Jones vs Gus 1 wasn't close under PRIDE rules - Jones did more damage

ortizgnp

Juice Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Right? Gus had a fantastic performance but he lacked the power shots. Jones was never in any real trouble.
He had a nasty cut over his eye but that was from a grazing punch in the first round, that's about it.

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

Jones clearly landed the heavier shots in this fight; elbows, spinning elbows and headkicks which had Gus in danger in the last 2 rounds.

11.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o6_250.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17968-1379826953-25.gif

To me it's pretty obvious who did the most damage in this fight. Like I said, Gus had a fantastic performance and he outboxed Jones but there wasn't any real damage being done.
Jones showed why he's considered the greatest fighter of all time and mixed it up with headkicks and hellbows and had Gus rocked at least twice.

Amazing fight regardless and I'm looking forward to the rematch.

web1_mma-ufc200advance_070616ev_018_7361632.jpg

So... Jones did more damage but looked like he took more damage?

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

P6Im7.gif

Last edited:
Truth. It is pretty crazy how Jon Jones outstruck Gus(one of the best strikers on the roster) after a weekend of cocaine. I'm excited to witness sober and disciplined Jones

Jabs vs hellbows and headkicks to the head.

Black eye or CTE?
"headkicks to the head"? :D
Gus walked out by himself.
Jones was supported by 2 guys.

P6Im7.gif

Good thread TS

You can see that many of the responders in this thread dont know what damage means

Truth. It is pretty crazy how Jon Jones outstruck Gus(one of the best strikers on the roster) after a weekend of cocaine. I'm excited to witness sober and disciplined Jones

Some fighters get worse when they clean up their act.

Look at Manny Pacquaio for example.

Different animal when he was banging hookers and gambling whilst getting fucked up every weekend.

Fighters are weird animals sometimes that kind of lifestyle feeds their mean streak.

The only reason people think Gus won is because Jones didn't beat him like he was a can

2, 4, 5 Jones and he did more damage as TS stated

Some fighters get worse when they clean up their act.

Look at Manny Pacquaio for example.

Different animal when he was banging hookers and gambling whilst getting fucked up every weekend.

Fighters are weird animals sometimes that kind of lifestyle feeds their mean streak.
<mma4>

Jones did more damage but looked like he took more damage?

1231627_534263456653465_1449401384_n.jpg

P6Im7.gif
This.

TS the one thing Gus fans have to hang their hat on is Jones was in far worse shape after the fight. I think Jon won that fight (I was a Jon Jones fan at the time and live scoring I wasn't sure but rewatching it's pretty clear he won rounds 1 and 2 and the last 3 were razor thin but the TD in 5 definitely gives him that one). Hell you could have given Jon a 50-45 with round by round scoring and it not be inconceivable or blatant bias.

HOWEVER, Jon took way more damage.

That's what happened.

Back