4 years is what Jon deserves. 3 years would be a fair compromise, 2 years a slap on wrist.

This is under USADA rules. How a 2nd time offender for Tbol can get less than 2 years while guys like Mir got 2 years years, machida gets 18 months for dhea, Mendes gets 2 years for an hgh cream on a first offense, Tom lawlor the list goes on and I don't need to get into it. But if Jones fights in November, USADA is a corrupt joke. Loses all legitimacy in my eyes. Just abolish USADA already and let them juice.

No selective enforcement bullshit.

Yes, 4 years or USADA loses all credibility. In that case, this entity needs to stop fucking up cards and fights and go back to the way it was before until they get legit drug enforcement in place that is strict enough to catch these guys and fair enough to punish.

You know how when you're under house arrest they put an ankle bracelet on you? They need to invent a tiny chip that can be implanted somewhere in your body and it takes all kinds of biometric readings. And it can also detect if it's removed, so you don't have Jon Jones trying to surgically remove it.

That way you don't have to chase him down to do blood tests. You'd have a constant readout of his T levels and of every substance in his blood.

Then everyone who gets caught juicing has a choice. They can serve a 3 year suspension or they can have the chip implanted and resume their career. That way it's not being forced on anyone. They're making the choice, and if they don't like it then they shouldn't have juiced in the first place.

imagine calling yourself a fight fan but you want the greatest fighter to ever live to be suspended for 4 years.

Something is obviously coming out soon.. Lets just wait and see..

Is this the longest investigation USADA has ever done on a UFC fighter prior to rendering sentence??

The amount of time this is taking is what makes me fear a biased, lenient punishment.

Is this the longest investigation USADA has ever done on a UFC fighter prior to rendering sentence??

The amount of time this is taking is what makes me fear a biased, lenient punishment.

Odds are still long he is getting off easy IMO. If he is let off, hear them out and see what is said. But odds are likely still long..

18 months is fair enough.

No dude. Jon Jones can't prove that he got the TBol +ve test from contamination (which he can't -- because already had his CSAC hearing and flopped).

The standard has already been set. Chad Mendes got 2 years for his 1st violation, and Frank Mir got 2 years for Turinabol. USADA literally cannot give him less than 2 years based on precedent, so 2 years is the baseline. They could also opt for 18 months * 2, which would be 3 years.

So the options are basically 2 years (no doubled penalty), 18 months * 2, or 4 years.

It took them 12 months in Frank Mir's case, which was for Turinabol. I'm suspecting that because Turinabol is illegal, there might be a criminal investigation to find the production and distribution ring. Jon Jones might rat and get a light sentence, but I Hope not.

Cheaters never prosper. Jon Jones is a cowardly repeat-offending PED cheat who won't be back anytime soon. Even if he does, it's cemented in the records and history books that he is a fraud. He actually deserves a lifetime ban.
Sadly, Jones and Lesnerd show us cheaters do infact prosper under WME. You think Ari, aka Harvey Weinstein 2.0, hives a shit about what the fighters put in their body? You think Dana, who is a roid head himself, really cares about steroids?

Here's what happened: Lorenzo was getting ready for 'The Con Of The Century', was trying to convince others that the UFC was not only growing into a sport larger than soccer, but was also stream lined and very professional. The end result was hiring USADA, handing out strict bans at first, and then handing over a sinking ship, patched up with duct tape, to WME. WME thought they were hot smart shit, probably went to a few Conor shows and thought "this is what UFC is", and like all rich egotistical people, they could not admit that they did not know what they did not know.

Jon bought backpacks and a few notebooks for poor children attending school. He should be immediately cleared of charges for this beautiful act.

Sadly, Jones and Lesnerd show us cheaters do infact prosper under WME. You think Ari, aka Harvey Weinstein 2.0, hives a shit about what the fighters put in their body? You think Dana, who is a roid head himself, really cares about steroids?

Here's what happened: Lorenzo was getting ready for 'The Con Of The Century', was trying to convince others that the UFC was not only growing into a sport larger than soccer, but was also stream lined and very professional. The end result was hiring USADA, handing out strict bans at first, and then handing over a sinking ship, patched up with duct tape, to WME. WME thought they were hot smart shit, probably went to a few Conor shows and thought "this is what UFC is", and like all rich egotistical people, they could not admit that they did not know what they did not know.

WME-IMG also got some bad luck. At the time they were working on the purchase, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, and Conor McGregor could all sell PPVs. They had a reasonable expectation at that at least some of those stars would continue to fight & sell PPVs, and that new UFC stars would rise up to replace them.

This didn't really happen -- Ronda completed her collapse, Jones ruined his own career, and Conor went on to bigger & better things in Boxing (backed by the threat of the Ali act). The Mayweather fight did make money for the UFC in the short term, but Conor's absence from MMA hurt the UFC long-term.

This is under USADA rules. How a 2nd time offender for Tbol can get less than 2 years while guys like Mir got 2 years years, machida gets 18 months for dhea, Mendes gets 2 years for an hgh cream on a first offense, Tom lawlor the list goes on and I don't need to get into it. But if Jones fights in November, USADA is a corrupt joke. Loses all legitimacy in my eyes. Just abolish USADA already and let them juice.

No selective enforcement bullshit.

this is the way I look at it.

If the evidence presented to USADA is the same as he presented to CSAC in February then he basically has no mitigating factors so there are zero grounds for any reduction in penalty.

+ The base penalty is 2 years, as we saw with Frank Mir for the same substance, and theres no reason to think Jones situation will be any different.

+ That is doubled for a second penalty and so far Anderson Silva, George Sullivan, and Ricardo Abreu all had their penalties for their second offence doubled, so there no reason to think Jones situation will be any different.

The only possible beacon of light I could see for Jones that because his first offence was deemed non-intentional, then its possible that USADA wouldnt count it as a strike and double his punishment. That however went out the window with the Anderson Silva decision. His second offence was deemed non-intentional, but they STILL doubled his penalty.

Honestly they should break his fingers off so he can't eyepoke ever again.

He should be reinstated immediately and USADA should have to apologize for wasting a stretch of his prime and also have to compensate him for lost earnings during that stretch.

so you reward thecheater?

@ts why?

Why not only fine the hell out of them? Mandatory steep fines that come from existing savings and/or fight purses directly to USDA? At least then we see fights and theyre repremanded...

if I know I only get a big fine there ever more reason to take peds.

WME-IMG also got some bad luck. At the time they were working on the purchase, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey, and Conor McGregor could all sell PPVs. They had a reasonable expectation at that at least some of those stars would continue to fight & sell PPVs, and that new UFC stars would rise up to replace them.

This didn't really happen -- Ronda completed her collapse, Jones ruined his own career, and Conor went on to bigger & better things in Boxing (backed by the threat of the Ali act). The Mayweather fight did make money for the UFC in the short term, but Conor's absence from MMA hurt the UFC long-term.
This is all very true, but what I propose is that Lorenzo and Zuffa knew about these issues. Their last major move was benching Conor for UFC 200, and that was TOTALLY out of character treatment for Uncle Frank's favorite nephew. They were trying to cover up their shit, like a cat covering its shit in a litter box, or like a house seller throwingna new coat of paint on a house that is rotting and has a crooked foundation.

Is normal tho. When people sell shit, they never disclose all the bad stuff. As someone that works in horse sales, I know first hand, as that is the place where you will dope up crazy and lame horses just to get them off the log.

Back