4k tv owners.

JbModest

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have a sharp 70 inch 4k tv. Who else has one and what do you watch? I'm watching a lot of stuff on Netflix. The new pee wee Herman is on and the sequel to crouching tiger hidden dragon. Marco polo is also good. Youtube has a cool 4k Costa Rica vid and Dubai sky diving.

Last edited:
I got a 4K last year and I find it hard to locate much 4K content. Netflix has a little and they charge you extra for the monthly fee. Where else do you go for movies?

I got a Sony 55 4K and the mother board went out in three months. I've had no issues since its been repaired.

Doesn't really seem worth it right now, I'm gonna hold out until there's more content.

I'm happy with my 50" HD at the moment.

I did a lot of research on this a month or so ago and ended up getting 1080

4k only matters if you sit up close to your TV enough where you can actually see the dots or if you have a very large TV where the dots are large enough to see from where you''re sitting at.

If I had the money to quad SLI Titan GTX's I'd game at 4k. Till then I'll just be happy with 1080p.

I got a 4K last year and I find it hard to locate much 4K content. Netflix has a little and they charge you extra for the monthly fee. Where else do you go for movies?

I got a Sony 55 4K and the mother board went out in three months. I've had no issues since its been repaired.
Aside from Netflix and youtube, amazon prime has. Netflix is continually adding original programming like daredevil, flaked, Marco polo etc. The video quality is sometimes not great with a lot of noise, especially in the dark scenes.

I have a sharp 70 inch 4k tv. Who else has one and what do you watch? I'm watching a lot of stuff on Netflix. The new pee wee Herman is on and the sequel to crouching tiger hidden dragon. Marco polo odds also good. Youtube has a cool 4k Costa Rica vid and Dubai sky diving.

Thats no match for my sharper 71" 4.1k tv. Nice try though.

I want to get one this year since prices are dropping nicely. I got a 1080p set at Costco and I'm not really happy with it. I'm considering going all out for a top of the line tv; I really want a nice display, would love to get an OLED.
Thats no match for my sharper 71" 4.1k tv. Nice try though.
Dude, it's all about my Sharpest 72" 5.0 tv.

Last edited:
im years away from being able to stream 4k stuff with my pathetic internet speads

I want to get one this year since prices are dropping nicely. I got a 1080p set at Costco and I'm not really happy with it. I'm considering going all out for a top of the line tv; I really want nic

Dude, it's all about my Sharpest 72" 5.0 tv.

Fuck. One up'd again. I hope your time at the top is as fruitful as mine was.

Went to buy a 4k tv and the salesman at best buy actually talked me out of it. Said there isn't much content kinda like 3d tvs

I have no idea what kind of TVs I have. I buy shows in SD to save a buck when possible.

Aside from Netflix and youtube, amazon prime has. Netflix is continually adding original programming like daredevil, flaked, Marco polo etc. The video quality is sometimes not great with a lot of noise, especially in the dark scenes.

Yeah, that's why I prefer to watch on BluRay over streaming whenever possible. The picture quality is stable, unlike streaming, but streaming is so much more convenient.

How is 4k compared to 1080p? I understand the difference in resolution but is it that big of a difference to the human eye? I still don't see the difference between 720p and 1080p.

The human eye can't see the difference between 1080 and 4k if the TV is under 65" and you're at normal viewing distance. The dots at 1080 are already too small to see for human eyes.

Yeah, that's why I prefer to watch on BluRay over streaming whenever possible. The picture quality is stable, unlike streaming, but streaming is so much more convenient.
I'm curious how Blue ray looks compared to streaming 4k.

I have a sharp 70 inch 4k tv. Who else has one and what do you watch? I'm watching a lot of stuff on Netflix. The new pee wee Herman is on and the sequel to crouching tiger hidden dragon. Marco polo is also good. Youtube has a cool 4k Costa Rica vid and Dubai sky diving.

Watching Dubai sky diving. Pee Wee Herman? Fascinating. Seems like a great reason to invest in a 4k TV at this point.

I kind of get a kick out of listening to 4k owners trying to justifying the purchase. There's next to no content.

I'm curious how Blue ray looks compared to streaming 4k.
Oh, I meant blu ray to 1080p streaming. The disc pic quality is so much better, no loss of signal. May be an issue with my Roku. Hopefully the app on tv is better.

Back