The Trenches, Episode 14: Sherdog Live Chat (Thursdays at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT)

Should Jon Jones submit to additional VADA testing?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing Thursday at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. They also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with today's poll question asking the following:

Chime in on the conversation by voting in our poll or posting any questions you have for them.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in the article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in an upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum every Thursday. Below are links to previous episodes of that series as well as his previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches, Episode 13
The Trenches, Episode 12
The Trenches, Episode 11
The Trenches, Episode 10
The Trenches, Episode 9

The Trenches, Episode 8
The Trenches, Episode 7
The Trenches, Episode 6

The Trenches, Episode 5
The Trenches, Episode 4
The Trenches, Episode 3
The Trenches, Episode 2
The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Ask Ant 12/14
Ask Ant 12/7
Ask Ant 11/30
Ask Ant 11/16
Ask Ant 11/9
Ask Ant 11/2: UFC 230 Edition
Ask Ant 10/26: MMA Trade Edition
Ask Ant 10/19
Ask Ant 10/12

Ask Ant 10/5
Ask Ant 9/27
Ask Ant 9/21

Ask Ant 9/14

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Last edited:
My question: Why was DC stripped of his LHW belt in the UFC?

My question - what is your opinion on PEDs related to skills, ie, do you think they improve striking or grappling etc.

My question: Why was DC stripped of his LHW belt in the UFC?
He was stripped already? I thought he won't lose his belt until the door closes behind Jones and Gus?

Slow week without any UFC on, eh?

Here is a humongous question for you guys!

Who is the biggest threat to all of the UFC champions in their respective divisions!?

jei feel free to delimit or shorten this question however much you want!

Could only do Bantamweight-to-Middleweight, for example.

New question - please compare Randy, Fedor and DC regarding legacy.

Why do you think Jon is the way he is?

Why do they suspend dirty fighters but not the dirty ref Herb Dean?

Some consider Fedor a GOAT but some argue that he and other fighters from Japan were "exposed" in American soil. Whats your view in this argument?

Iaan Kidd wtf?How the hell did that paedo bastard get by the "screening"?

So what do we do about situations like the Hooker-Barboza beatdown? Should we give refs a greater power to stop one-sided carnage? Or should the corners hold that responsibility, but how would thay even be convinced to do that?

Or is the answer just to ban Dan Hooker from the sport for being to damn tough?

Hi Ant.
Cybog versus Nunes. Looking forward to this one! Cyborg's the favorite. Rightfully so considering her record and great cardio. Amanda Nunes is coming up in weight. She hits hard.
Besides just 'going for the finish' what must both do to make an exciting fight? What must Nunes do well to pull off the upset?
Happy holidays to you & your loved ones.

Last edited:
The poll is up, with this week's question asking:

Weigh in on the poll or send in any combat sports questions you have for Ant and Jason! The show starts in two hours.

Iaan Kidd wtf?How the hell did that paedo bastard get by the "screening"?
The guys answered a question about Iain Kidd last week, and I have timestamped the video for your viewing enjoyment:

My answer to the question is yes. And the CSAC should have made it a condition of getting licensed.

What happened to them wanting him to get new mgmt as well? With his mgmt doing his online USADA mandatory education etc.

It’s all corrupt in my opinion.

The guys answered a question about Iain Kidd last week, and I have timestamped the video for your viewing enjoyment:

Thank you and sorry for the oversight mate,I missed last week's questions.Should I try to delete my question?

The Poll has been added to the title of this thread to put the focus on it for a little while.

Now, we know that Jones declined additional VADA testing, but that's not asking that. We're asking if he should have submitted to it.

Back