5 Michigan teens who threw rock from highway overpass could face life if convicted of 2nd degree mur

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I hope they do get convicted. They are old enough to know how serious it is to throw rocks at cars whizzing by at highway speeds. A passenger of a van died when a rock came through the windshield and hit his face.

These assholes didn't just throw 1, but more than 20 rocks. It's a large rock/stone they threw, pictured in below link.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-charged-with-murder/?utm_term=.4c610fb12b71

Cases like this are why I see soo many overpasses having grills/mesh covering the length of the pedestrian foot path that overlooks the freeway below.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michigan-teens-charged-adults-murder-rock-thrown-van/story?id=50678827

Last edited:
Kyle, Jake and Cody done messed up.

20 rocks, seriously?

one of them weighing six pounds. jesus.

It's disgusting. Lock them all up.

I remember quite awhile ago there was a similar incident and someone was killed.

This gets my blood boiling. Every time I listen to the radio and hear "Careful, rock throwers on a bridge" in the Traffic announcements, I want them skinned.

Should be 1st degree, they knew what would hqppen.

This gets my blood boiling. Every time I listen to the radio and hear "Careful, rock throwers on a bridge" in the Traffic announcements, I want them skinned.
reminded me of Mr Highway from "the good son"

They shouldn't have thrown those rocks at cars. That was the wrong thing to do.

Good, throw the book at them. At best (for them) they should never see the outside of a prison again.

This part is a bit of a nonsense rant on my part, but can articles stop calling a 17 year old a "teenage boy" in cases like this? Everyone I know is pretty much the same at 17 as they are 18. Teenage boy makes it sound like a 13 year old (who should still go to prison for something like this).

Maybe I had to grow up faster than some, but a 17 year old is pretty much an adult too.

One of those rare instances where stoning is the appropriate sentence.

If you're 16 and you can't fight the urge to do something that could and did kill someone then normal society isn't the right place for you anyways ever in life. They should never be free another day.

They deserve life.

On a side note, there seems to be a few cases of suicides by people jumping from the overpass. Last year on the 60 and just the other day from the 57 freeway.

play stupid games win great prizes.

Came in to say this. I don’t know if kids these days have that certain fear of dad fucking you up, but before I did something dumb at that age I would ask myself if wearing 7 pairs of underwear was worth it....cause I knew an ass whopping was looming

I hope the prosecution can present a good case for intent to kill on the kids part, so they get the murder conviction, but it could be tricky. I don't want them to get off with involuntary manslaughter or some shit.

We could always show tolerance for Islam and incorporate some of their punishments, death by stoning.

It would be fitting in this case and also help us get a closer relationship with Muslims...

There was a similar case, where I don't think the teens got that harsh a sentence for it. The woman hit by the stone ended up surviving with severe brain injury and is mentally handicapped for life; her husband ended up committing suicide because of the ordeal I believe:

Back