$5 billion for Border Wall?

It is a prime example of the swamp in action. You are forgetting more people in the country voted for Hillary than Trump, so I don't really think you can say that more people want the wall than dont.

<Fedor23>

American elections are not carried by the popular vote so that's irrelevant.

Not the ones that commit social security fraud(really easy/accessible, my gf is an immigrant who works in upscale restaurants and it's incredibly common, the amount of black market illegal/not quite legal immigrant-resources is fascinating, I almost married one of her co-workers for 30k - the whole greencard marriage thing is very real and these people KILL it(2-3 jobs, shitty living situations where they share rooms and sometimes even a bed, they hustle cooks for free food, she even brings back food and we don't have to go shopping, they even work out carpooling to save $12 on an uber when she's guaranteed to make $150 in tips in like 4-5 hours and they all work doubles too... I have so much love and respect for immigrants I don't want them here cause the shit they have to put up with and the fact that they contribute to unfair power imbalances(restaurant/farm/construction owners really get to take advantage of these people.... my gf asked her former boss to write her a letter of recommendation for her immigration case and the POS wanted nudes in exchange for doing it).

This is BS. To marry for a green card, you would have to go with her to her country of origin, and file for citizenship at the US embassy in her country of origin.

Was she offering you 30k to quit your job, give up your home, and move out of country for a few months?

American elections are not carried by the popular vote so that's irrelevant.

So what the majority of the country wants and supports is irrelevant. So what Trump voters want is also irrelevant. So let's look at the reason only now are the Republicans on board with the wall, to get votes. They are also willing to sell out just to maintain power. So we can agree that you are ok with politicians selling out the country to get power?

Trump breaks another promise and his cucks go into orgasmic retardation rants praising his lies.

So what the majority of the country wants and supports is irrelevant. So what Trump voters want is also irrelevant. So let's look at the reason only now are the Republicans on board with the wall, to get votes. They are also willing to sell out just to maintain power. So we can agree that you are ok with politicians selling out the country to get power?

Can you or someone explain how the Electoral College works?

'Cause if someone can lose the Popular Vote yet still get elected due to the Electoral College, then why the hell are there Popular votes in the first place?

'Cause if someone can lose the Popular Vote yet still get elected due to the Electoral College, then why the hell are there Popular votes in the first place?

Each state has a certain number of electoral votes. So a candidate can lose a large states but win smaller states and still win. They electoral voters can chose who the vote for but usually pick the parties candidate.

Edit: this is to stop large population states from controlling the country.

It’s just the vote total, means nothing

This is BS. To marry for a green card, you would have to go with her to her country of origin, and file for citizenship at the US embassy in her country of origin.

Was she offering you 30k to quit your job, give up your home, and move out of country for a few months?

That can't be right, my aunt just married a dude from Korea that wasn't a citizen and she didn't have to go anywhere. Maybe greencard marriage is the laymens/lazy term for it and he had a different kind of visa? Regardless it's not bullshit, their are people willing to PAY

Even if they do it, IF, the first round a left Potus get elected will order to remove it saying some "i want a world without borders" shit lol

5b to do it
1-2b to remove it few years after

Only losers complain about the rules after the game is done.

The majority of the country wants the wall. One state with 40 million people in it doesn't. That's why the US doesn't use popular vote. Because then the street shitters in California would get to make all the decisions.

200w.gif

Each state has a certain number of electoral votes. So a candidate can lose a large states but win smaller states and still win. They electoral voters can chose who the vote for but usually pick the parties candidate.

Edit: this is to stop large population states from controlling the country.

Wait, so you understand it and are still bitching?

Only losers complain about the rules after the game is done.

Only if you don't believe that the government is there to follow the will of the people. Because we heard six years of Republicans crying about Obama care. Hell they still are.

Wait, so you understand it and are still bitching?

Wait so you understand more people voted against Trump than for Trump, and are still arguing the majority of the country wants the wall....

The fact that people want a wall at all is really disappointing to me. I don't care about campaign promises, votes, whatever. The wall itself is the issue to me. Is there anyone else against the idea, regardless of who champions it? Or do tons of people on both sides want a wall?

That can't be right, my aunt just married a dude from Korea that wasn't a citizen and she didn't have to go anywhere. Maybe greencard marriage is the laymens/lazy term for it and he had a different kind of visa? Regardless it's not bullshit, their are people willing to PAY

It's because he is from South Korea.

He could come here on a travel visa if he wanted.

If you are from Mexico, you have to go back to Mexico, and file at the embassy.

The majority of the country wants the wall. One state with 40 million people in it doesn't. That's why the US doesn't use popular vote. Because then the street shitters in California would get to make all the decisions.

I bet if you did a poll and didn't let illegals vote a majority of Californians would vote for the wall.

They are driving insurance rates up, they are taking construction jobs, they are committing tons of crimes and soaking up tax dollars.

That's a pretty modest amount. If the wall gets built, hopefully they don't halfass it and build some cheap wall that can be easily climbed or dug under. Building an effective wall with enough surveillance and guards is well worth the investment, considering Mexicans sent home nearly $27 billion last year alone that would have been spent in our economy if it was paid to Americans.

Back