Ben Askren on Dana White - "He doesn't really like me...It's Fine."

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
LOL!

Ben Askren revealing that despite his acquisition into the UFC in a high-profile trade deal, president Dana White STILL has not spoken to him personally, and seems to show zero interest in even doing so.

Askren says he tried to actually approach Dana to talk to him, and that White acted like "he was busy and had somewhere to go." haha

The Funky one taking it in good stride though, saying, "Listen, I'm here to fight people in the cage. I don't need to make friends."

Pink Goof, ever the professional in representing and promoting fighters....

I hope Ben goes on a tear, just so that Dana will HAVE to acknowledge him at some point. Funniest of all would be White having to place a UFC belt around Askren. His facial expression alone would be endless lulz. Guy HATES Askren, because Ben isn't afraid to publically call him out on his treatment of fighters.

Time-Stamped:

Or he becomes the next Brooks, Gaethje. We'll see.

giphy.gif

To be fair, I wouldnt want to be friends with Ben Askren either

Dana living in Askren's head as always.

Ben sounds needy as fuck.

Definitely rooting for Ben knowing his success will piss Dana off.

I assume most of you have jobs?

I've never spoken to the big boss or a number of places where I've worked. My boss and their boss I'd talk to but the guy who ran everything just spoke to the 'normal' people in big company meetings while they were giving some mind numbing power point presentation and pushing some idiotic mission statement.

Employees not speaking to the big boss is normal.

I don’t like the way he fights but he is starting to grow on me.

It's okay, we like him, so that's all that matters I think.

I've never spoken to the big boss or a number of places where I've worked. My boss and their boss I'd talk to but the guy who ran everything just spoke to the 'normal' people in big company meetings while they were giving some mind numbing power point presentation and pushing some idiotic mission statement.

That's normal for a work environment but we already know Dana has relationships with plenty of fighters. If the big boss goes out of their way to not talk to one of their employees or is short with them, many would see that as rude. Dana and Ben have history of talking shit to one another in the past so it's not like they don't already know each other.

Last edited:
I kinda had a thought it'd be a new belt or something related to GSP but yeah that's tight if they introduce new ones. They should also make size appropriate ones to manlets and women imo, or just make women ones different.

Being a contracted cage fighter is one of the least normal jobs on Earth, so I don't compare it to your typical job.

And it doesn't appear to be a case of Dana just being busy from the sounds of it. Dude works a ton, but surely has 30 seconds to shake the hand of a new fighter.

In this case the big boss would be the biggest shareholder over WME. Dana is a fight promoter, hardly a position i'd expect to be off limits for fighters to have ONE conversation with.

If I was Askren, after I win the fight, I'd go on a long post fight speech thanking Dana White for "being the bigger person, despite our past", and "thank him for giving me the motivation I needed and opportunity to prove I was right all along". Maybe even a "couldn't have done it without you"?

Back