5 nightmare HW match-ups for Daniel Cormier (past & present)

And Nog is relentless and is actually good in the clinch I see him wearing DC out in a 5 rounder.

As for Fador I see fedor get taken down but I think he can sweel DC and once that happens DC will eat a ton of GnP.

Yup.

Honestly heavyweight top contenders would killed dc.

Last edited:
An old ass Frank Mir took Overeem down. Cormier could definitely put Reem on his back because unlike someone like Brock Lesnar who only has a power double leg takedown, Cormier is very good at chain wrestling and chains from leg takedowns to body locks with smoothness. No doubt in my mind he could take down Econoreem and not with much difficulty. I think Ubereem would be a lot harder to takedown but he was 265lbs and juiced out of his mind so what difference does it make?

Rumble is very hard to take down if he isnt gassed. He stuffed Phil Davis with ease for 3 rounds and Davis is an All American championship wrestler and DC took Rumble down and smothered the fuck out of him.

You can pretend Gus is easy to take down but he was able to stuff plenty of Jon Jones takedowns and Jones took down EVERYONE he's ever fought and DC ragdolled Gus like a small boy.

Miocic took Overeem down because Stipe is athletic as fuck and shoots fast, clever single leg takedowns and has very underrated wrestling.

You gotta give fighters credit where its due.
Davis was hurt by Rumble in the 1st.
DC took Gus down once and being taken down twice.

An old ass Frank Mir took Overeem down. Cormier could definitely put Reem on his back because unlike someone like Brock Lesnar who only has a power double leg takedown, Cormier is very good at chain wrestling and chains from leg takedowns to body locks with smoothness. No doubt in my mind he could take down Econoreem and not with much difficulty. I think Ubereem would be a lot harder to takedown but he was 265lbs and juiced out of his mind so what difference does it make?

Rumble is very hard to take down if he isnt gassed. He stuffed Phil Davis with ease for 3 rounds and Davis is an All American championship wrestler and DC took Rumble down and smothered the fuck out of him.

You can pretend Gus is easy to take down but he was able to stuff plenty of Jon Jones takedowns and Jones took down EVERYONE he's ever fought and DC ragdolled Gus like a small boy.

Miocic took Overeem down because Stipe is athletic as fuck and shoots fast, clever single leg takedowns and has very underrated wrestling.

You gotta give fighters credit where its due.

Frank Mir was 256 lbs and has a big frame and good leverage. I don't see how bull rushing Overeem and landing one TD proves much for Cormier. I'm not saying he couldn't take Reem down, but concluding he would do it at will based on that? That's a stretch.

The striking range and clinch are already a very dangerous spots for DC. He would be in far more danger in the clinch than he's ever been before. Rumble and Gus simply don't have Overeem's clinch, size or leverage, so wearing them down is easier.

Rumble swings for the fences leaving himself opened for TD's. Overeem picks his shots better. They're entirely different styles.

Miocic is great but also a very different style from DC. I actually listed him as a honorable mention.

Last edited:
Honestly any heavyweight top contenders would killed dc.

It amazes me how overrated DC is at HW. I've seen people saying DC would beat anyone at any weight class except Jones, lol

DC was a top HW for sure, but he never even defeated a top 5 HW.

Frank Mir was 256 lbs and has a big frame and good leverage. I don't see how bull rushing Overeem and landing one TD proves much for Cormier. I'm not saying he couldn't take Reem down, but concluding he would do it at will based on that? That's a stretch.

Frank Mir isnt 1/10th the wrestler that Cormier is. Not in terms of strength, not in terms of leverage and not in terms of mechanics. If Mir can take Overeem down with a sloppy takedown then you would have to be a moron to think that someone with the wrestling skill and strength of Cormier couldnt take Reem down also.

? dc wipes any of them out with ease and i am not even a dc fan.

Big nog would spend the entire fight on his back eating shots or dc could keep it standing and outbox him. big nog had almost no takedowns and zero tdd

Crocrop would spend the fight on his back eating shots

Overeem would spend the fight on his back, add in a glass chin and terrible cardio...

Werdum is a tougher matchup but again cormiers wrestling ensures he keeps the fight where he wants it. cain and cormier are very different fighters

Fedor? really? fedor in his prime had better standup but he would be on his back eating shots just like rumble did. dc's superior cardio and insane top control ftw

Dc gets far too little credit for how good he really is (and he is one of my least favorite fighters).

Just become a god damn fan already. He's obviously very good.

