5 Weapons in Doomsday Scenario

Love this thread.

Work pwnt right now, but i'll be submitting my picks later.

Also how you gonna carry around a rifle + a shotgun plus all your belongings?

I'm thinking something similar to this setup

holster.jpg

Holds everything in an easy to access way but leaves you the ability to also carry a pack on your back full of non combat necessities.

In a zombie apocalypse situation I want as many lethal options as possible, thus the bayonet. If you can't find any ammunition for a while, at least you've got a spear.

I'm thinking something similar to this setup

holster.jpg

Holds everything in an easy to access way but leaves you the ability to also carry a pack on your back full of non combat necessities.

In a zombie apocalypse situation I want as many lethal options as possible, thus the bayonet. If you can't find any ammunition for a while, at least you've got a spear.

You aint gonna make it very far with all that weight. If there is a zombie/doomsday scenario i want to be able to run/climb/jump rooftops.

Last edited:
Why do you guys all want rifles? Most people cant shoot a rifle accurately even at 50 feet due to the kickback. Also how you gonna carry around a rifle + a shotgun plus all your belongings?
Wha? Double taps are easy on torso sized targets @ 50 YARDS using an AR. If you are a decent "car-bean" shooter.

Carry your primary in a sling and your secondary in a holster. Then carry a good backpack for personal belongings.

I'd probably have a stash somewhere too, for more food, ammo, and back up guns.

1- Handgun
FN Five-Seven . Low recoil & big penetration against armor.

2- Firearm
H & K Mp5 w/ suppressor. Good quiet mid-range weapon.

Good luck getting ammo for the Five-Seven. Big penetration yes, big tissue damage no. The performance on unarmored targets are probably a lot worse than a quality 9mm hollowpoint that expands well. And the round for UBER penetration is not easily available to the public.

As for the Mp5, something that shoots pistol rounds shouldn't be considered a mid-ranged weapon.

You aint gonna make it very far with all that weight. If there is a zombie/doomsday scenario i want to be able to run/climb/jump rooftops.

My main concern wouldn't be extreme mobility, I would be fighting to find a secure, defensible location and I would hunker down until I either had to leave or rescue came.

There would be enough out there trying to kill me without worrying about climbing buildings or jumping off rooftops.

Speaking of; what do most of you think would be the most defensible place to wait things out or to rest for a while (if million dollar fallout shelters and tunnel systems weren't an option)? I would put my money on a high rise. If you could trash the first few flights of stairs you could feel pretty secure for a time.

Also how you gonna carry around a rifle + a shotgun plus all your belongings?

While I disagree with most everything else in your post, this is a very good point. 1 long gun is enough for SHTF. Trying to carry 2 long guns with battle loads is completely impractical.

Get the M&P brah. Don't wanna start a debate. PM me if you want more convincing. :D
I agree. M&P is a class above the XD.
The question for me comes down to what I shoot best. If I can shoot an XD better than a M&P I'm getting the XD. They're both quality firearms, and I have found a range that has the XD, M&P, Springfield mil-spec 1911, and a glock 21 all chambered in .45 acp. I'll be going on Thursday to rent and shoot all four.

Historically I can't shoot glocks to save my life, but I figured they should have some representation in the test. Hesitation on the M&P is that the trigger is said to break like a wet dog turd. Some people love it, others hate it. I shoot a 1911 like its an extension of my arm, but it's a heavy gun compared to the other three, and without the extended mag, only holds 8 rounds (10 is the legal limit in California). And I hear great things about the XD so I wanted to see how it'd work for me as well. I'm not buying a pistol without shooting it, the ergonomics are ESSENTIAL to me, otherwise I'd own a glock already.

The M&P is easy to do a trigger job on (About as simple as the one I did on my 10/22 rifle) and compared the the xd and the 1911 it's the cheapest gun. So dropping in a replacement trigger might still make it a better gun for me for less money. time will tell.

