Jon Jones & Alexander Gustafsson - Total of 2 Fights in 567 Days

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

This may be classified as a battle of two of the best current light heavy weights in the world, but more than that, it's a battle of ring rust.

Alexander Gustafsson vs Glover Teixeira - May 28th, 2017

Complete destruction
tumblr_oqq5w0SRPI1udfb8oo1_500.gif

tumblr_oqq5w0SRPI1udfb8oo3_500.gif

Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier - July 29th, 2017

Close fight up until KO
giphy.gif

tumblr_otw11q0WX31r7vh24o1_540.gif

Surprisingly, Jon Jones has fought sooner and he was also involved in a much higher level fight than Gus was.

I'm not sure that either guy is really impacted greatly by ring rust.

We'll see how a clean Jones does against a man his own size
method=get&s=enlighteneddeliciousantbear-01-21-2015-12-57-27-473.gif

It just goes to show that despite their absence, these two guys are still at the top of the division.

I got an AV bet on this.

I Picked Gus and I hate the dude.

I got an AV bet on this.

I Picked Gus and I hate the dude.

Yeah same I got an AV bet as well. If Jones beats the Viking i'm fucked because my Murmurmurmur AV will be gone for a whole month :(

Stop hitching we only want to see them fight eachother

Does Jones steamrolling manuwa really do anything for you

Well last time I heard of Gus he had just pulled his entire collarbone off his shoulder socket and after that was finally fixed several months later I heard he tore his hamstring which is another annoying time consuming injury. Aside from the injuries Gus has been in a war with DC and put more miles on his body while Jones has not fought but remained fresh. I'd say Jones has an "easier" comeback, although the pressure is on Jon to win.

Kinda fucked that Jones has fought more recently despite being suspended for a year and a half

Although not surprising considering Gus is "injured" whenever a top contender is available

We'll see how a clean Jones does against a man his own size
method=get&s=enlighteneddeliciousantbear-01-21-2015-12-57-27-473.gif

Techno Viking looks much more like Kieth Jardine than Gus so if you're using that one Jones knocks him out inside a round.

the fuck are u saying dude I'm not saying they should fight anybody else

Fine, gus' break is kinda stupid

But Jones has been active outside of his personal problems and flagrant ped use

i always find it funny that ppl claim dc/jj 2 or 1 for that matter, was close. jj woulda won pretty comfortably

Gus is a loser. How do you have less recent fights than a guy suspended for a year and a half? Pathetic.

This fight will be sick!

Gus was landing well up until the 4th round when he got wobbled by a spinning elbow from Jones.

If he can avoid Jones' crazy techniques this time he could get the win.

Remember in the last fight Jones wasn't able to a secure a single takedown till the last round.

This fight will be epic. Jones could have improved alot. Can't wait to see.

The light heavyweights are like heavyweights but with actual skill! Not fat blobs.

Back