5 Weapons in Doomsday Scenario

Shit is going down, son. You must choose 5 weapons in the following categories to defend yourself with. It is marshall law. Everyman for himself. End of world, doomsday shit. What are your 5 weapons in the following categories?

1- Handgun
2- Firearm (any gun)
3- Knife (has to be a knife)
4- Melee (any melee weapon)
5- Wildcard (any weapon ex: grenade, another gun, chainsaw)

I never get tired of these threads haha

1. Glock 17.
2. I would love the AK 47, but I'm gonna go with an AR-15 platform weapon as ammo would be easier to come by.
3. Does a multitool count? Because that would be ideal. If not that then a Kabar. Just something with a fixed blade.
4. Machete.
5. A suppressed Walther P22.

Basically I'd want my weapons to be durable, light, relatively easy to carry, clean, maintain and find ammo for.

Update with what I have available right now:
Pistol - Browning Buckmark - its a .22 pistol which doesn't pack a lot of power, but it's enough to get the job done with proper shot placement, and its valuable as a small game harvester. And I prefer the ergos of this over the Ruger mark III.
Buck-Mark-Camper-MID-051379-m.jpg

Long gun - Sticking with my 870. A tough call if you're only going to carry one long gun, but I'd put priority on the 12 gauge shotgun. Ammo is heavy, but common, and very versatile. Self defense, zombies, hunting, etc. shotgun does it all. I like my 870 with a 26" barrel and an extended magazine. 6 in the tube + one in the chamber
2-REM81100.jpg

Knife - Scrapyard Dogfather - It's big, and it will get the job done. For zombies, a knife doesn't mean a lot, for the zompocalypse, it's a survival tool and a way to keep the living from fucking you up in close combat. I actually modded mine out with a micarta handle, and a full flat grind, so it's lighter than it was before and has the strongest handle I could make without the equipment for fiberglass reinforced polymer. its indestructable to boot. The Dogfather is the one in the middle.
img0373yc8.jpg

Melee - the zombie crusher. Made this little gem the other day for my blog. Style is everything in zombie land, and this thing doesn't lack on substance either. Shameless plug: check it out here
IMAG0527.jpg

Miscelaneous - Savage 111 chambered in .30-06. Everyone needs a long rang gun. Not sure it's something I'd carry around with me on a regular basis, but for defending any sort of stronghold, you can be sure to get them before they get you. I'd like to updgrade to an ar10 chambered in .308, but that'll take some time.
savage_rifle_111FCXP3.jpg

Last edited:
I'd carry one of these. You can make your own ammo out of scrap lead so you don't have to worry about scavenging bullets. It's not a precision piece, so repairs would be simpler.

295302c45cfed66bf45d47a96ef3.jpg

mini-french-swept-hilt-rapier-710.jpg

(everyone is so worried about a zombie invasion, well I'm preparing myself realistically... get me a thrusting weapon which I can attack and kill from as far as possible!)

If you want a thrusting weapon that can kill from as far away as possible I would think a 7 or 8 foot spear would be better then that rapier.

Cold-Steel-Spear.jpg

1. Sig P220. Chambered in .45 so ammo is relatively easy to find. My self-defence firearm.
(alternative is Sig P226 in 9mm for the same reason)
sig220left.jpg

2. Remington 700 in .308 for hunting. reliable, easy to service bolt action, heaps or them around for parts and ammo.
Remington-700XCR-A45566.jpg

3. Kabar USMC - cos i already have one & its awesome.
41669008_9474597.jpg

4. Stanley Hand Tools-55-122*Stanley Fubar Forcible Entry Tool - 30". I love it. think of a giant leatherman for wrecking stuff. 30" long, even has a sledge built in. as they say "Our premier forcible entry tool designed by responders for vehicle extrication and extreme demolition"
55-122_mid_res.jpg

5. A remote house/cabin fully stocked with food, tools, medical supplies, lots of spare ammo. Located near a fresh water source and preferably in an area where there is large numbers of edible animals like pigs, deer , sheep, cows kangaroos, goats or even camels/ (I'm in Aus, altho the kangarooos prolly gave that away.)
ooraminna-station-homestead_1.jpg

1. Sig P220. Chambered in .45 so ammo is relatively easy to find. My self-defence firearm.(alternative is Sig P226 in 9mm for the same reason)
sig220left.jpg

2. Remington 700 in .308 for hunting. reliable, easy to service bolt action, heaps or them around for parts and ammo.
Remington-700XCR-A45566.jpg

3. Kabar USMC - cos i already have one & its awesome.
41669008_9474597.jpg

4. Stanley Hand Tools-55-122*Stanley Fubar Forcible Entry Tool - 30". I love it. think of a giant leatherman for wrecking stuff. 30" long, even has a sledge built in. as they say "Our premier forcible entry tool designed by responders for vehicle extrication and extreme demolition"
55-122_mid_res.jpg

5. A remote house/cabin fully stocked with food, tools, medical supplies, lots of spare ammo. Located near a fresh water source and preferably in an area where there is large numbers of edible animals like pigs, deer , sheep, cows kangaroos, goats or even camels/ (I'm in Aus, altho the kangarooos prolly gave that away.)
ooraminna-station-homestead_1.jpg

Have that gun on my hip as I speak...er type.
IMG_20111221_174520.jpg

5.11 Taclite Pro Pants FTW! I'm wearing a pair at work as I type.

Yes sir. And 5.11 ATAC boots, SOG Trident knife, and Bianchi duty belt with BladeTech double mag holder, cuff case, and of course, Blackhawk Serpa. Good eye btw.

