"44 years a Republican, 1 year an Independent, today I'm joining the Democratic Party"

Just finishing off I'll leave you with a quote from the defacto founder of the modern day Democrat Party, Lyndon Johnson:

"I'll have those n***ers voting Democrat for 200 years"
No one thinks of LBJ as the defacto founder of the modern Democrat Party, and there is no evidence that he ever said that.

So, itt, reverse virtue signalling (I think that's a term? lulz?). Nobody has disagreed that the Repubs are the party of trade protectionism though...eeeeenteresting.

Hate and paranoia have become an ideological principle in the GOP. The common view is the poor are thieves and stealing taxpayer's money. They point to social programs as having failed to end poverty. Social programs are not designed to end poverty. They are designed to keep you alive while an individual tries to find another pathway in life.

Our social programs are ideally designed to keep you alive while you strive to pull yourself up and out of your poverty. The problem though is there is very little incentive to do so if you can remain indefinitely on federal and local programs and in many places live financially better than if you worked a "normal" job earning a "living wage". Our current social programs do more to ingrain a habit of dependence than one of temporary assistance.

They hate education. Their steadfast crusade to end public education, to deny it money is an attack on our future. I went to public schools, including a public university. I received a good education, from dedicated teachers and professors. That should be preserved and not torn to shreds.

There is no problem per se with public, private or charter schools when the curriculum is provided in an even handed, politically neutral manner by professionals more dedicated to the pure act of education rather than promulgating their own particular ideologies and interpretations of their subjects.

They are trade protectionists and isolationists. This is the final betrayal of Ronald Reagan.

When a country increasingly moves manufacturing outside it's borders, increasingly imports foreign workers at the expense of it citizenry, invests more military and financial effort into foreign concerns than within its own borders, continues to enter into and uphold pacts and agreements that impose an inequitable burden or benefit on the nation compared to other nations then yes, maybe a bit more protectionism and isolationism is in the best interest of the citizenry till appropriate beneficial changes can be implemented.

They blame the victims. In fact, they have a false victimhood that they are actually the victims of the poor. They point to a mother on food stamps with an iPhone in her hand as "evidence" of theft. Did they ever stop to think that maybe a family member in better circumstances gave her that iPhone?

When taxes are increased to pay for social welfare programs for an increasing populous disinclined to use such programs as the stepping stone to true financial independence as intended then yes, that setups up a system of financial victimhood on those footing the bill. That inevitably leads to increasing numbers of consumers compared to produces as the resources of the producers are spread thinner and thinner to support these multiplying and increasing initiatives, and in time and if left unchecked, dragging them down to consumer levels themselves.

With competition, which the GOP claims is a very conservative idea, the prices on smartphones have dropped dramatically along with the cost of service. Why shouldn't a poor person have access to the rest of the world? Their view that I've read a hundred times if I have read it once. The resentment of the poor only continues the poverty and despair of the poor.

If a "poor" person prioritizes a smartphone over food, shelter or financial frugality as part of a competent plan towards being debt free, increasing savings, etc. then they have a bigger problem than merely being unable to access the rest of the world, which by the way, is still possible through a variety of means without requiring access to a smartphone. There is a problem if the statement is "It's unfair that he or she has that and I do not" rather than "What do I personally need to do to achieve that for myself?".

The GOP hates the poor. They are only interested in self. Everything with the GOP today is "I." There is no "we" in their dialogue. In the GOP rant about the poor, they go out of their way to admonish the poor for being poor. They treat them without dignity and try to destroy all hope for the poor.

That, is not the sole domain of the GOP or conservatives in general. Given that much of middle America, you know...the fly over states, can reasonably be considered poor and yes, uneducated, as well conservative or at least independent, comments by Democratic politicians and celebrities regarding them show a similar if not higher level of disregard for their dignity or concerns. a disregard that is echoed in most popular media and by significant numbers of professors and teachers that profess to Democrats, Liberals and Progressives.

