Scott Coker: UFC lack of ‘A game’ cause for UFC 233 cancelation

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has once again canceled a major mixed martial arts (MMA) event that was scheduled to run the same night as a Bellator MMA fight card. And not just any old fight card, one that was headlined by the mighty Fedor Emelianenko.

"We’ve been going on that date for the last three years or however long, so everybody knows we’re going to go on that date,” Coker told MMA Junkie. “It didn’t work out for them because, to me, it’s a roster issue. Who is going to fight? And if you’re going to bring someone to fight against the Fedor-Bader card, and ours is free on Paramount and on DAZN, and you’re going to run on pay-per-view, then you better have your A-game. I think they just ran out of bullets.

This is not the first time,” Coker said. “This is like the second, maybe even the third time this happened on that weekend. It is what it is. For the most part I feel like we’ve just got to focus on our business and keep running, but we have a great card on that day.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

tenor.gif

Fedor getting creamed in the first minute is going to be so funny that even Dana wants to watch.

Coker has put MVP vs Daley in Cincinnati a week after Bellator Newcastle <45>

He needs to stfu about other org's business decisions

There was not a lot of pie to slice up that day so somebody had to leave town. Seems like the UFC is focusing all their attention and efforts on the Brooklyn show that is the first for the ESPN + network.

UFC can't even book a PPV card against the B-promotion whose main event is a 10-years-passed-his-prime PRIDE guy vs. a UFC washout from a weight-class below.

<31>

Fedor getting creamed in the first minute is going to be so funny that even Dana wants to watch.
Dude, please.

If you're suggesting that Ryan "doesn't know who Darth Vader is" Bader is going to beat Fedor, you have some serious issues.

What high profile fighter has Bader ever beat? None.

He's crumpled every time he's faced one, and Fedor is the biggest name of them all.

He'll come in nervous as fuck, shoot a telegraphed shot, get tossed, and then rush right into a KO punch when he tries to bang.

If he's lucky, he'll rush into a submission before he gets his head knocked off.

Back