#4 Ranked UFC Bantamweight, Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera LIVE SHERDOG Q&A, SATURDAY at 7:00 PM EST!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

Had some issues with this first one here but we've now rescheduled for a LIVE Q&A on Saturday at 7:00 PM EST. I'll be making the new official thread after Marlon Moraes' Q&A finishes up tomorrow. Just want to remind you guys of your questions in case you want to ask the same ones on Saturday. See you then!

~~~

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Bantamweight, Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera! He will answer your questions via video on Saturday. So ask away & keep it respectful & clean otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Jimmie Rivera is the #4 ranked contender in the UFC Bantamweight division. He will next face Bryan Caraway at UFC Fight Night 103 on January 15.

495680032.jpg

Jimmie holds a 20-1 MMA record with notable wins over the likes of Urijah Faber, Iuri Alcantara, Pedro Munhoz, Marcus Brimage & Carson Beebe. Jimmie lost his second fight(split decision) & hasn't lost since.

Rivera-wins.png

Follow him here:

Twitter: @JimmieRivera135
Facebook: Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera
Instagram: Jimmie Rivera

Last edited by a moderator:
If everything goes as you and your team expected against Carraway, will you be wanting the title shot next?

Sup Jimmie!

You won a hard fought battle against one of the greats in Faber, how do you think you match up against the elite of the division such as Cruz?

Don't really have a question, but just wanted to say how cool it is that I watched you on a KOTC stream 6 years ago beating Abel Cullum in an upset and now you're so close to winning the UFC title. Very much looking forward to you smashing Carraway.

Now that Cody Garbrandt is the BW champion how do you feel you match up with him?

Hows it going.
Which year do you see yourself holding the bantamweight title?

• How many wins away from a title shot do you feel you are?
  • Did you think that Faber's strike to your eye was intentional?
  • Who would you consider your toughest match up in the top 5?

When you signed the caraway fight was one of your stipulations to include tate as part of the deal?

Man how much brain damage do you and Shane Burgos give each other?

He's a huge featherweight. How does he make that cut?

Do you cut much?

Hi Jimmie. What is your opinion on interim titles?

Also. Who do you think deserved sherdog poster of the year? (Try and steer him towards wilKO

Dear Jimmie first of all you are an exciting fighter to watch.
Your future opponent Brian Caraway is a tough matchup from the grappling perspective, what are your thoughts on him using his grappling to silence your standup power, as he is known to fight clever and safe

Jimmie, first of all, thanks for answering our questions. You're the man!

I have two questions, if you don't mind: a) which fighters were/are your main inspiration? and b) how do you feel about this new sport trend of promoting fights via trash talking, a.k.a. the Conor McGregor era?

Appreciate it, mate! Keep up the good work, you're the future of this division.

Dear Jimmie,

What's with 70 % decision wins, bro?

Hey, if you beat Caraway (hope you do) what's next for you since TJ is gonna fight for the title again (if he wins this friday)?

Who would you want to fight, Garbrandt or Lineker? Hope you take the Garbrandt fight and put him into a 2 losing streak

If you ever fight for the title (you should after beating Caraway and Lineker/Garbranft) and Cruz is still the champion, how do you think you can face that 4 inch reach and height advantage?

Also, who you got for this friday, Rousey or Nunes?

My question:

Are you trying to finish fights every time you step into the octagon, or you are perfectly satisfied with just winning?
I'm asking because 14 of your 20 wins come by the way of a decision.
You have a great record but I just worry that winning decisions won't get you the recognition you deserve.

After competing in the same TUF competition as Bryan Caraway, is there any kind of relationship at all?

Also you were in the featherweight bracket of TUF, do you ever see yourself competing at that weight again or is bantamweight your sole concern?

Hey Jimmie watched you fight locally in Atlantic City multiple times at Ring Of Combat it was clear then that you had the talent to succeed in the UFC. My question is since you've come to the UFC, you're style has become more "exciting/fan friendly". Was that a conscious effort by you and your team or was it simply just your skills evolving that allowed you to put on more exciting fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back