420 SLEEP RELEASE

ctrlaltdelete

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
sleep.jpg

sleep-the-sciences-1524167366-compressed.jpg

The Sciences is the first Sleep album since 2003's Dopesmoker and is very much worth the wait, if not heavier than expected. The album also contains "Sonic Titan" as a studio track, which has been in the band's live rotation for quite some time and is even featured as a bonus on the Dopesmoker reissue.
https://www.npr.org/sections/allson...-new-album-the-sciences-on-the-stoner-holiday

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/sleep-release-surprise-album-the-sciences-stream/

The Sciences, featuring songs like “The Botanist” and “Marijuanaut’s Theme”, is out through Jack White’s own Third Man Records. In support, Sleep will soon head out on a lengthy tour across North America and Europe; see the whole itinerary here.

https://thirdmanstore.com/the-sciences-limited-edition-first-pressing-green-vinyl

I am fucking pissed. Sleep should have stuck with Southern Lord records for the release of the new album. I was all set to order the limited edition first pressing green vinyl and every time I went to go order it it would kick me back and say my cart was empty. Not to mention a lot of other folks tried to order it as well and failed to do so. I hope they do another release because I own Volume 1, Sleep's Holy Mountain, Dopesmoker, and the Clarity single all on vinyl.

Outside of that little issue the album sounds great and I was caught off guard as was every other Sleep fan when out of nowhere the band dropped the album. It first showed up for everyone in Australia then here in the US at 12 midnight. I'm enjoying some of that herb right now while listening to the album and I have to say they both go hand in hand.

Sweeeet. Thanks for the share dude. Matt Pike is a greasy badass mothafucker!!!

I'm pretty high right now and have the album on repeat and as great as all the songs are still the best song is the studio version of Sonic Titan the band originally wrote back in the early 90's. Still it is one hell of a record and the best record so far of 2018

I think I might try to hit one of their tour dates

Sleep 2018 Tour Dates:
05/15 – Paris, FR @ Le Trabendo (Parc de la Villette)
05/16 – Bonn Düdingen, CH @ Café Bad
05/18 – Munchen, DE @ Technikum (im Werksviertel Mitte)
05/19 – Hamburg, DE @ Markthalle
05/21 – Stockholm, SE @ Debaser Strand
05/22 – Oslo, NO @ Rockefeller
05/23 – Copenhagen, DK @ Pumpehuset – Stor sal
05/25 – Berlin, DE @ SO 36
05/26 – Utrecht, NL @ TivoliVredenburg
05/27 – Brussels, BE @ Ballroom
05/28 – London, UK @ O2 Empire Shepherds Bush
06/05 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
06/06 – Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
06/07 – San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield
06/08 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
06/09 – Phoenix, AZ @ The Van Buren
06/10 – Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
06/11 – Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre
07/22 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
07/25 – Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
07/26 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Steel
07/27 – Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Steel
07/28 – Boston, MA @ Royale
07/30 – Toronto, Canada @ The Danforth Music Hall
08/01 – Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
08/30-09/02 – Cookeville, TN @ Muddy Roots Festival

You guys ever catch them live? I saw them in philly at the unibroue beer fest and they were good - even though the levels were way off at the venue

Back