50 years since the Fosbury Flop was introduced on the world stage

I remember learning to do that in Jr. High.

In a similar way American Bill Koch revolutionized cross country skiing by inventing the skating technique now dominating nordic skiing events.

bill-koch.jpg

Bump.

Any other technique inventions that have change the sport forever?

I guess you can same Jim Corbett and the jab.

Bump.

Any other technique inventions that have change the sport forever?

I guess you can same Jim Corbett and the jab.

Heisman - forward pass in football

Greg LeMond (cycling): use of power meters, Oakley sunglasses, specialization and focus on the Tour de France (not really beneficial to the sport in some ways but it is what it is), million dollar contract, it ice cream and mexican food during the race season (he was almost laughed out o the sport for this), use of carbon fiber frames in pro cycling

Heisman - forward pass in football

Greg LeMond (cycling): use of power meters, Oakley sunglasses, specialization and focus on the Tour de France (not really beneficial to the sport in some ways but it is what it is), million dollar contract, it ice cream and mexican food during the race season (he was almost laughed out o the sport for this), use of carbon fiber frames in pro cycling
I remember one year Greg won, the guy that came in second was a German with long hair.

One announcer speculated that the guy's long hair led to him losing since it created draft over the month long race.

Fractions of a second add up over the course if the tour de france

I remember one year Greg won, the guy that came in second was a German with long hair.

One announcer speculated that the guy's long hair led to him losing since it created draft over the month long race.

Fractions of a second add up over the course if the tour de france

He was french and balding but had a ponytail (Laurent Fignon). Yup - the decision to wear an aero helmet won the race, never mind the use of tri-bars.

They were teammates 5 yrs earlier. In retirement Fignon said that he and LeMond were roommates during the tour of Columbia and coke was flying around everywhere. LeMond vehemently, denied the story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back