4k tv owners.

Well, this experience hasn't turned out so good.
I'm two months in to owning my 50" Samsung 4K TV and it shit itself. Damn thing won't turn on. So I google this shit and I find this is a common occurrence with Samsung 4K TVs. Apparently the capacitors burn out. Two months, what a piece of garbage.

I am currently in the process of dealing with the-less-than competent warranty center who have managed to cancel my service call... I'm angry but not fuming yet.
Woah, that really sucks, especially for a new tv. I had a Samsung ultrabook and the warranty on it was rock solid. One time a fly landed on my keyboard and i hit the fly, but in the process I broke a few keycaps off. They replaced my keyboard. haha

How is 4k compared to 1080p? I understand the difference in resolution but is it that big of a difference to the human eye? I still don't see the difference between 720p and 1080p.
I don't have a hd-tv but I do have a 4k monitor and there is a big difference ifor my gaming and the text is much more clear and legible.

I probably won't recommend it for tv-viewing since most shows are broadcast at 1080p but you should get it for your personal pc if you do a lot of gaming or youtube viewing

I thought there's no videocards out there that support outputing to a 4k TV yet

A 4K TV is going to be my next big purchase.
I buy a lot of blu-rays and in a years time there will be more and more 4K stuff coming out, so it's a worthwhile investment.

samsung already has a 4K Blu ray

studios have said that they're going to have over 100 titles released by the end of the year in 4K

Aside from Netflix and youtube, amazon prime has. Netflix is continually adding original programming like daredevil, flaked, Marco polo etc. The video quality is sometimes not great with a lot of noise, especially in the dark scenes.

But is any of that content 4k? I bought a curved Samsung 4k about 5 months ago and I don't think I've watched any 4k content on it yet. ;D

But is any of that content 4k? I bought a curved Samsung 4k about 5 months ago and I don't think I've watched any 4k content on it yet. ;D
Money well spent! lol

Do you have any of the streaming video sites? If not, check out some youtube videos.

how many of you have bought a UHD player and how much was it.

I just finished watching Narcos in 4k and it looked amazing. I watched from about 5-6 feet away on my sharp 70. Marco Polo, Daredevil, Bloodline, house of cards, breaking bad, longmire, better call Saul, black list,flaked and a bunch of original series and movies. New programming is coming out every month.

Yeah, that's why I prefer to watch on BluRay over streaming whenever possible. The picture quality is stable, unlike streaming, but streaming is so much more convenient.

Isn't it weird that we're at a point right now that the act of taking a disc off the shelf and popping it into a player is considered a huge inconvenience?

I don't know what that says about us, but I feel like it says SOMETHING and might not be good.

At that price point, I'd rather get oled.

4K blu-rays are out, and they don't have the bit rate of 1080i broadcast material like streaming does.

Bought a 4K 70 inch Vizio last year, unfortunately haven't taken much advantage of the 4K resolution, though I will say it does upscale pretty much everything we watch on it and makes it look fantastic, my games look even better too.

I'm seriously considering upgrading but would prefer to spend less than 2k.

Not sure what to do. Don't want less than 60".

I'm curious how Blue ray looks compared to streaming 4k.
Ok go i got a 4k oled, and oled rocks! Been watching 1080p blurays from my ps3 and they look stunning. Life of pi 3d 1080p looks better than theater 3d.
Watched some 4k streaming on netflix like daredevil, breaking bad, marco polo, and 1080p disc trumps 4k streaming in everyway. Ps3 games look amazing. If given a choice, id pick 1080p oled over 4k something else. Full disclosure - my previous tv was the cheapest 55 lg from costcoabout 4 years ago.

Seriously cinsidering buying a 4k player and discs again, although i swore i wouldnt

Edit: 3D is going the way of the dodo so if you're at all interested in 3D, grab a 2016 set.

Last edited:
Ok go i got a 4k oled, and oled rocks! Been watching 1080p blurays from my ps3 and they look stunning. Life of pi 3d 1080p looks better than theater 3d.
Watched some 4k streaming on netflix like daredevil, breaking bad, marco polo, and 1080p disc trumps 4k streaming in everyway. Ps3 games look amazing. If given a choice, id pick 1080p oled over 4k something else. Full disclosure - my previous tv was the cheapest 55 lg from costcoabout 4 years ago.

Seriously cinsidering buying a 4k player and discs again, although i swore i wouldnt

My biggest problem with the 4k bluray is the lack of true 4k material. A lot of movies are sourced from a 2k digital intermediate and then upscale to 4k which is obviously going to have some advantages but it's not a pure 4k source. Apparently its getting better but still some ways to go.

I'm still holding on to my plasma with bluray for a while before making any moves.

Back