The GOP is xenophobic. The day we lose the melting pot is the day we lose America. I wrote about that yesterday which you can read by clicking here.

There is no issue with adding new ingredients to a dish, nor with exploring entirely new dishes altogether to make ones national diet as well rounded as possible. But much like cooking, one thing we should all be able to agree on is utilizing the best ingredients when and were possible. best would be a locally sourced organic farmer's market selection of ideas and products provided by local farmers and suppliers. However, we know that some ingredients are simply unavailable, produced only outside our borders or simply better grown or produced in by sources outside our borders. What our current immigration system is analogous to is cooking with GMO produce with minimal to no oversight on quality control and often sourced from producers with a track record of safety and health violation. Throw in growing methods incompatible with our organic farmer's market ethos and you have the current level of paranoia and outrage regarding certain producers, products and quality of said.

To put in simpler terms. Islam is the tomato of the Middle East. A pervasive ingredient used in a number of dishes around the world. In 99% of cases, not an issue in regards to its theoretical ability to meld with most dishes if used properly by a competent cook. However, radical Islam is the Listeria of Islam. If an outbreak occurs, it's not only reasonable but prudent to be suspect of similar if not all produce from that supplier. In fact, its wise to put that producer to higher levels of scrutiny regarding the quality of its produce. If said producer continues to be the source of Listeria outbreaks one would be foolish to continue importing or buying produce from them till quality control can ensure appropriate safety measures have not only been enacted, but that no more outbreaks have been reported for a specified length of time. One must also be cautious of that producers product contaminating other produce with Listeria thus causing an even greater outbreak of sickness and potential death.

Education is the key to ending poverty. See my comment above about the GOP views on education.

Agreed, but education by itself is not enough. Education coupled with a strong work ethic, a spirit of self-reliance, willpower to push through struggle and real unbiased opportunities to make use of such are the key.

The GOP is overtly racist and unapologetic for it. They can talk about how much they love Israel but that doesn't stop them from being anti-semitic. They love the Jews "over there," but the Jews under their very noses? Not so much. This week, I have been told I am a :eek::eek::eek::eek: which is not a term of endearment and told there is an oven with my name on it. I belong in an oven because I don't agree with conservatives. That sums up today's GOP.

The DNC are overtly racist and elitist and are unapologetic about it as well, as are many of the current Liberal fringe movements.

When men are told to step aside, sit down, be quite...
When women are told to step aside, sit down, be quite...
When Whites are told to step aside, sit down, be quite...
When heterosexuals are told to step aside, sit down, be quite...
When Christians are told to step aside, sit down, be quite...

In the past two years alone, we have had prominent spokespersons for not only the DNC but also for popular Liberal movements tell more citizens to step aside, sit down, and be quite from various religions, ethnic groups, ideologies, financial and education demographics, genders, sexualities, etc... More so than in any previous year I can personally remember

We have seen our social media platforms and popular culture overtaken with this "message". We have seen increasing numbers of our sports and entertainment figures taking on this "message" with little to no sense of irony or self-reflection.

When anyone dares to question or suggests caution with this they are bullied, threatened, financially and socially ruined and all the other varied means society has to show its displeasure with someone that moves against the flow of social and intellectual orthodoxy.

While I believe it is helpful to point out errors in need of correction how about before you take me or mine to task for ours you get your own houses in order to lead by example rather than pontificate and demonize from a false sense of righteousness.

I thought the exact same thing. Illinois could not be in any worse shape and it's all because of the Democrats. Obvious troll job.

Both parties have fucked this state inside out.

I'm laughing more so because it's by far the most politically corrupt state in the union. Democrats have ruined Chicago tho, there is no denying that. The politics here are excercised on an archaic level, I'm shocked they don't still employ thugs armed with brass knuckles and billy clubs to hover over voters at the ballot boxes on Election Day lol

Let's see the Democratic party doubled down on it's stupid shit after a loss to ..............Trump.......

