4 seasons in of Sopranos and I can't decide if I like it

So far that's the best part of the entire series.
As was often the case, Chase used violence as almost an afterthought to illustrate a story point. Tony's crew had grown civilized and he needed to regenerate its ruthlessness. Once he saw Furio smack a kid around in Italy Tony decided to use him to do so ...and Furio nearly killed Tony to take Carm. Lots of circular plotlines were a part of what made the show great.

<DCWhoa> sherbros shittin' on the Sopranos... <36> …...neckbeards on here have that down as a bigger offence than grabbin' their mother by the pussy..... <TheDonald>

mya960U.gif

Just finished the series. I enjoyed the later seasons much more than the early ones. Maybe it's because I was more familiar with the characters. I just wish AJ had died in the suicide attempt. Jesus he was unbearable.

One of my top 5 favorite shows ever. I wanted to smack AJ though.....

sopranos, breaking bad, GOT and the shield are some of the best shows ever.. If you dont like it four seasons in you have horrible taste.

One of the most overrated shows in history of television. It's horribly dated now and no one cares about fat guidos in track suits eating canolies.

Just finished the series. I enjoyed the later seasons much more than the early ones. Maybe it's because I was more familiar with the characters. I just wish AJ had died in the suicide attempt. Jesus he was unbearable.
I never thought it would be possible for me to actually hate a tv character until I started watching Sopranos. I literally hated that kid, every single episode!

The way they combined drama and comedy was amazing. Like in the following scene. Just the word “roadies” still makes me lmao.

Another favourite scene.

“He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator”

“His house looked like shit”

Last edited:
I never thought it would be possible for me to actually hate a tv character until I started watching Sopranos. I literally hated that kid, every single episode!
Meadow on the other hand, delicious.

I like the characters, but the story telling is very strange. Story lines tend to pop up like 3/4 through a season and are either immediately resolved in 1 episode or just completely dropped. Then some weird storyline from 2 seasons ago is referenced at the end of a phone call. The show is very watchable and entertaining, but is it actually good?
I felt the same way at first. but worth it. despite all of its flaws. One of my favorite shows of all time Gandolfini and Edie Falco are incredible actors.

I do feel like overall it was poorly written but i just fell so in love with the characters and the actors that portrayed them. The first season is the best to me, 2 and 3 were ok but from 4 through was a drag that id dread to rewatch. The last few episodes and the end were pretty great though. I also felt like the writers were trolling their fans that hyperanalyzed the show like it was some type of high brow art at times(symbolism and subtext

Back