5 years ago we witnessed one of the most exciting WW championship fights ever.

I remember watching it and thinking after the fight, damn GSP lost and if they give this fight to GSP it would be a shame.

So a not even that good wrestler with an overhand vs a one dimensional fighter was fought in a higher level than the MMA GOAT and probably the most well rounded fighter even GSP vs a very dangerous well rounded opponent in Hendricks ? You are delusional.

MMA GOAT? What?

I didn't see Jones in that fight. Weird.

"Well-rounded" is a cute adjective. The sport evolved: Woodley-Wonderboy was a far superior, more technical display of skills and athleticism. Sure, GSP-Hendricks was a landmark, but it's tainted by the robbery against Hendricks.

MMA GOAT? What?

I didn't see Jones in that fight. Weird.

"Well-rounded" is a cute adjective. The sport evolved: Woodley-Wonderboy was a far superior, more technical display of skills and athleticism. Sure, GSP-Hendricks was a landmark, but it's tainted by the robbery against Hendricks.
Dude GSP haters are so delusional . By the way im curious to know who is the greatest welterweight of all time in your opinion ?

I scored it GSP and was surprised as hell. Commentary sways a lot of people. I wonder how many people saying Hendricks clearly won actually scored the fight. It basically came down to how you scored one round.

As for people sayig Hendricks got what he wanted and that he never failed a drugs test please. Name one person who's fallen off the radar more since testing got more stringent? He's gone from wobbling guys with a jab to blowing up, not being able to make weight (despite going up a weight category!) and basically is a pale imitation of his former self.

This was around the time GSP was openly calling attention to the fact lots of fighters were enhanced/cheating. It would seem that he was correct so let's not cry a river for Hendricks.
If the man didn't fail a drug test, how can you say he was a cheater. Just cause a fighter falls off after stricter drug enforcement doesn't automatically mean they were juicing. Alot of people have "fell off".

You can't label someone something that they never be caught doing.

Good fight, I think GSP was getting into "damaged fighter" territory by number of fights/training camps he had at that point.

I'll admit I was losing interest in GSPs career at that point though, his style just was not clicking with me.

Dude GSP haters are so delusional . By the way im curious to know who is the greatest welterweight of all time in your opinion ?

What? How am I a "GSP hater"? Where do you get that from?

Greatest at WW: Woodley of course.

You can have your opinion eh. I don't mind it. I'll stick to my own, and it's by no means "hate".

What? How am I a "GSP hater"? Where do you get that from?

Greatest at WW: Woodley of course.

You can have your opinion eh. I don't mind it. I'll stick to my own, and it's by no means "hate".
giphy.gif

I bet you also consider Rory MacDonald or Carlos Newton as the greatest canadian fighter of all time <36><36>

The guy that GSP's been ducking for ages. How can you have someone out there who's literally threatening your legacy and not fight him?

The guy that GSP's been ducking for ages. How can you have someone out there who's literally threatening your legacy and not fight him?
That guy would have fought GSP if he hadnt lost to Jake Shields .

I gave it 4 rds to 1 for George.
(on initial watching)

I remember all the sherdoggers crying and going nuts that GSP won.

I went to the board that morning as I was thinking everybody would be praising GSP for his win but instead it was all moaning.
80% Hendricks was born.

It definitely rubbed Sherdog the wrong way.

It was a very close fight and I clearly remember thinking GSP lost that one. I happy he won, time has shown he deserved that win more than Hendricks.

Hendricks tapped ..

Purely for controversy

Gsp: the best point-fighter of all-time. Oh, what a glorious reputation to uphold!!!

Easiest win GSP ever had and he beat Hendricks so bad he was never the same.

Back