And this guy wants to go for it , welcome to him, don't let the screen door hit you where the goog lord split you.

As for the republicans the best we could do is Trump?

You talk about hate and bigots look at the liberals since Trump started his run and now he won they have lost their mind with hate.

Who leaves the Republican party in Obama's 7th years to go Independent for 1 year, only to then go Democrat ...?

Worse, most of this guy's portrayal of the democratic party only applies to the Sanders wing at this point in time. Yet he says he rejects the Sanders wing.

He's very confused. Surprised the writer is not a female. :)

http://www.chicagonow.com/politics-...endent-today-im-joining-the-democratic-party/

"My Mother's family helped organize the GOP in Illinois. They were opposed to one human being owning another human being as chattel. They found slavery morally repugnant and were zealots in advocating its demise. My family has been GOP blue-blood.

That is how far back my roots run in the GOP. I have no roots in the Democratic Party. However, it is time for me to lay some down.

Why I left the GOP:

Hate and paranoia have become an ideological principle in the GOP. The common view is the poor are thieves and stealing taxpayer's money. They point to social programs as having failed to end poverty. Social programs are not designed to end poverty. They are designed to keep you alive while an individual tries to find another pathway in life.

They hate education. Their steadfast crusade to end public education, to deny it money is an attack on our future. I went to public schools, including a public university. I received a good education, from dedicated teachers and professors. That should be preserved and not torn to shreds.

They are trade protectionists and isolationists. This is the final betrayal of Ronald Reagan.

They blame the victims. In fact, they have a false victimhood that they are actually the victims of the poor. They point to a mother on food stamps with an iPhone in her hand as "evidence" of theft. Did they ever stop to think that maybe a family member in better circumstances gave her that iPhone?

With competition, which the GOP claims is a very conservative idea, the prices on smartphones have dropped dramatically along with the cost of service. Why shouldn't a poor person have access to the rest of the world? Their view that I've read a hundred times if I have read it once. The resentment of the poor only continues the poverty and despair of the poor.

The GOP hates the poor. They are only interested in self. Everything with the GOP today is "I." There is no "we" in their dialogue. In the GOP rant about the poor, they go out of their way to admonish the poor for being poor. They treat them without dignity and try to destroy all hope for the poor.

The GOP is xenophobic. The day we lose the melting pot is the day we lose America. I wrote about that yesterday which you can read by clicking here.

Education is the key to ending poverty. See my comment above about the GOP views on education.

The GOP is overtly racist and unapologetic for it. They can talk about how much they love Israel but that doesn't stop them from being anti-semitic. They love the Jews "over there," but the Jews under their very noses? Not so much. This week, I have been told I am a :eek::eek::eek::eek: which is not a term of endearment and told there is an oven with my name on it. I belong in an oven because I don't agree with conservatives. That sums up today's GOP.

Why I'm joining the Democratic Party:

I am opposed to racism. I abhor racism, bigotry, and antisemitism. It is not "just an opinion" by "average citizens." It is a vile practice that is to be stood against whenever, and wherever it happens. The GOP is giving safe haven to the racists who flocked to the party after President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Based on a principle of human dignity, the Democratic Party said goodbye to the racists and they ran into the outstretched arms of the GOP.

The Democratic Party may not agree, but they listen. The far left is rigid and dogmatic but the average Democrat may not agree with you but they will listen to what you have to say. I am pro business, and so is the Democratic Party. It is now the home of Free Trade. The GOP is now the home of trade protectionism.

The Democratic Party supports collective bargaining. I can't say I am in love with Unions, I am not in love with them. However, I am in love with the Constitution of the USA and collective bargaining is a right under the First Amendment of the Constitution. I support that right for the same reason I support the right to own a firearm under the Second Amendment of the Constitution. If we find a way of end running any Amendment then we have just made the Constitution a meaningless document.

