Hooker took more punishment than he needed to

FlyingDeathKick

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not just because the ref and his corner didn't stop it but Barboza was relentless. He was one leg kick away from finishing the fight before he started annihilating his body and head. I think he wanted to get a spectacular KO and not win by leg kicks.

Also... How the fuck did Iaquinta get a performance bonus and Barboza didn't?

Yes, hooker took a beating.

Edson is always fun to watch when his opponent is primarily a grappler.

What I meant to say is that Edson is fun to watch when his opponent is NOT a grappler and is primarily a striker.

What I conveyed is that I’m a moran and I don’t know what words mean.

I am sorry Sherdog. My best years may be behind me.

Last edited:
How the fuck did Iaquinta get a performance bonus and Barboza didn't?

I think it was Dana's way of saying sorry for putting Al on the "no-bonus" list in the past. Dana realizes Raging Al is more than just a thorn in his side. Barboza has gotten plenty of POTN bonuses and will get many more. Plus he probably made close to what Al did even without the bonus, considering his long tenure in the UFC.

That was one of the worst prolonged beatings I've seen in some time. His leg was destroyed early, and just kept getting hammered. He ate dozens of flush head and body shots. Brutal.

Hooker is tough as they come. Holy fuck is that man a savage.

Corner should have stopped it between rounds. Stop sending your fighters to get mauled just so they can have a .000001% chance of a KO. Getting beatdown like that is worse for your career, then it is to show some heart that Dana and WME will just forget. His career was inevitably shortened by a fight like that.

That was one of the worst prolonged beatings I've seen in some time. His leg was destroyed early, and just kept getting hammered. He ate dozens of flush head and body shots. Brutal.
It was like Barboza was thinking "alright I destroyed his leg, now it's time to destroy the rest of him" lol.

Last edited:
Agreed. Hooker us absurdly tough. Anyone following his career already knew that, but good Lord, that dude can take punishment.

I have no idea why he didn't have his head coach and the rest of his normal corner with him, but I hope he never makes that mistake again. Both of the main guys in his corner were grapplers... While he was fighting one of the best strikers in his division. That was a mistake.

Hookers take beatings all the time. This is nothing new.

Beatings like that can ruin fighter.
Hooker was done sometime in round two, even his punching power was gone so he had no chance of catching and KOing Barbosa.

punishment_logo.jpg

I think Barboza played with his food a little bit. I think if he was smarter with his strikes like kicking the leg, the KO would have came faster. Barboza took some shots for no reason and I was waiting for some Kongo comeback moment.

Back