Frank Mir isnt 1/10th the wrestler that Cormier is. Not in terms of strength, not in terms of leverage and not in terms of mechanics. If Mir can take Overeem down with a sloppy takedown then you would have to be a moron to think that someone with the wrestling skill and strength of Cormier couldnt take Reem down also.

"I'm not saying he couldn't take Reem down"

I think you missed that part bro.

Time to move up DC.

I still think those 5 are nightmare match-ups at the moment but this thread does have an expiration date.

Also 1+ for Crocop

hqdefault.jpg

Beats all 5...LOL @ CroCop. DC has only lost to the best fighter ever. He bodyslammed Josh Barnett...

...bodyslammed Josh Barnett.

Beats all 5...LOL @ CroCop. DC has only lost to the best fighter ever. He bodyslammed Josh Barnett...

...bodyslammed Josh Barnett.

Cormier can't defend leg, body or head kicks. I mean Jones rocked him with a head kick, Crocop might actually kill him, lol. Sorry but that's just the truth. Styles make fights.

Jones is not the best fighter ever. He's a roider and he's had more setbacks than Fedor ever had during his 20's.

Oh and Josh wasn't top 5.

Cheers.

Cormier can't defend leg, body or head kicks. I mean Jones rocked him with a head kick, Crocop might actually kill him, lol. Sorry but that's just the truth. Styles make fights.

Jones is not the best fighter ever. He's a roider and he's had more setbacks than Fedor ever had during his 20's.

Oh and Josh wasn't top 5.

Cheers.

Cormier has only lost to the best fighter ever. CroCop went 5-6 in the big leagues. KO'd by Schaub.

And THANK YOU for pointing that out about Barnett. God, I could use you in other threads when I point out that CroCop has no business in GOAT talks, as his best win is a decision over the aforementioned "wasn't top 5" Barnett.

DC beats him everywhere. He already handled 2 guys who besmirched Mirko. Take your posters down. CroCop got his head kicked off by fuckn Gonzaga dude.

Last edited:
Cormier has only lost to the best fighter ever. CroCop went 5-6 in the big leagues. KO'd by Schaub.

And THANK YOU for pointing that out about Barnett. God, I could use you in other threads when I point out that CroCop has no business in GOAT talks, as his best win is a decision over the aforementioned "wasn't top 5" Barnett.

DC beats him everywhere. He already handled 2 guys who besmirched Mirko. Take your posters down. CroCop got his head kicked off by fuckn Gonzaga dude.

He lost to Fedor? Pretty sure they never fought, although prime Fedor would wreck him.

Sorry but Cormier has never fought a top 5 HW, ever. As much as you want to pretend he could, there's simply no basis to say he would beat any of the the elite HW's I mentioned. That's just the truth.

Also this thread clearly says Crocop circa 2003-2006. Why do you even mention his fight with Schaub? That was in 2011, lol.

And MMAth doesn't work. That's a proven fact.

Your post screams newbie. Try again.

20 year old Nogueira probably had the best cardio in the history of HW. Cormier slows down in every single fight he's fought in.
Nog would win by the end.

He lost to Fedor? Pretty sure they never fought, although prime Fedor would wreck him.

Sorry but Cormier has never fought a top 5 HW, ever. As much as you want to pretend he could, there's simply no basis to say he would beat any of the the elite HW's I mentioned. That's just the truth.

Also this thread clearly says Crocop circa 2003-2006. Why do you even mention his fight with Schaub? That was in 2011, lol.

And MMAth doesn't work. That's a proven fact.

Your post screams newbie. Try again.

Where's my "Cheers?"

Fedor went 4-4 in the U.S.

And I guess you mean the CroCop who beat Dos Caras Jr. and a bunch of 190 lb Japs. That guy was a killer. Weird that he was totally shot and getting KO'd by Gonzaga at 32. Who was that top 5 HW that CroCop beat again? DC bodyslammed the same Josh who was Mirko's best win. He also easily defeated 2 guys who flatlined Mirko.

Delusion is bliss.

Cherry-oh!

Last edited:
Thinly veiled Jones hate thread. I like Fedor too, but his fan-boy's with the unhealthy man-crushes can't come to grips with the fact that Jones has subjectively surpassed him.

Also DC handling Barnett is proof that he could have hung with the top tier in Pride. In a cage I think he handles them all. In a ring I think would have troubles especially with Fedor and Cro Cop, still pick em fights though.

Prime CC would be a horrible matchup for DC. The rest of those guys he could be competitive with though.

I love Pride as much as the next guy, but DC is a fucking beast himself. He could hang in there with anyone from any era.

Back