The Democratic Party believes everyone is entitled to dignity. The GOP is wrong on Healthcare along with nearly all social issues. Their proposals strip the poor, the elderly, and minorities of basic human dignity.

This was not an easy step. In the 80s, I was an advocate of trickle- down economics as the solution to our economic ills. It is hard to admitI was wrong. The theory sounds nice, but as evidence has shown, it is a myth. Educated Republicans understand income distribution is out of whack and are seeking ways of correcting the ill. They are running up against the rank ignorance brought into the party and exploited by the party."

Feel free to hate away and prove this guy's point.

This guy is delusional. We don't need pussies like him in our party.

How is that any different than when Obama won and the Tea Party was formed?

I don't see how it's very similar, on hand defectors are staying in the party on the other they're leaving the GOP all together, becoming independent or dem. You'll have to tell me how they're similar.

I don't see how it's very similar, on hand defectors are staying in the party on the other they're leaving the GOP all together, becoming independent or dem. You'll have to tell me how they're similar.
Speaking of the Tea Party:
An article written by two of the Pope’s closest associates claimed that Christian leaders supportive of President Donald Trump are radical fundamentalists with dangerous beliefs.

“The panorama of threats to their understanding of the American way of life have included modernist spirits, the black civil rights movement, the hippy movement, communism, feminist movements and so on. And now in our day there are the migrants and the Muslims,” the article read.

Spadora and Figueroa characterized Catholic and evangelical conservative leaders as war hawks who use the Bible merely to support a message of conquest in the name of American superiority.

“In this Manichean vision, belligerence can acquire a theological justification and there are pastors who seek a biblical foundation for it, using the scriptural texts out of context,” the article read.

s-224342aee3540a0e4261cbe49b7a4088b1ee9137.gif
Bye? You're not even American. You can't even be part of an American political party. LMAO GTFO

Why I left the GOP:

When it comes to government programs, the intent is often different from the outcome.

It's a simple Axiom of economics:

If you subsidize a certain behavior, you will get more of that behavior.

One thing that locks people in a perpetual cycle of poverty is the fact that if you give someone "free" (to them) money, you lock them into whatever behavior they're already doing. For an extreme example, if you give a drug addict or an alcoholic "free" money, you have locked them in to their addictive cycle because they have no reason to change their behavior. The same can be said for any self-destructive behavior from addiction all the way down to simple laziness.

A programs design is largely irrelevant if the end use is as a primary income.

This is a failure in the thinking of people who make this kind of argument.

If I say:

"I don't want the government controlling and making mandates for service "X". I would like to obtain service "X" in a way that best suits my individual needs."

That doesn't mean I don't want service "X" provided for at all. Whether this mistake in their thinking is accidental or intentional depends on the individual.

Ronald Reagan was a wonderful President. However, he's not God, and he's not infallible.

In regards to protectionism, one of the cornerstones of negotiation is that both sides must feel as though they've gained something in order for a deal to be successful in the long run. If one side feels as though they're getting the short end of the deal, it will lead to long-term resentment. For an example, look at NAFTA.

In regards to isolationism, if possible, I would love for there to be less war, who wouldn't?

If someone doesn't want to be accused of gaming the system, then don't indulge in luxuries while claiming to be living in poverty.

This is just empty words hoping to exploit your sympathies, so you accept a narrative without that bothersome presentation of actual facts.

Empty slogans are not arguments.

We are not, nor will we ever be at risk of losing the melting pot aspect of America.

This sums up the authors personal experience with one individual.

Where the author exposes a personal bigotry, is where the author then extrapolates that experience onto an entire group of people.

Why I'm joining the Democratic Party:

I am opposed to racism. I abhor racism, bigotry, and antisemitism. It is not "just an opinion" by "average citizens." It is a vile practice that is to be stood against whenever, and wherever it happens. The GOP is giving safe haven to the racists who flocked to the party after President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act. Based on a principle of human dignity, the Democratic Party said goodbye to the racists and they ran into the outstretched arms of the GOP.
You mean like Robert Byrd?

