54 Ex boxer champ, knocks the F.... out of some dude! | Page 9

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Hagler at War, May 11, 2013.

1. The HoneyBadger** Green Belt

The HoneyBadger**
    Drinking a redbull is an aggressive posture?

Anyway I am a law student and I train/fight in MMA, Amateur Muay Thai, and Jiujitsu.

I know it is somehow hard to believe.

2. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

mozfonky
    not hard to believe but your claim of being in physical altercations is misleading, taking a class and sparring are not getting into street scuffles, they aren't any more similar than sand is to soil.

3. The Batkilt Banned

The Batkilt
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

mozfonky
    since this topic does have legs, I guess I'll share why I think rocky, or anyone is within their rights to bust anyone acting like this guy. The only time I may very well have come out on the losing end of a real street fight is when I kept giving the other guy chances, oppurtunities, warnings, he got the first and best chance to do gouge my eyes, blind me long enough to knock me on my ass. It was a lesson not wasted, anyone else getting into my personal space and if they are talking in that way I'll do something, and you know what? you really don't even have to hurt most people, just let them know you mean business but the one thing I won't do is let anyone get that close to me, let anyone touch me without some major preemptive strikes. Fact is there are some real dumbasses, sociopaths, drunks, druggies, young punks, people angry over an argument with their old ladies or some other issue, but that's not my responsibility. I don't know where most of you guys live, how you've grown up but it's not the whole world and vice versa. And compared to all the stuff we all have to ignore daily, like arguments over traffic, people taking offense that you let a door close on them or they think you looked at them funny, very few of those things end up needing any action at all but we also have to accept the fact that we live in an imperfect, unpredictable world and I don't believe I owe a stranger anything, nothing, not understanding, not busfare, nothing other than common decency which should be reciprocated. If any of you have ever worked real blue collar jobs, (steel mills, mechanic, painting) you'll realize there is an entire segment of society quite willing to talk down, physically threaten you, get in your face. This same segment and more is out on the streets when you go shopping or to the gas station. I know an irish guy who advised me to ignore people when they start stuff in work situations and said he couldn't do anything at his job because he had too much to lose, but what we both agree on is that in his professional, office setting, it was never necessary. Point is, as the bible says, there is a time and place for everthing, even if it ends you up in prison. As a former cop said about this one time "better to be judged by twelve than buried by six."

5. Da Speeit ****** Bamboozler

Da Speeit
    In bed with your bitch, watching game of thrones,
    The rest of this post is on point and accurate, but this specifically is the mothafuckin' truth.

People are too crazy these days, if someone is coming at you the way this guy was Rocky, you need to defend yourself.

6. mozfonky We oughta be fightin' a bottle of Geritol.

mozfonky
    the "law" is a strange animal and an entity unto itself. Other day, I was looking up news on car break ins being as my cars have been broken into about 5 times in the last couple years. I came across a case where some dumbass was walking off with another guys stereo equipment, after being warned to stop the guy shot him and killed him. The shooter had his life turned upside down as he got nine months work release. I've known of cases where swat officers shoot guys running away and nothing happens. And there are also times when cops are blatantly in the fucking wrong and still nothing happens, those kinds of things make a lot of people see the law as farcical. When it concerns violence, nobody really wins, some people are going to think if rocky did nothing but ran away that rocky was a pussy, some people are going to think rocky should be locked up for three years and some na

7. fightingrabbit Silver Belt

fightingrabbit
    There we go. See, i was wondering what you meant by physical confrontations 3 times a week. I was wondering "Wtf is this guy like a security guard? Or a bouncer? Or a prison guard? Where does he live and what is he doing that he's getting into street fights 3 times a week."

I kind of had a hunch you were trying to subtlety refer to training and sparring. Yet you had me real confused for a second though, as i thought that there's no way a smart, clever law student can believe that sparring is the same as a physical altercation. I guess i was wrong. It was a very convenient, yet not quite correct play on words to let people know "Yeah, i throw down, so i have credibility on the subject." Maybe in a literal sense, but you're not bullshitting anyone.

Any person (or at least all the posters in here)would envision a 'physical confrontation' as a situation on the street with a total random stranger with a million variables that can come into play, which controlled sparring in a gym is not.

After sparring in the gym i don't tell people "Oh man i got into 3 physical confrontations this week!" Thats stupid.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013