raging al fighting like tj

ice9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just noticed when al hunches down bobbing his head off the center line with his hands down. Reminds me of Dillashaw. Tj clearly has better kicks and mixes them better but their timing and vision is very similar. I loved when Al would time Lee's jab with his straight right. That was one of my favorites fights of the year and Al got a new fan. Al gives everyone at 155 probs except the eagle.

I hate watchin tv fight but i love me some al.

Al's striking looked great.

Not quite TJ's level (I consider TJ to be possibly the best striker in MMA right now), but great.

I agree with that assesment. Would be kindof worried for Al though if he faces a guy like Barbozza. Just a vicious knee to the face waiting to happen. He would probably think of that since he's the pro tho and I'm not even a fighter and semi-retarded

He got comfortable in there and knew LEe wasn't going to do anything spectacular to throw him off. lol.

I thought the same thing.

He looked better than ever. He's an evolved fighter.

TJ is the most evolved fighter in the UFC
His blueprint is working

Great comparison. The way he used the shoulder role and flicking jab above the head and to the sides was very TJesque.

Both of them are highly evolved.

Just noticed when al hunches down bobbing his head off the center line with his hands down. Reminds me of Dillashaw. Tj clearly has better kicks and mixes them better but their timing and vision is very similar. I loved when Al would time Lee's jab with his straight right. That was one of my favorites fights of the year and Al got a new fan. Al gives everyone at 155 probs except the eagle.

Al slowly turning into a TJ. ))

We could say that, but TJ is more kick heavy and plants his foot when throws, so it's different.

Yeah I was going to say Al could be like TJ but WAY less kicking.

Al will be a guest on the Helwani show today. As will Kevin Lee.

I should say al gives anyone problems in a 5 round fight I feel he could def lose a decision to someone super explosive or stronger like lee or barboza...... Nate diaz and him would be a good one

He fought a great fight. Forced the right hand a bit too much tbh. Not that wasn't having success but would have got the KO if he used the left hook a little bit more.

Back