3D printed Gun restrictions lifted per DOJ ruling.

Are you creating an equivalency between a Schedule 1 narcotic and a Constitutionally-protected freedom? That seems like an odd argument to make...

The freedom is to carry not build. A strict and literal reading of the 2nd uses the word keep and bare, not build.

Can print stocks, grips and maybe even some sights and other attachments.
Well yeah, other plastic stuff of course. It's not like you can print out an upper, gas tube, barrel, BCG, charging handle, etc.

I don't think that's what he meant by, "3D print a viable gun".
The lower is the serialized part. Everything else can be bought without having to go through an FFL.
Although it would probably be cheaper just to get an 80% lower if you have the proper tools already.

No probably about it. The printed guns are Zip guns, the equivalent of using a section of pipe with a rubber band and a nail.

Are you suggesting someone would print every part or just the serialized lower/frame?

Are you suggesting someone would print every part or just the serialized lower/frame?

I was referring to the original "liberator" and why he shifted to his "ghost gunner" projects.
3D printing of ABS, PLA or similar materials is limited in it's usefulness in terms of making functional pieces. It's not some great step forward in manufacturing zip guns.

I was referring to the original "liberator" and why he shifted to his "ghost gunner" projects.
3D printing of ABS, PLA or similar materials is limited in it's usefulness in terms of making functional pieces. It's not some great step forward in manufacturing zip guns.

Yeah. This particular design is of no real threat.

3D-printing as a technology is certainly a game-changer. This court case wasn't about the gun. It's about the dissemination of information. Not sure how one can be more un-American than opposing the 1st Amendment in favor of cock-blocking the 2nd. :eek::D

https://reason.com/blog/2018/08/01/breaking-cody-wilson-takes-gun-plans-off

A few hours after U.S. District Judge Robert Lasnik, a Clinton appointee, muzzled Defense Distributed with a court order Tuesday evening, the CodeIsFreeSpeech.com mirror site appeared. It's a project of the Calguns Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and other civil rights groups, and includes freely downloadable computer-aided design (CAD) files for the AR-15, AR-10, Ruger 10-22, Beretta 92FS, and other firearms.

A few hours after U.S. District Judge Robert Lasnik, a Clinton appointee, muzzled Defense Distributed with a court order Tuesday evening, the CodeIsFreeSpeech.com mirror site appeared. It's a project of the Calguns Foundation, the Firearms Policy Coalition, and other civil rights groups, and includes freely downloadable computer-aided design (CAD) files for the AR-15, AR-10, Ruger 10-22, Beretta 92FS, and other firearms.

Somehow reminds me of this little ditty.

Thanks dude, appreciate the links. For research purposes of course.

It would be ironic if a mentally ill person 3D printed a gun to shoot the guy behind releasing the 3D model.

Also ironic if assholes 3D printed one and the shit blew up when they fired it and killed themselves.

This shit has to be a distraction from Mueller's progress and would be deadlier than USA w/o the stupid Mexico wall.

Well yeah, other plastic stuff of course. It's not like you can print out an upper, gas tube, barrel, BCG, charging handle, etc.

True.

You probably could . . . just wouldn't be worth it unless you went full blown CNC machine . . . ;)

The lower is the serialized part. Everything else can be bought without having to go through an FFL.
Although it would probably be cheaper just to get an 80% lower if you have the proper tools already.

That $2000 ghost gun CNC machine sounds pretty sweet . . . :)

The freedom is to carry not build. A strict and literal reading of the 2nd uses the word keep and bare, not build.
This argument has a snowball’s chance in hell of working, as colonists were free to produce their own arms and ammunition at the time of the writing of the Constitution. There was no license or permission required to build weapons, so this is going to be inherited.

Awesome. The only thing the liberal AGs did was add more publicity to this issue. I bet a lot of people weren't even aware of this until it made the news the last few days.

I wonder about his exposure to liability if one of these things has a catastrophic failure. Making a homemade shotgun or zip gun in more or less public domain information, but this is something he himself is putting out.

I wonder about his exposure to liability if one of these things has a catastrophic failure. Making a homemade shotgun or zip gun in more or less public domain information, but this is something he himself is putting out.

I posted this earlier in this very thread, but it applies to your concern:

If I open a blacksmith shop and start making swords, and teaching other people how to make swords, I'm not liable if someone else of their own volition makes a sword and harms someone else, even if they utilize my methods of making a sword.

I'm not responsible for the actions or decisions of another person. The same applies to Mr. Wilson.

I posted this earlier in this very thread, but it applies to your concern:

If I open a blacksmith shop and start making swords, and teaching other people how to make swords, I'm not liable if someone else of their own volition makes a sword and harms someone else, even if they utilize my methods of making a sword.

I'm not responsible for the actions or decisions of another person. The same applies to Mr. Wilson.
So what you're saying is if one were to track down Seagal in Russia and convince him to teach them his "deadly stuff" then went out and judy chopped some fool into bolivian that he wouldn't be held responsible for unleashing such techniques out into the world?

Back