AL Iaquinta lost to chiesa?

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
wtf how did the mighty Brooklyn gangster lose to Mitch fucking Clarke and homeless twerp chiesa?
Was he raw at the time? not saying elite fighters can't have losses and learn from their mistakes. I am just shocked that a guy with Al's skillset plus his chin, cardio and boxing can lose to a fodder scrub like Mitch Clarke and chiesa. My question is whether Al was still a newbie in striking and bjj when he faced those two clowns? because this absolutely does not make sense whatsoever. In my opinion Al is a bad matchup for almost everyone in the current top 10 including Ferguson who has looked unbeatable.

Those fights were a long time ago

Fighters improve over time.

Mitch Clarke caught him in a crafty D’Arce, Al was still a bit raw. The margin for error is non existent in mma, that’s why it’s rare for somebody to have an undefeated record.

Shouts Jones and Khabib.

Lmao it was his UFC debut off the ultimate fighter. Every good fighter has those kinds of losses early in their career unless you're Khabib, DC or Jon Jones (who even has one via DQ).

If he rematched Chiesa today he'd stuff his TD's and piece him up hard on the feet.

CB Dolloway lost to Amir Sadollah twice. Ended up doing decent while Amir plummeted into mediocrity.

Chiesa has a pretty good ground game and a good RNC.

Al was pretty green but both were relatively young in their careers.

Lmao it was his UFC debut off the ultimate fighter. Every good fighter has those kinds of losses early in their career unless you're Khabib or Jon Jones (who even has one via DQ).

Jones GOAT
Mazzagati can walk on a football field of legos

Either Chiesa is WAY better than Lee at RNC's or maybe, just maybe Al is a LOT better at defending them now.

Chiesa is really good at pulling submissions out of nowhere and Al was greener back then.

Chiesa has 14 career wins, 10 of them are by submission.

He's also tapped out Dariush and Jim Miller with RNC since then, and both of those guys are legit black belts with world class experience in MMA.

The weight cut to 155 got worse for him over time, but Chiesa is a very legit fighter and grappler.

like everyone said, it was earlier when both were more green, and chiesa has a pretty serious RNC.

Al lost to Chiesa, Jones lost to Matt Hamill, Shevchenko most to Carmouche.... you know shit happens sometimes, OP! Please stop making dumb threads that can just be part of a thread already made

al used to be pretty weak to subs, he's done very well to make his sub defence one of his best qualities

Chiesa has 14 career wins, 10 of them are by submission.

He's also tapped out Dariush and Jim Miller with RNC since then, and both of those guys are legit black belts with world class experience in MMA.

The weight cut to 155 got worse for him over time, but Chiesa is a very legit fighter and grappler.

Leave Chiesa's mom out of this.

Yeah but he's still a psycho. I watched a vid of Al's losses. He didn't tap in any of the submissions he was caught in. Just went to sleep or got his arm fucked up.

Chiesa is not that bad, come on.
You don't break into the top 10 of the shark tank that is LW for no reason

Yeah but he's still a psycho. I watched a vid of Al's losses. He didn't tap in any of the submissions he was caught in. Just went to sleep or got his arm fucked up.

Al's got serious heart in there - he's not kidding when you say you gotta kill him to get him out of there.

Jesus Christ, suddenly Al Alaquinta is this super elite monster that people are shocked has lost fights.

He's middle-of-the-road and could just as easy lose to a fighter like Chiesa again. I would pick current Pettis to absolutely run through Iaquinta.

Despite all the hate Mike gets on here, he’s actually really good.

Back