5 Weapons in Doomsday Scenario

1)
images

colt diamondback special
purely due to long term advantages like being able to leave it loaded for long periods of time and still fire and the low maintinance would make this good choice. also could be palmed off to a chick or someone who dosent know much about guns and still be used.

2)
300px-KHUKURI.jpg
gurkha knife
can be used as a chopping, stabbing or slashing weapon...curve in the blade means better weight distribution when striking.

3)
mini-14-tactical.jpg

ruger ranch rifle
can take a 30 round magazine..could be used for both hunting and protection..good accuracy...tactical model comes with a flash supressor.

4)
gladius.jpg

the gladius
the shorter of the two roman infantry sword would be the best..double edged blade with a pointed tip for stabbing..easier to carry than a larger sword but with enough weight behind it to swing and kill what ever your aiming at.

but...

this would be hard to find so in this day and age id go for
images

double hand panga machete
.....photo speaks for itself

5) body guards
images

1- Handgun

images

Glock 34 - I shoot it well enough and since I don't really need to conceal it, I'll take the added sight radius, weight, and "inherent accuracy", also 9mm is pretty common and more "trade-able" unlike (insert exotic, magnum calibre here).

2- Firearm (any gun)

rem8701.jpg

Remington 870 - I love shotguns; pump shotguns don't have many restrictions even here in Canada, so I won't have to build up a secret, illegal, unpinned magazine cache somewhere, just to make it viable for a SHTF scenario. I also love their versatility and the wide availability of different kinds of ammunition for them.

3- Knife (has to be a knife)

junglas1.jpg

ESEE Junglas - Firstly, I will probably actually own one in the near future anyways, but more importantly, it seems like an excellent survival blade. I consider knives to be more tools than weapons, but should the need to use it defensively/offensively arise, it's got a significant amount of reach.

4- Melee (any melee weapon)

policestuff_2139_197313935

SAP gloves - Another issue of "I already own them" but in a doomsday scenario, I won't want to lug around another big, heavy melee weapon on top of all this other crap. Give me a good pair of SAP gloves that can protect my hands, and I'm good to go.

5- Wildcard (any weapon ex: grenade, another gun, chainsaw)

jeep_wrangler.jpg

Jeep Wrangler - Because he who fights and runs away (even if it's over rocky terrain), lives to fight another day.

If ammo wasn't a factor:
1.GLOCK 20
g20_111clip.jpg

2.M1A
spr_aa9122.jpg

3.Gurka Khukri
MTC001.jpg

4.Barnett RC-150
equipment-for-back-yard-deer-hunting.jpg

5.M1A1 Abrams
m1a1_on_patrol.jpg

Last edited:
If ammo is readily available and I have some friends in the Air Force then I would choose this setup.

Handgun:

glocku.jpg

High capacity handgun.

Firearm:
m249saw.jpg

Once again high capacity is what i'd be looking for.

Knife:

kabar1.jpg

Just a trusty Ka-Bar for cutting and killing.

Melee:

katanai.jpg

A Katana for chopping shit up.

Wildcard:

ac130.jpg

And an AC 130 gunship for moving around safely.

Last edited:
You guys are going nuts with your picks. Ok, fine. I'll pick this as my wildcard

Rahmos9-1200x745.jpg

acc_darth_maul_lightsaber.jpg

Smith & Wesson .40cal
Ak-47
Buck Knife
Machete
My 1976 Jeep Wagoneer

I'd take:

1. A .357 Magnum revolver
- Can also fire .38 special which is nice if ammo becomes scarce
- Revolvers are supposed to be easier to use and maintain, very important as I have no experience with handguns

2. A 3 1/2 inch 12 gauge Mossberg 535 All-Terrain Pump Action Shotgun Deer Combo
- can fire 2 3/4, 3, and 3 1/2 inch shotgun shells
- the option of switching to a rifled slug barrel makes this shotgun very versatile

3. A good quality hunting knife with no bigger than a 5 inch blade
- will be used mostly for skinning, butchering and misc. cutting tasks so a huge blade would be more of a hindrance

4. A kukri
- useful both as a melee weapon and as a tool

5. An AK-47 with bayonet <--- assuming I have some time to familiarize myself with the weapon
- reknowned for their durability
- ammo shouldn't be too hard to come by
- would be useful for both hunting and combat scenarios

Shit is going down, son. You must choose 5 weapons in the following categories to defend yourself with. It is marshall law. Everyman for himself. End of world, doomsday shit. What are your 5 weapons in the following categories?

1- Handgun
2- Firearm (any gun)
3- Knife (has to be a knife)
4- Melee (any melee weapon)
5- Wildcard (any weapon ex: grenade, another gun, chainsaw)

Here are mine:

1- .44 Magnum revolver
2- M14
3- Bowie Knife
4- Katana
5- Hunting bow

yours?

1.- Glock in a 9mm or 45 (common military and Law enforcement rds.)
2.- AK47 - classic
3.- multitool leatherman
4.- Hatchet
5.- bow or crossbow.

Great thread!

Glock 40cal
glock_23.jpg

ak47
NorincoBakeliteMag4.jpg

KA-BAR
KA-BAR-1217-rw-10605-5508.jpg

tomahawk axe with hammer
13%20Multi%20Purpose%20Axe%20Tomahawk.jpg

nice compound bow for hunting
compound%20bow.jpg

This is all if ammo was not an issue...

1- Handgun: Beretta 92fs
92gs-silenced.jpg

2- Firearm: PSG-1 (Silenced)
PSG1.jpg

3- Knife: My Trusty Sog
SOG-M37.jpg

4- Melee: Machete
GerberGatorMachete-e.jpg

5- Wildcard: M4
m4.jpg

I would be a recluse up in the mountains, hiding from everyone and using my silenced weapons to hunt. But if people found me, I have my m4 to fuck shit up.

Glock21 - Extended Mag

M60-LMG

Big Hunting Knife

Katana

Rail Gun with infinite ammo.

Depends on the scenario. If im bunkered down somewhere such as a jail or building:
1. HK Mark 23
2. Beowulf, great stopping power
3. Multitool knife
4. Axe
5.M134

If im on the move only 2 and 5 change
2. HK 416
5.saiga

Handgun - HK USP 9mm
Rifle - Colt M4A1
Knife - ESSE-4
Melee - LaGana CQC-T tomahawk
Wildcard - Benelli M1014 combat shotgun

1) Glock 22C (40 cal. compensated)
2) Ruger Mini-14 Stainless with ATI stock
3) Becker BK2
4) Machete
5) Ruger Mk II suppressed pistol (22 cal.)

Kimber SIS .45 1911 semi auto handgun in my blackhawk serpa 3 hip holster, Kahr pm40 in my Galco ankle holster. Benelli Supernova 12 gauge. pistol grip 18.5 inch barrel, Rock River Arms AR-15.... and prayer book haha

Back