$5 billion for Border Wall?

That doesn't refute what I said, it actually reinforces it.
Edit Im having major issues with this phone...my mistake

Currently they have to campaign to rural and urban areas, That would not be the case with a popular vote

The first poll you quoted is legit, 51% said they approve. However, the 51% figure doesn't cover the margin of error, which they said was 2.6%. The Gallup poll, in which 57% said they disapprove, has a margin of error of 3%, so it's definitely a majority even at worst case.

The second one you quoted is an internet-only poll, it doesn't hold any weight.

The first poll you quoted is legit, 51% said they approve. However, the 51% figure doesn't cover the margin of error, which they said was 2.6%. The Gallup poll, in which 57% said they disapprove, has a margin of error of 3%, so it's definitely a majority even at worst case.

The second one you quoted is an internet-only poll, it doesn't hold any weight.
Still, not sure you can just say the other guy lied. Regardless this was Trump's top issue going into the election. The democratic thing to do is push it forward

Still, not sure you can just say the other guy lied. Regardless this was Trump's top issue going into the election. The democratic thing to do is push it forward

Polls don't mean jack in either way.

Case in point : 2016.

Wait for the results. That's my plan.

I support the wall but now i dont want it if we have to pay for it. Mostly on principle. The big orange idiot said Mexico will pay for it so lets see him pull that off. If he cant, screw it. Dump that money into infrastructure and crack down on businesses that hire illegals.

5B won't even secure the land on the border to build the wall, who are we kidding?

Trump will soon figure out why GWB couldn't build his border wall, and it's not Democrats.

I'm kind of with you there. I wouldn't be nearly as pessimistic if the number was pretty high, but $5 billion is just an expense that will scarcely do what the wall is supposed to do.

So....the tax cuts that disproportionately benefited uber wealthy individuals who spent large sums of money on politicians who would pass the tax cuts isn't that?

OHHHHHHH BOY.

<Huh2>

What does any of that have to do with rich people buying politicians who give them free shit? Interesting that you're holding water for people who think you're an idiot for protecting their right to buy politicians.

Also, please learn how trends work. Kthx.

What free shit? Are we talking about spending bills or just confiscating less of people's own money? Obviously there is more of a dollar benefit for the people who pay the vast majority of the taxes. There is also a difference between tax rates and tax revenue.

I support the wall but now i dont want it if we have to pay for it. Mostly on principle. The big orange idiot sad Mexico will pay for it so lets see him pull that off. If he cant, screw it. Dump that money into infrastructure and crack down on businesses that hire illegals.

Even though i don't really think the idea of the wall is the best solution. Trump fans are forgetting he promised Mexico would pay for the wall. Even if this goes through, how the hell is it a win. I agree with the rest of your post. Infrastructure is a major need in this country.

What is the argument for not having a wall? Considering drugs, weapons and illegals go through. Do you lock your doors? Shame on you...

That said, LOL at anyone believing this clown when he said Mexico would pay for it <Lmaoo>

Do you have a source for this?

*edit - nevermind, you were lying

"The majority of Americans (57%) oppose expanding the construction of walls along the nation's Southern border, a centerpiece of President Donald Trump's proposed immigration-related policies."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235775/americans-oppose-border-walls-favor-dealing-daca.aspx

"Sixty percent of Americans polled said they were against the wall..."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-americans-oppose-trumps-proposed-border-wall

So are we trusting polls now because every time I post this video I get told you can't trust opinion polls...

Edit Im having major issues with this phone...my mistake

Currently they have to campaign to rural and urban areas, That would not be the case with a popular vote

They'd have to campaign in both rural and urban areas under a popular vote as well, since the largest urban areas across the country amount to less than 20% of the population.

Claiming victory before all the cards are on the table, I wouldn't expect less.

Wall is not confirmed yet, more nonsense from you. Wake me up when the bill is actually passed. Two years and still waiting.

