4 GOP senators say they oppose health care bill "I think it looks a lot like ObamaCare."

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
The Associated Press is reporting that GOP Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky and three other Republican Senators, Ted Cruz of Texas, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, and Mike Lee of Utah, plan to oppose the newest health care bill as it has been written, placing the viability of the bill in jeopardy.

“The current bill does not repeal Obamacare. It does not keep our promises to the American people. I will oppose it coming to the floor in its current form, but I remain open to negotiations,” Paul said in a press release.

In a joint statement, the Senators said:

“Currently, for a variety of reasons, we are not ready to vote for this bill, but we are open to negotiation and obtaining more information before it is brought to the floor. There are provisions in this draft that represent an improvement to our current health care system, but it does not appear this draft as written will accomplish the most important promise that we made to Americans: to repeal Obamacare and lower their health care costs.”

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...l-as-written-putting-passage-in-jeopardy.html

Replacing one shitty government controlled healthcare bill with another.

Being from Texas I can guarantee Ted Cruz votes yes because he has zero backbone.

Bullshit. Theres no mandate or penalty.

I like you Trumptard's who want to pretend there is some sort of substantive difference between a penalty for not obtaining coverage and a penalty for allowing coverage to lapse.

"Hey, it's not really castration if they take the left ball first. Only if they start with the right one."

150917133655-trump-cnn-debate-facial-expression-large-169.jpg

Bullshit. Theres no mandate or penalty.
Right. And it cuts taxes on the wealthy by killing the investment tax credit and makes it really impossible for poor people to get coverage. It's no ACA at all.

Right. And it cuts taxes on the wealthy by killing the investment tax credit and makes it really impossible for poor people to get coverage. It's no ACA at all.

Wealth redistribution NEVER works because eventually you run out of other people's money

This damn thing is so secretive you would think the cia is behind it.
It's just healthcare folks, not a conspiracy!

It only works if its redistributed up right?

Its work when people are responsible for themselves. Not expecting big mama government to do it for them because people make too much money

American "health care" is such a massive joke. And idiots like the ts want to make it worse lol

Susan Collins was just on tv and sure sounding like she wasn't going to support the bill without serious changes. I don't really believe any of them until I see a nay on the floor.

Of course Rand would say no, his idea of how healthcare should be run is ludicrous. It would be nice to see at least one Republican say that they are against the removal of the extra tax on people making over 250k. Obviously it will stay in the bill but it's pathetic that it's some conformed agreement when the goal is supposed to be making revenue to put towards the debt and not losing it.

The problem Rand Paul has is the word "healthcare". He is an Ayn Rand schooled objectivist, or as they are known coloquially, selfish cunts.

This country is done. Our leaders are completely incapable of making and passing an important piece of legislation. Our culture is corrupt and will get worse. God will soon bring down the hammer.

Back