3rd day of anxiety attacks

Started to take lexapro again, i feel so fucking anxious trying to keep my head up and day 3 woke up at midnight again cant sleep properly. Chest pain is unbearable and i just got a good paying, relaxed job it makes me wanna quit over little things. The situation is so bad guys. I just cant remove the negativity from my mind. And i had an attack today, god damn it hurts.
I wouldn't wish anxiety attacks on my worst enemy. I no longer get anxiety attacks as I took biofeedback sessions in the 2000s to counteract them, but the stress and depression still comes and goes even though I have a house, a loving wife, and dogs. I take the generic for Lexapro since it's cheaper (Selexa) and it does okay. I tried switching to Prozac since I have strong eating disorders, but my anxiety got worse so I went back to Selexa. I hope the best for you -- deep breathing and letting your arms hang loose in those stressful moments can go a long way.

Started to take lexapro again, i feel so fucking anxious trying to keep my head up and day 3 woke up at midnight again cant sleep properly. Chest pain is unbearable and i just got a good paying, relaxed job it makes me wanna quit over little things. The situation is so bad guys. I just cant remove the negativity from my mind. And i had an attack today, god damn it hurts.
take a boxing class

Take TaeKwondo and pretend you are Anthony Pettis, so you can feel better

I feel for you, I've only experienced anxiety attacks once in my lifetime.

It doesn't sound like much but I had vehicle problems, took around $4k to fix. I had to borrow the money from my parents. I would drive around nervous/scared because what ever would I do if the vehicle still had problems.

Over time I was able to slowly pay off my debts, but yea anxiety is a terrible feeling

I have been dealing with attacks for the past 35yrs. I started avoided places with High ceilings...church, malls,etc
This was in my teens and 20s. 1 other trigger was sudden temperature changes.

Just last Wednesday, I had one while speaking to my regional manager. I made through fine, but the first couple seconds I was crawling out of my skin.

I just ask myself
Will you die, Have you ever passed out?

Nothing bad ever happened

ed073460514b33223070409f0304907138d77b43076480358b419945b8ffb1e4_1.jpg

When it pops off now, I can get it under control within 20 secs.
I think of my son calling me a bitch

nothing bad has ever happened. They say it's walking around with an umbrella daily in case of rain

Just a little advice from someone who's suffered with PTSD and panic attacks for most of my adult life. Spent years on Lexapro, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Xanax, etc etc. All these beta blockers and narcotics do is mask the issue while adding equally bad side effects to the mix.

Behavior Therapy, joining a PTSD group, carnivore diet, no drugs/alcohol/caffeine, plenty of sex, and focusing the mind like reading books or the Church all helped me more than any doctor. The drugs will just make you fat, unhealthy, depressed, and suicidal.

Good luck dude and feel free to ask any questions if you're so inclined.
<PlusJuan>

This is THE BEST ADVICE you will get TS. Start with the elimination diet - something as simple as blood sugar spikes from a shitty diet with excessive carbs and sugar could be a big contributor to the problem. Definitely get rid of the drugs, alcohol and caffeine.

Panic attacks might be scary but they're not dangerous. People with panic disorder develop panic disorder because they freak themselves out and think that the physical signs of anxiety are signs of an impending devastating medical event. Nothing happens if you get an anxiety attack, it's just fear. It's like fear of fear, it's meaningless.

Is it related to the new job I vaguely remember? Are you freaking yourself out with performance anxiety, too high standards, or something? Without more detail it's not possible to give truly relevant advice.
Mostly true. I have seen someone pass out from hyperventilating during an attack.

Same then it's bad weed then you need to eat the delta 8 it's a lot better product no anxiety
I was smoking amazing weed before most motherfuckers on here we’re even potty trained.
I have tried every type of weed there is. It all makes me super paranoid.
For many years, I smoked a lot, every single day. But it started making me too paranoid all the time, probably because I was hanging out with dumbass scumbags I knew in high school who attracted trouble everywhere we went. So a lot of bad shit happened while I was high. So now I associate the feeling with getting guns pulled on me, knives, people breaking into my apartment, etc.

I was smoking amazing weed before most motherfuckers on here we’re even potty trained.
For many years, I smoked a lot, every single day. But it started making me too paranoid all the time, probably because I was hanging out with dumbass scumbags I knew in high school who attracted trouble everywhere we went. So a lot of bad shit happened while I was high. So now I associate the feeling with getting guns pulled on me, knives, people breaking into my apartment, etc.
Have you had delta 8

Weed makes me depressed 😔 LOL

My brother deals with this shit and when he talks about it I have zero clue what he is talking about. Like he has a 6th sense designed simply to recieve shitty vibes 24 7

My brother deals with this shit and when he talks about it I have zero clue what he is talking about. Like he has a 6th sense designed simply to recieve shitty vibes 24 7
It’s like a feedback loop. Or at least it was for me. My problem was purely physical - an issue with my heart. So it would beat super fast out of nowhere.
That makes you anxious. But also anxiety is a trigger for that condition. Soon, you’re just absolutely going insane after a few days of it. It sucks.

I feel for you OP. Been having some myself recently. Enough so that my Primary put me on Wellbutrin. Got a lot of things going on, and for the first time in my life, I had to admit to myself I couldn’t handle it all by myself.

Good luck.

Back