't compete; this is just a hobby that I enjoy, and part of that joy comes from doing things raw.

That wasn't really a PR of any sort like I explained in the OP. I just decided to get a pull on video that I was doing that day because my girlfriend happened to be home. Yeah, my back was rounded and hips high, but I wouldn't go making too many broad assumptions with a one rep video.

For anyone worried about me wearing a belt or not, thanks for your concern but I don't really foresee this being an issue. Maybe if the pleasure of doing raw lifts fades, I'll switch back to a geared lift just to reignite some passion for going out there everyday. Injury really isn't something that's on my mind. I've never suffered an injury lifting and I think a part of that it is from pacing myself with the raw style - I can only shoot for however much I can hold without straps, so that usually keeps me in a pretty safe place.

I pull more than that at 185 and have never used a belt for deadlifts.....

Cool, post a video.

squats is a different story...IMO if you dont use a belt when squatting i think you are not too bright

Going to disagree there.

so because some random dude on the internet says it's stupid to squat without a belt means it's stupid and not safe? so people should train with a belt because you said so?

im not going to sit here and do a back and forth...i said my piece/opinion....if you want to take the advice do it if not than so be it

Even if your posts were filled with good information, you're going to find people aren't going take you seriously or pay much attention when your spelling, grammar, and general writing skills are dogshit.

Last edited:
Thrillla in not pubnilla !

PokerandBeer vs The returning 16 time undisputed heavyweight Jimmie rustlin' champeeeeeeeeeeeeen of the world. A hard workin', boat racin', Club bouncin', French-canadian Sonuva gun JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM RUUSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEL !.

I'm not going to sit here and do a back and forth... I said my piece/opinion... If you want to take the advice, do it. If not, then so be it.

Here. I fixed that for you, bro.

I still can't take you seriously, though.

I don't use a belt because I am cheap and like lifting with as little stuff as possible.

Great post, thanks!

Edit, nice summary chart:

Belt-vs2.png

Last edited:
I train beltless because fuck waiting 3 months for a belt from Inzer or Titan and paying 200 bucks.

$200?

I'm in Canada and my 13mm Inzer single prong was $120 to my door.

Back