Gaetje vs Lee?

Ruthless_swag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who would win this fight? I know barboza vs gaetje would be an awesome fight too but I really think gaetje can finish lee. I am sure lot of sherdog would love to see the beast I.e JG finish lee like he finished big boy Vick.
JG has the advantage in terms of cardio, heart, toughness/durability, power and possibly standup too.
Kevin Lee has better wrestling credentials but JG is no slouch there either. Lee has better grappling, strength, speed and ground game. he has an average chin and poor cardio which always lets him down.

I really believe Justin would get it done in the 4th or 5th.

I think Gaethje is a terrible match up for Lee. I would rather see Gaethje vs Barboza. Lee should fight someone lower ranked like Islam or someone in the lower part of the top 10.

Been saying for awhile thst Justin is probably the worst style match up for lee. Insane tdd + power and an iron jaw.

Everyone beats Lee now

Sherdog 101

Rather see Gaethje vs Iaquinta. Fight would be crazy.

I think Gaethje is a terrible match up for Lee. I would rather see Gaethje vs Barboza. Lee should fight someone lower ranked like Islam or someone in the lower part of the top 10.

I really like the islam fight.. kind of a name fight for islam that could propel him with a good performance.. redemtion fight for lee..

Islam honestly might ko lee and I think Islam is quite overrated himself. Islam is a terrible matchup for lee.

I really like the islam fight.. kind of a name fight for islam that could propel him with a good performance.. redemtion fight for lee..

Yeah, I like the match up and think that guys should take a step down in competition level after a loss so it makes sense and Islam is overdue for a top 10 guy.

when you say pace, what exactly do you mean? just the ability to sustain or maintain pressure for long periods?

I mean the pace at which the fighters expend energy, Gaethje comes forward non stop and doesn't slow much while being a high output fighter. Lee has cardio problems and has average to below average durability while Gaethje is super durable. It's probably one of the worst possible style match ups for Lee at LW.

I would rather watch Gaethje vs Hooker!
<{JustBleed}>

I mean the pace at which the fighters expend energy, Gaethje comes forward non stop and doesn't slow much while being a high output fighter. Lee has cardio problems and has average to below average durability while Gaethje is super durable. It's probably one of the worst possible style match ups for Lee at LW.
oh yes. absolutely. I agree. kind of like Cain.

IMO Gaethje needs to retire, not because he is not good, but because he is too damaged.

He's come back well and while he does take a lot of damage in fights I never thought he might die in the octagon. I was worried Hooker might die against Barboza.

He's come back well and while he does take a lot of damage in fights I never thought he might die in the octagon. I was worried Hooker might die against Barboza.

Me too bro, the life force was drainin from him with every blow

Back