3D printed Gun restrictions lifted per DOJ ruling.

LoL - get a load of this fucking idiot:

1YX0JzQ.jpg

The Ghost Gunner one is a mill. But you can get 3D printers that will print gun parts in plastic. I don't think there are any affordable metal 3D printers at this time.

Desktop Metal is ~$120k. I forget how much Markforged is. The shrinkage on those machines is insane, like 30% or more.

I'm imaging someone with a poorly calibrated printer with a really warped gun.

Gonna be really awkward when the NRA starts advocating for strict gun control over this. I await the lulz.

Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed has won his case allowing him to freely disseminate information on how to 3D print the "Liberator" pistol.

If a Liberator is ever used in the commission of a crime Cody Wilson is the kind of human shit stain who will believe he has zero responsibility for it.

If a Liberator is ever used in the commission of a crime Cody Wilson is the kind of human shit stain who will believe he has zero responsibility for it.

If I open a blacksmith shop and start making swords, and teaching other people how to make swords, I'm not liable if someone else of their own volition makes a sword and harms someone else, even if they utilize my methods of making a sword.

I'm not responsible for the actions or decisions of another person. The same applies to Mr. Wilson.

My honest prediction, The Liberator will never be used in any significant fashion. What the Liberator does is introduce a proof-of-concept to all of humanity. I could see some future iteration of a 3D printed firearm becoming quite popular, but it likely won't be the Liberator.

This will be the true legacy of the Liberator:

For better or for worse, the governments of the world no longer get to pick and choose who is armed and who is not.

We're less than 12 hours away from that Genie being out of the bottle permanently.

If I open a blacksmith shop and start making swords, and teaching other people how to make swords, I'm not liable if someone else of their own volition makes a sword and harms someone else, even if they utilize my methods of making a sword.

I'm not responsible for the actions or decisions of another person. The same applies to Mr. Wilson.

My honest prediction, The Liberator will never be used in any significant fashion. What the Liberator does is introduce a proof-of-concept to all of humanity. I could see some future iteration of a 3D printed firearm becoming quite popular, but it likely won't be the Liberator.

This will be the true legacy of the Liberator:

For better or for worse, the governments of the world no longer get to pick and choose who is armed and who is not.

We're less than 12 hours away from that Genie being out of the bottle permanently.

What you're really saying is that if 3D printing can allow the bypassing of a particular state's background check and waiting period regulations, and get a gun into the hands of someone who would have otherwise been denied one, and the person then uses that weapon to commit a murder.... No harm no foul.

I guess it takes a human shit stain to know one.

What you're really saying is
1/10 Cathy Newman attempt.

What I'm saying is this:

For better or for worse, with the release of these CAD files, the State will no longer be the final authority of the human experience. The collective can no longer impose upon the individual like it has done so previously.

Anything more is you strawmanning my position.

How safe are those things? I don't know anything about it.
But couldn't there be a personal safety issue?
I assume ''normal'' guns have to through some kind of quality test and have certain specs?

This is another media hype job to scare people. Be honest with yourselves: how many people do you know that own a 3D printer? I know zero and presume the total amount of ownership is limited.

The reality is that anybody with some tools and piping in their garage could whip up something far more dangerous for cheaper. It's been that way for a long time. 3D printing of firearms affects very little in reality.

This is another media hype job to scare people. Be honest with yourselves: how many people do you know that own a 3D printer? I know zero and presume the total amount of ownership is limited.

The reality is that anybody with some tools and piping in their garage could whip up something far more dangerous for cheaper. It's been that way for a long time. 3D printing of firearms affects very little in reality.

Right now, but that could change within the next couple of years because the technology is advancing fast.
I mean I am not saying they should be banned or anything. But it might be a good idea to come up with some regulations now.
Instead of having to play catch up later.

How safe are those things? I don't know anything about it.
But couldn't there be a personal safety issue?
I assume ''normal'' guns have to through some kind of quality test and have certain specs?

Many, many people will Darwin themselves with this I think

I have a 3D printer. I may print something out and assemble it just to say I did. If I ever load a round and pull the trigger, it’ll be in a vice with me pulling a string a good distance away behind cover

Last edited:
Anybody have a link so I can download a 3d gun?

I just want the files on my harddrive so I can use em when 3D printers become cheaper lol.

Anybody have a link so I can download a 3d gun?

I just want the files on my harddrive so I can use em when 3D printers become cheaper lol.
The website where these files will be listed was named in the article in the original post, but here it is in case anyone missed it:

defcad.com

Oddly enough, the website is not allowed due to a court order to give any information to mobile devices. The only way you can access this information is through a desktop computer.

There appears to be a concerted effort to keep this information from getting out.

1/10 Cathy Newman attempt.

What I'm saying is this:

For better or for worse, with the release of these CAD files, the State will no longer be the final authority of the human experience. The collective can no longer impose upon the individual like it has done so previously.

With the exception of the specific words used, how is anything I wrote explaining your position different than your position itself?

Are you or are you not in favor of giving individuals tools to bypass the government's point-of-sale handgun restrictions?

Back