I DO appreciate the input (and personal bias), but I won't know till I shoot them which one I really want.

Wha? Double taps are easy on torso sized targets @ 50 YARDS using an AR. If you are a decent "car-bean" shooter.

Carry your primary in a sling and your secondary in a holster. Then carry a good backpack for personal belongings.

I'd probably have a stash somewhere too, for more food, ammo, and back up guns.

Good luck getting ammo for the Five-Seven. Big penetration yes, big tissue damage no. The performance on unarmored targets are probably a lot worse than a quality 9mm hollowpoint that expands well. And the round for UBER penetration is not easily available to the public.

As for the Mp5, something that shoots pistol rounds shouldn't be considered a mid-ranged weapon.

Well im assuming im not fighting mindless zombies here. There's gonna be government agents / military / private security and also all of you guys !
The Five Seven is used only for coming up against heavy armored enemies. The ammo may be a problem, but if im using ammo im probably killing guys with guns in which case ill swap to their guns if need be.

MP5 at close range will stop any unarmored target and its accurate up to 100 yards. I couldn't shoot farther than that anyway.

Im assuming there's no stash and what you carry is what you got, sorta Book of Eli so weight is critical.

My main concern wouldn't be extreme mobility, I would be fighting to find a secure, defensible location and I would hunker down until I either had to leave or rescue came.

There would be enough out there trying to kill me without worrying about climbing buildings or jumping off rooftops.

Speaking of; what do most of you think would be the most defensible place to wait things out or to rest for a while (if million dollar fallout shelters and tunnel systems weren't an option)? I would put my money on a high rise. If you could trash the first few flights of stairs you could feel pretty secure for a time.

Well if I only gotta hunker down and wait then i'll just set up an M-60 on a tripod and stick claymores everywhere.

I think a Prison would be a very defensible place, high walls, thousands of gates and high watchtowers. Also a prison has everything you need in terms of food/water/medical supplies.

Handgun:
XDM9241HC.jpg

Firearm:
Steyr-Aug-A3-Full-auto.jpg

Knife:
UC212.jpg

Melee:
SOGF01T.jpg

Wildcard:
ksg4459web.jpg
I'm not hanging out with you after the zompocolypse. you've chosen two bullpups for firearms, a knife that will break the first time it hits something solid, and a melee weapon that will get lodged firmly in the body/head of anyone you strike with it. While I kinda dig the KSG any failure of parts is going to be tough to find replacements for (really a minor issue to be fair). My issue with the Steyr is that it lacks versatility. While its not bad in closer ranges, the bullpup trigger is going to make it a horrible gun for anything out past 70 yard since trigger pull is gonna be shit.

I strongly urge you to reconsider your choices... well the xd was probably a good cal.

1- Handgun- my 9mm XDm (19+1, low recoil, low maintinance)
2- AK47 just due to how tough they are
3- Ka-bar with a soft blade, easy for field sharpening, black coated
4- a short a samurai sword, maybe like the seppuku size, easier to carry
5- crossbow for hunting quietly

1. 1911 (100 years proven)
2. Galil in .308
3. Fairbian sykes
4. Gurka Kuhkri
5. The Tumbler Batmobile (Two vehicles in one). pos. The General Lee.

I think a Prison would be a very defensible place, high walls, thousands of gates and high watchtowers. Also a prison has everything you need in terms of food/water/medical supplies.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as long as the inmates are out. Don't wanna find bass tape (Reno 911).

You don't see the Tatang much, good knife, very versatile, very, very formidable weapon in the right hands.

Sidearm Smith and Wesson M&P 45
SWNov3L.jpg

Rifle Mossberg 590A1
mossberg-inset-2.jpg

Knife Convexed Ontario SP8
SP8%20MED.JPG

Cold Steel Rifleman Hawk (convexed, tac-taped)
TS-TCS90RH_540.jpg

Wild Card...Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel 4x4

dg010_003rc-500x322.jpg

Back