49er Reuben Foster's ex-girlfriend says in court she made up abuse allegations to hurt his career

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster will find out next week if he will stand trial on domestic violence charges, but in a preliminary hearing Thursday his ex-girlfriend said she lied about her accusations.

Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group reported that a judge will rule on May 23 if a trial is needed in Foster’s case.

Foster, a 49ers first-round pick last year, was arrested on Feb. 11 and charged with felony domestic violence. He was accused of dragging his then-girlfriend, Elissa Ennis, and punching her in the head multiple times. Among Ennis’ injuries was a ruptured eardrum.

In a preliminary hearing in Santa Clara County Superior Court, Ennis said she lied about Foster hitting her, and she made it up to harm his career. Inman reported from court that Ennis denied she is receiving money from anyone, including Foster, for recanting her initial accusations.

The judge still hasn’t ruled on whether a trial is needed after citing cited conflicting statements and photos, Inman tweeted.

Foster’s ex-girlfriend says she hit him

Ennis gave some dramatic testimony, in which she claimed that not only did he not hit her, she was the one who hit him.

Inman tweeted that Foster’s ex-girlfriend said “I was threatening Reuben … that I was going to (expletive) up his career.” She also said she called 911 three times because “I wanted to be extra. I wanted him to go down. I was pissed.” According to Inman, Ennis said she struck Foster with a hanger.

It had been expected that Foster’s ex-girlfriend would testify that he did not strike her. In late April Ennis hired a lawyer and recanted her story, even though she had made very specific claims to police about what happened on the day in question. Ennis said in court Thursday that she lied about many details, including one that claimed Foster threw her dog across the room. She said she lied because she knew the breakup was final, Inman reported from court, and “I was pissed and I wanted to end him.”

Accuser admitted a false domestic violence claim in 2011
Inman reported that Ennis admitted that in 2011 she went to jail for another false claim of domestic violence against an ex-boyfriend. Inman said she was charged with two counts of aggravated assault in Baton Rouge, and the case was dismissed in 2013.

“A money scheme”
Ennis also said she when she left Foster and went to Louisiana after making the claims, she left with some of his jewelry and $8,000. Inman reported the cash was recovered but Ennis said the jewelry is in a safe deposit box in Louisiana.

“It was all a money scheme,” Ennis said in court, via Inman. “I didn’t want to get this far in the news. It was about money … I wanted to sue him on my own.”

Ennis’ attorney said she urged her client to plead the Fifth Amendment to avoid self-incrimination, according to the Mercury News, but Ennis said she testified because “I had to do the right thing.”

What will the NFL do?
Even if the case is dropped after Ennis’ testimony on Thursday, the NFL has suspended players before based on claims and not a guilty verdict in domestic violence cases. Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is the most notable example of that. Foster also was charged with possession of an assault weapon, which stemmed from the police coming to investigate the domestic violence incident, and the NFL could punish him for that.

Foster has to wait until next week to find out if he’ll stand trial. After that, he’ll wait to hear from the NFL.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reuben-fosters-ex-girlfriend-says-court-made-allegations-215545379.html

When the NFL set a rule about automatic suspension for being arrested/accused of domestic violence - I knew this BS would happen. I remember arguing with some bozo n the Sports Bar about it. He said that a woman wouldn't make something like that up. Smh.

When the NFL set a rule about automatic suspension for being arrested/accused of domestic violence - I knew this BS would happen. I remember arguing with some bozo n the Sports Bar about it. He said that a woman wouldn't make something like that up. Smh.

Men and women can be both assholes and liars. Incentivize being an asshole or liar for either one and the behavior will increase. Men and women are groups that include some individuals who will lie about anything - absolutely anything.

I know you already get it, but some people really don't.

Sounds like the typical girl dumb athletes marry without a prenup

These dudes are all dumb and give useless hoes their money that they worked so hard for.

Dudes will never learn.

This is why Jeter is the GOAT. smashed everything, married none of them and when he retired he finally married a smoke show younger super model

These dudes are all dumb and give useless hoes their money that they worked so hard for.

Dudes will never learn.

This is why Jeter is the GOAT. smashed everything, married none of them and when he retired he finally married a smoke show younger super model

Jeter got him a gorgeous young classy wife too.

You left out the part how he gave them all gift baskets and herpes.....

I'm a 49ers fan and I don't know what to believe. There is a possibility that he paid her off, which has happened before. Since nothing will happen to her it makes sense that Foster could've told her hed giver her a couple mil just to STFU and say she made it up so it doesn't ruin his career. There is also a possibility she is a vindictive cunt who deserves prison time for trying to ruin a man's life.

If he is guilty he is a piece of shit and I wouldnt want him on my team and he should be in jail or she is guilty and she is a piece of shit and she should be in jail.

I think technically the rule is that they can suspend even without an arrest or conviction, but not that it's automatic. Basically they do an investigation and if they think it's plausible, then they can suspend. Granted, this is how it might play out in practice. Hopefully this will give them pause.

Dudes will never learn.

Jeter set the blueprint for athletes to follow so they won't get caught up and fools are still falling for the okie doke.

This isn't gonna get liked but fuck it. My belief is if someone makes an accusation that ends up being false, that person that made it should have to be punished for essentially ruining the accused person's reputation, career, and life.

This isn't gonna get liked but fuck it. My belief is if someone makes an accusation that ends up being false, that person that made it should have to be punished for essentially ruining the accused person's reputation, career, and life.

I don't think that many people would disagree with your statement.

If someone makes a knowingly false accusation against someone else, isn't that fraud?

Isn't fraud illegal?

It's only fair that she serve the maximum penalty for the crimes she accused him of .

Lies can ruin careers, lives, and relationships.
If you can prove that someone lying ruined your life, they should be punished severely.
If you publicly brand someone as a woman beater or pedophile, or rapist, that shit never goes away, even when it was 100% false.

I had a somewhat similar situation go down about 2 months ago, and i had to pay some crazy bitch so that she wouldn't come to my job spreading lies that would taint my reputation.

Back