I didn't vote for anyone that had a chance of being President for my own reasons, knowing that they werent going to be elected. So your all knowing crap doesn't matter. Try to keep up here.

Yes the Republicans are using this a tactic to help with their poor mid term numbers. I have been over that, it literally is what I have been saying. Do you have a hard time following conversations?

Trump getting elected for a second term? Wow you really like to jump the shark, dont you? It's a possibility right now sure, but a whole lot of things still have to play out. You really do have a hard time with this whole thing.

Yea I'm worried about how far the pendulum will swing after Trump's presidency. As much as you guys like to pretend I'm this super far left extremists, im not. Good job with your assumption.

I'll bet my account Trump wins a second term.

I support the wall but now i dont want it if we have to pay for it. Mostly on principle. The big orange idiot sad Mexico will pay for it so lets see him pull that off. If he cant, screw it. Dump that money into infrastructure and crack down on businesses that hire illegals.
I know the democrats think "cracking down on businesses that hire illegals" is the solution to the problem, but that's an insanely difficult task, which is why it's more evidence that they don't want a solution. They're illegal immigrants, so the ones getting paid under the table are doing it in secret, making it difficult to investigate with little or no paper trail, many use false identities for employment, so that doesn't really fall on the employer either. Even if they were somehow miraculously able to keep people from hiring illegals, that would just leave a ton of illegals here with no income other than crime.

Mexico doesn't have to write a check in order to pay for it. They will lose that money in remittances which will be spent in our own economy instead, which more than covers the cost of the wall. The wall is also a one-time cost, rather than programs with a perpetual cost.

They'd have to campaign in both rural and urban areas under a popular vote as well, since the largest urban areas across the country amount to less than 20% of the population.
I think you have that backwards. 80.7% of the population live in urban areas.

493871.jpg

I think it was stated earlier that if it did, you would have the entire state of California that has 40 million(roughly) people determining the Presidency's. I mean why try winning other states when you can simply win ONE state to be POTUS? (at least that was the Gist of it, anyway)

That's why the Electoral College exists to prevent this sort of thing.

How does this math add up? California has 40 million people, and let's assume very generously that 75% of the them vote Democrat. That would mean 30 million votes for the Democrats. The US population is 325 mln.

30/325 = 9.2%

How can less than 10% of the popular vote decide an election that needs >50% to win?

I'll bet my account Trump wins a second term.

I don't really have the patience to do that especially not knowing who is going to run yet.

No, Just the major cities could swing the election, fly over stated as politicians like to call them wouldn’t matter at all

You are missing the point here. We know Trump has wanted the wall since day one. Congress has been trying to avoid it, and done a fine job at it. Only now, with mid terms not looking like a lock are they concerned about it. This is a strategic move to rally to voter base. Any time in the last two years they could have got it done, but did not want to do it. They are willing to spend billion of tax payer money just to hold on to the power, not because they believe in the wall. Just think about that a bit.

It's you who's missing the point. Obviously they weren't going to do it the first two years, that would have been fucking stupid considering they could use it again to their advantage for the next elections. Don't act like Democrats don't ever use the same strategy, that's just politics as shitty as that sounds. Everything is a strategic move and this one is no different.

I think you have that backwards. 80.7% of the population live in urban areas.

Depends on your definition of urban. But one thing that's pretty easy to figure out, if you defined urban as everyone living in a municipality with more than 100,000 inhabitants {which that 81% number you're using must be), you'd be covering cities in every single state. So again, appeasing only a select number of individual states wouldn't work.. If you focused on the most populous states, you'd reach less than 20% of the popular vote.

Pretty much everything bad that happens in our country originates from Mexico. Human Sex Trafficking, Drugs, Murder, Illegal Immigration, Kidnapping, etc.

Its funny because its true.
One of the times I went to tiajuana a local tried to sell me and my bros a full auto ak47.

According to him they’re legal in the US (uhhh, no) and he’s sold a couple dozen.

Back