Media Who's excited to see Carlos Condit back in action in 2 weeks?!

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
One of the most entertaining fighters of all time is returning in less than 2 weeks. Because of the fact that he hasn't had the best few performances, I think he's gonna show up ready for war.

Let's not forget that he's fighting Michael Chiesa.. there's no way he loses to Chiesa, whose striking is amateur level compared to his. Don't sleep on Carlos' ground game neither, he could also sub him. I think Carlos might be the bigger man for once in his career as well.

WAR CARLOS

One of the most entertaining fighters of all time is returning in less than 2 weeks. Because of the fact that he hasn't had the best few performances, I think he's gonna show up ready for war.

Let's not forget that he's fighting Michael Chiesa.. there's no way he loses to Chiesa, whose striking is amateur level compared to his. Don't sleep on Carlos' ground game neither, he could also sub him. I think Carlos might be the bigger man for once in his career as well.

WAR CARLOS

WTF is that music

It's Condit!!!!!

Sucks that he is coming back because he felt he had no other viable options in life.

Last edited:
Sucka that he is coming back because he felt he had no other viable options in life.
Did he actually say that? He's only 34, still got a lot of time to go in this sport. And I'm sure he's getting paid a lot.

Last edited:
I’m excited but a little anxious too. His last fights haven’t gone too well and I hate to see Condit lose.

Guy is great but I have a bad feeling he will be a shadow of his former self...

I haven't been excited to see him fight for a couple of years now...He looks confused in there for his last few. Looks like he woke up in the ring and realized he's still fighting.

"I'm a warrior, I always knew I was" *proceeds to run from Diaz the whole fight*

I don't expect him to win but always glad to see a future HOF'er with this much experience competing.

He's 2-7 in his last 9. Not great....mind you 4 of those losses are from the past 4 UFC WW champs.

As a longtime supporter of Condit, not me.Ive seen enough - I'm sure hes made some decent coin (as long as hes done the right thing with a portion of it) and now on to next portion of life which im sure will involve MMA ...... and of course getting paid.

He's 2-7 in his last 9. Not great....mind you 4 of those losses are from the past 4 UFC WW champs.
Context is crucial though.
Most people believe he won the Robbie fight
The Tyron fight was a bit controversial since he hurt his leg on a takedown from Woodley. Woodley was known to gas in the 3rd round at that point of his career, while Carlos gets stronger, so who knows what could have happened.
A lot of people thought he won the Hendricks fight, which was crazy at the time since Hendricks was running through everybody.
The only disappointing loss on his record would probably have to be Magny, but that was off a long layoff.

He needs to retire. I'm not a fan but don't enjoy watching anyone getting beaten up unnecessarily.

Did he actually say that? He's only 34, still got a lot of time to go in this sport. And I'm sure he's getting paid a lot.
Yes, he tried to open a coffee shop and it did not work out. Love to watch him fight, but not if his heart is not in it.

Guy is great but I have a bad feeling he will be a shadow of his former self...

My fear as well. Carlos has a family and It does not seem that his heart is in it any longer. Also, it seems he peaked early, he looked terrible in his last two fights. Hate to see him get hurt.
upload_2018-12-17_8-8-20.png

Context is crucial though.
Most people believe he won the Robbie fight
The Tyron fight was a bit controversial since he hurt his leg on a takedown from Woodley. Woodley was known to gas in the 3rd round at that point of his career, while Carlos gets stronger, so who knows what could have happened.
A lot of people thought he won the Hendricks fight, which was crazy at the time since Hendricks was running through everybody.
The only disappointing loss on his record would probably have to be Magny, but that was off a long layoff.

I don't agree with him beating Hendricks at all. That was a clear Hendricks win by most tangible metrics (takedowns, sig strikes, octagon control, aggression)

He should beat Chiesa, i still think he beat Robbie too.

He could have beat Hendricks but he kept going for a jumping knee and got taken down everytime.

Back