It makes one wonder if the Democratic party's current obsession with race isn't some form of overcompensation for the extremely racist past of the Democratic Party. The Ku Klux Klan only came into being as an outgrowth of the Democratic Party.

The Democratic Party may not agree, but they listen. The far left is rigid and dogmatic but the average Democrat may not agree with you but they will listen to what you have to say. I am pro business, and so is the Democratic Party. It is now the home of Free Trade. The GOP is now the home of trade protectionism.
See above for my reply to protectionism.

I'm curious if anyone on this forum can defend the assertion that the Democratic Party is pro-business?

The Democratic Party supports collective bargaining. I can't say I am in love with Unions, I am not in love with them. However, I am in love with the Constitution of the USA and collective bargaining is a right under the First Amendment of the Constitution. I support that right for the same reason I support the right to own a firearm under the Second Amendment of the Constitution. If we find a way of end running any Amendment then we have just made the Constitution a meaningless document.
Nothing wrong with people forming a union, that's people expressing their freedom of association.

The only problem with unions is when they begin to infringe upon the rights of the property owner.

The freedom of association also entails with it the right to disassociate. Unions infringe upon the property owners rights to disassociate and express his or her full property rights.

The Democratic Party believes everyone is entitled to dignity. The GOP is wrong on Healthcare along with nearly all social issues. Their proposals strip the poor, the elderly, and minorities of basic human dignity.

This was not an easy step. In the 80s, I was an advocate of trickle- down economics as the solution to our economic ills. It is hard to admitI was wrong. The theory sounds nice, but as evidence has shown, it is a myth. Educated Republicans understand income distribution is out of whack and are seeking ways of correcting the ill. They are running up against the rank ignorance brought into the party and exploited by the party."
This is more meaningless fluff language. Nothing here even to respond to.

Countering these assertions was no great brain-feat, I did all of this using the talk to text option on my phone while detasselinge my corn.

That right! Farmer Br0wn is comming to you LIVE from his field of corn!

Last edited:

A sect of a political party based on economic ideals that came about because they didn't feel the incumbent party, which lost everything, fully represented them resulting in taking the party in a new direction. In both cases, the incumbent had to decide whether to bring these people in the fold or to ignore their political platform. The difference was the Democratic one happened before the election, the Republican one after.

Either way, both political parties seem on the brink of fracturing.

Ugh theses are always the worst. If he doesn't hate poors and minorities why on earth has he been a Republican for the last few decades?

The whole thing reads like some liberals creative writing project.

Ugh theses are always the worst. If he doesn't hate poors and minorities why on earth has he been a Republican for the last few decades?

The whole thing reads like some liberals creative writing project.
Well Republicans aren't all the same. Some are mostly fiscal conservatives, some are mostly social conservatives.

I'm increasingly both. But independent.

wait...Trump won, TS expresses butthurt....resulting to Trump supporter jimmies rustled?
7Pz8tt.gif
Trump supporters expressing butthurt at OP.

I am only commenting on what Warroom posters feel, not what people on CNN, bloggers, pundits, politicians, politically active civilians etc.. feel.

The Right has too many Russian Sympthizers in their ranks. Their Russian 1st mentality is traitorous. Party is now a bunch of Benedict Arnolds.
It's weird how things have flipped. For most of the past century, the Dems and liberals were accused of being sympathetic to Russia/Soviet Union and the rightwing was the more anti-Russian/anti Soviet.

Now the Dems and establishment GOP are vehemently opposed to the Russians and the grass-roots rightwing and Alt-right are willing to give Russia a pass. For many years now the Alt-Right has been warming to Russia, seeing Putin as more sympathetic to European Christian nationalism and opposed to diversity . Russia supports some rightwing nationalist parties in Europe.

Back