Angry Al Slams Conor and Demands Rematch with Khabib

Is full-camp Angry Al ready for Khabib?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Al Iaquinta says he deserves Khabib Nurmagomedov rematch ahead of Conor McGregor

If Conor McGregor wants an immediate rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov, Al Iaquinta has a message for him: Step aside, buddy.

“If Conor thinks he’s getting a rematch before me, I think that’s some nonsense,” Iaquinta said after defeating Kevin Lee via unanimous decision in the main event of UFC on FOX 31 on Saturday night.”

. . .

Iaquinta challenged Nurmagomedov on 24 hours’ notice at UFC 223, stepping up after Max Holloway was pulled from the bout in Brooklyn due to weight-cut issues.

. . .

Iaquinta went the distance and put a scare into the champion in the final round with a spirited effort.

McGregor, meanwhile, was outclassed for a fight in which he had a nine-week training camp before submitting in the fourth round at UFC 229.

And in Iaquinta’s mind, that puts him ahead of the former UFC featherweight and lightweight champion in the race for a rematch with the champ.

“I’m the guy who if he wants to get a rematch, I’m the guy,” Iaquinta said. “No immediate rematch for him, he tapped out. I took it like man on a week’s notice, he had all the time in the world to prepare, and he wanted a way out.”

In case he hadn’t made his point clearly enough, he made sure to punctuate it “Raging Al”-style.

JYRIibC.jpg

“I’m the f*cking guy in this division.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/12...-nurmagomedov-rematch-ahead-of-conor-mcgregor

Nurmagomedov vs Ferguson
Iaquinta vs Poirier - title eliminator

If Khabib gets 4 months I like this.

Would watch da shit outta Raging Al vs McG.

The smack-talk alone in the build-up would be worth it.

I think Al can cause issues for Khabib if he preps properly...but I still don't see a real path to victory for him.

Al, put up a better fight than Conor, and returned to beat a LW in the top 5.

He has more claim to a rematch than Conor.

Al, would also beat Conor.

What do you mean is he ready?

Like, will he win? Or is he deserving?

Would watch da shit outta Raging Al vs McG.

The smack-talk alone in the build-up would be worth it.

I think conor's standup is just too crisp for al...No i'm going by how conor looked against eddie...I have no clue if that's the same conor. if it is, he will ko al...inside 2 rounds...

Al, put up a better fight than Conor, and returned to beat a LW in the top 5.

He has more claim to a rematch than Conor.

Al, would also beat Conor.

well, al didn't win a round against khabib, conor did...al did go the distance though..so there's that.

Tony vs Khabib because he earned that shit years ago.

Al vs Poirier for the winner of khabib vs Tony.

If khabib is out til November, strip him and make tony vs screech for the LW belt.

He's certainly not demanding a rematch, he's simply stating the obvious in that he deserves one over Conor.

I am WAY more interested in Al - Conor than one of those two rematches. Khabib should fight Tony and then winner fights winner Al - Conor.

That is what every fight fan should want imo.

<FookIsThatGuy><Goldie11>

He may have a valid line position claim over Conor, but what new skills is he going to learn before a rematch?

P.S. Beating Kevin Lee doesn't prove you're ready for a rematch with Khabib. It only proves you're ready for a rematch with Kevin Lee.

if the UFC is smart they put Conor and Al together.

Nurmagomedov vs Ferguson
Iaquinta vs Poirier - title eliminator

If Khabib gets 4 months I like this.
That actually sounds good. But what does Conor do in the mean time? Wait it out or fight Diaz for a 3rd time?

Iaquinta went the distance and put a scare into the champion in the final round with a spirited effort.

That never happened.

He did way better than mc-gagger though, I'll give him that. And he didn't have to cheat in order to survive, unlike conner with his illegal strikes, shorts grabs, glove grabs, and fence holding.

I don't blame him for wanting a money or title fight, but he is still far behind Poirier & Ferguson on the "deserved" priority list....

He deserves it more than mcgregor, less than ferguson and would lose to any kind of present mcgregor..

Back