5 most uplifting, genuinely motivating fighters ever

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by emax, Aug 12, 2017.

1. emax Black Belt

emax
    What I mean by this is, who are some of the best, top 5 if possible otherwise maybe just 2-3, best fighters in terms of their ability to motivate fans/spectators and everyone around them due to what they were able to get past during and after their fight career? Which fighters represent the best source of inspiration for your own lives due to how they conducted themselves, how far they went during their fight career with the assets they have and how they have managed themselves after their fight career? Basically, who had the kind of life story that can be most uplifting to us.

saugeye killah likes this.
  2. BigMuffler Pride of Ashlianna

BigMuffler
    In no specific order -

Michael Bisping
    Tyron Woodley
    Miesha Tate
    Forrest Griffin
    Tim Sylvia

HM: Eddie Alvarez, Matt Serra

Even if a large (shallow) portion of the fanbase thinks you suck, you can still do it! :D

VanMMA likes this.
  3. Megalodon Purple Belt

Megalodon
    Aldo's story is pretty inspirational. Unfortunately he won't ever get the respect he deserves among the mainstream and wave of new fans Conor brought to the sport.

4. Summoning Black Belt

Summoning
  5. Fedorgasm Red Belt

Fedorgasm
    Nog for sure. Dude got hit by a truck as a kid. Wasn't supposed to be alive. Then wasn't supposed to walk. Then was supposed to be hampered by his injury for life.

6. saugeye killah No need rope hold up pants.

saugeye killah
    This last season of TUF, even though things didn't go his way, I found Joe Daddy's story pretty crazy. Hard not to love that guy.

Also Frankie just based on the way he fights. All heart.

7. emax Black Belt

emax
    For Saku, I would imagine part of what makes his story inspirational is that he has a human brain that works after the Wanderlei and Arona fights plus all the ones he had after that.

Bisping's story is increasingly a truly valid story one can look to any time they think their own life isn't taking off fast enough.

I'm quite interested to see how Aldo's post fight trajectory goes as he struggles with the you're only as good as your last fight concept. Tons of fight critics inevitably will choose to recognize fighters for their last few fights and not much of anything before that and I don't see any way to change this. Let's hope Aldo finds a way to cope since it's gonna stay with him permanently.

8. Fedorgasm Red Belt

Fedorgasm
    Actually i think Nick Diaz too.

He developed into a tough, fearless, sob, probably for survival, because Stockton is such a ghetto town. Despite not being gifted with high intellect, still found a way to make it to the top of his industry without ever compromising who he is.

Right or wrong he always did it his way. Probably the only guy on Earth that really deserves Frank Sinatra's "my way" to be played at his funeral.

9. Psychedelic Black Belt

Psychedelic
    Goes to show how much this shithole is biased against you-know-who.

The obvious answer to this question is Conor McGregor. Love him or (mostly what the dorks do in here) hate him, dude's inspirational, and is a prime example of a formerly average joe who grabbed life by the balls.

10. Fedor>Cain K1 Level Shit Talk

Fedor>Cain
    Jon Jones.

I can't think of a better role model. Who doesn't dream of making millions, banging hoes, and doing mountains of cocaine?

11. Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

Reach4theSky
    BJ Penn

Coming from a wealthy family and struggling to live in a paradise like Hawaii.

12. Son of Jamin Make MMA Great Again

Son of Jamin
    Genki Sudo

Sakuraba

Big Nog

the answer likes this.
  13. RedRaven Yellow Belt

RedRaven
    Great video.
    Thanks for posting.

14. Raise Your Fist Red Belt

Raise Your Fist
    I met Joe in 2006 at an amateur Pankration event, he was such a nice guy and he ended up coaching me in my last match. Wish he would have done better last TUF tho =(

15. SalvadorAllende Paper belt

SalvadorAllende
    GSP. He was always so applied to his work. His work ethic has yet to be matched.

peterparker66, Strijfy and Docrob2354 like this.
  16. pride_is_back Double Yellow Card

pride_is_back
    Chris Weidman - I have shed a tear with his father too. So proud of it.

Fedor - Such a classy righteous fighter. A family man with no sins whatsoever.

Conor - For saving the UFC and making it great again

Roy Nelson - So much heart and guts. Never afraid.

Mirko CroCop - Thr nicest guy in thr UFC, even though I have never met him, he seems nice

pamirec likes this.
  17. Ottawaguy Silver Belt

Ottawaguy
    GSP. Being bullied as a kid, turned into one of the sport's greatest, while also staying humble and an overall nice guy.

18. GSPSAKU Purple Belt

GSPSAKU
    Most geniunely motivating/uplifting fighters ever? In no particular order

Kazushi Sakuraba: At a time when the Gracies and BJJ was king, this unknown Japanese pro wrestler who trained in some catch wrestling came and destroyed the entire Gracie family and the belief that BJJ was king. A complete paradigm shift for MMA

Tim Sylvia: A fat, unathletic, 350lb heavyweight who couldn't even jump rope, decided to try his hand at MMA and eventually became champion of the UFC. While he was never close to a fan favorite and was often the butt of many MMA jokes, the guy is the epitome of hard work and making the most of what he has.

Conor McGregor: While is cocky and brash persona may rub many the wrong way, the guy is a genuinely good person and always respectful in victory and defeat. Outside of that, this is a guy who, 5 years ago, was on welfare collecting 188 Euros a month and is now about to get possibly a $100 million pay day. A true self made man, coming from nothing to being the most talked about combat sports athlete in the world.

Michael Bisping: As much as I want to leave Bisping off for being a legit prick and asshole, here is a guy made it all the way to the top after 10 years in the game and when everyone thought he was never anything more than a gate keeper. He continued to grind, to hone his craft and made it. And that's not even mentioning his debilitating eye injury along with having no special skill or natural gift. Not particularly fast nor quick nor athletic but worked hard on honing his overall skills and his cardio. Very inspirational to say the least and a lesson to never give up no matter how many times you fall.

Frankie Edgar: The smallest guy at 155lbs, fights with the heart and fire of a champion and over and over again, over came the odds to be champ. Edgar is the epitome of a fighter who never gives up and just keeps coming, a mini-Terminator.

19. Goon Dog Furio Belt

Goon Dog
  20. saugeye killah No need rope hold up pants.

saugeye killah
    I don't know about that second part.

I've seen several episodes of "Dog the Bounty Hunter."