Yes sir. And 5.11 ATAC boots, SOG Trident knife, and Bianchi duty belt with BladeTech double mag holder, cuff case, and of course, Blackhawk Serpa. Good eye btw.

Painter's loop was a dead giveaway. Alongside my 5.11 pants, I currently also have my Spyderco Endura 4 with Emerson Opener, Leatherman Charge TTi multitool, Fenix LD20 flashlight, Victorinox SilverTech Signature Lite, Peerless M700 handcuffs in an Uncle Mike's cuff pouch, and Hatch Defender SAP gloves in my cargo pockets.

[/threadjack]

Painter's loop was a dead giveaway. Alongside my 5.11 pants, I currently also have my Spyderco Endura 4 with Emerson Opener, Leatherman Charge TTi multitool, Fenix LD20 flashlight, Victorinox SilverTech Signature Lite, Peerless M700 handcuffs in an Uncle Mike's cuff pouch, and Hatch Defender SAP gloves in my cargo pockets.

[/threadjack]

I ran off and forgot my patdown gloves today:eek:. Can't remember what model but they're Blackhawk kevlar reinforced slash/puncture resistant palms. Never know what someone has in their pockets.

1. G18 Machine pistol. Rapid fire with immense stopping power.
2. M24A3 with silencer and iron sights. Scoped weapons make you easier to spot due to glare. Producing noise might alert roving gangs of your position.
3. Kukri. Very versatile from cutting thick brushes,to melee, to skinning animals.
4. No need for extra melee weapon. Extra baggage and weight.
5. Silenced MP5. Quiet, small, light, can be used in tight corners, great stopping power, rapid fire.

ha, i thought i had killed this thread with my 'remote cabin with lots of ammo, medical supplies, food and water'.

1 .40 glock more accurate than a .45 more stopping power than 9mm
2. m1 carbine or if you like a more modern weapon m-4
3. ka bar- very good heavy duty all purpose knife
4.crow bar- good tool and weapon, swords are pretty, but only for nerds and ninjas
5. crossbow- silent, reasonable range, fairly easy to use

1 .40 glock more accurate than a .45 more stopping power than 9mm
2. m1 carbine or if you like a more modern weapon m-4
3. ka bar- very good heavy duty all purpose knife
4.crow bar- good tool and weapon, swords are pretty, but only for nerds and ninjas
5. crossbow- silent, reasonable range, fairly easy to use

Different balistics for sure. But accuracy is on the shooter my friend.

1- Handgun
2- Firearm (any gun)
3- Knife (has to be a knife)
4- Melee (any melee weapon)
5- Wildcard (any weapon ex)

1. A revolver of some variety - easy to take care, uncomplicated mechanism.

2. A hunting rifle or shotgun. I know very little about firearms, I'm afraid.

3. A langsax, common in Scandinavia, Frankia, England, and the rest of Germanic Europe from about 400-1000 CE. It's a long-knife/short-sword with a 40-60cm long blade, no pommel or guard. Surprisingly quick and slightly heavier towards the end; it handles a lot like a falchion. I have one with a 50cm blade and I think it's probably my favorite weapon.

4. My viking sword, Petersen type H pommel (triangular - good for whacking people/zombies on the head with) with a 90cm double-edged blade. It's one handed so leaves the other hand free for grappling/a pistol/some kind of improvised shield, and viking age blades are the only weapons apart from bows that I have any training with (hence no. 3 as well).

5. A longbow. Preferably a self-bow made of good Italian yew. I'm a very experienced longbow archer of about five years, so it would would be more useful to me than, say, a modern recurve or compound bow which I've very, very limited training/experience in the former and none in the latter. Plus, it's easier to maintain than modern bows, and I've I've learned to shoot by eye rather than with sights. It's also close to silent, and certainly wouldn't alert someone listening out for gunshots.

But how are you going to chop through the inevitable hordes of zombies with a crowbar? :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Update with what I have available right now:
Pistol - Browning Buckmark - its a .22 pistol which doesn't pack a lot of power, but it's enough to get the job done with proper shot placement, and its valuable as a small game harvester. And I prefer the ergos of this over the Ruger mark III.
Buck-Mark-Camper-MID-051379-m.jpg

These are among the most accurate hand guns Ive fired in fact. Ive never really been a fan of them, but recently I was shooting an old s and w .45 and was quite impressed with it. And that is saying something.

You aint gonna make it very far with all that weight. If there is a zombie/doomsday scenario i want to be able to run/climb/jump rooftops.

lol

I use to think the same thing as I was humping around mountains in the middle of the night with 3/4 my body weight in gear.

This thread is hilarious to read, some of you watch way too much tv. Others have obviously thought this through and seem to be well prepared lol.

I need to acquire another ak47 variant, though I have hard time going for anything other than the milled receiver rifles which are generally more expensive and less common than the stamped receivers. At least in my area. The prices were out of this world just last year, but Ive seen some pretty good prices lately. More reasonable lets say. I highly recommend these rifles, but they are not all created equal.

I guess if you are surviving zombies, all you need is a 22lr pistol. All you need to do is hit them in the head with it, and there is no point in shooting zombies from that far away. If want to clear an area of zombies so you can have access, just make lots of noise, and get them to case, and then double back on them. They are not that smart you know. You can carry a lot of 22lr with much weight. Add in a dagger, or a hatchet, and that is your zombie arsenal. All you need to do is penetrate skull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back