Barboza did great, buuuut...

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Showed the same usual holes, like bad boxing defense with that weird "prayer" hands position and lower output when finally pressured. Dan Hooker did him and us the fans a big favor during the 1st round by fighting in the ideal distance to get his legs destroyed.

When he decided to stop being dumb, it was already too late, his base was destroyed.

But yeah, i accept Barboza role of kicking ass outside the top 5 and getting his own kicked by the top 5.

Yeah, those are always going to be holes unfortunately.

But he demolished his opponent in brutal fashion and ensured that fans will be overreacting to grapplers dominating him for atleast another two years.

The life of the gatekeeper and starmaker

Barboza needed an opponent like this to get that confidence and a W. Guess we will see how his next fight goes. Still a very entertaining fight and I wish the best for him.

no one said he's an elite fighter, I believe

Showed the same usual holes, like bad boxing defense with that weird "prayer" hands position and lower output when finally pressured. Dan Hooker did him and us the fans a big favor during the 1st round by fighting in the ideal distance to get his legs destroyed.

When he decided to stop being dumb, it was already too late, his base was destroyed.

But yeah, i accept Barboza role of kicking ass outside the top 5 and getting his own kicked by the top 5.
He's a top 5 before this fight he might move to #4 and he has a chance against Tony, Poirier and Conor

Pressure is still the way to beat Edson, but his hands were great once Hooker got inside kicking range. He looked really good last night.

Last edited:
He's got this Pettis-esque problem of always being forced backwards which is a problem against grapplers.

I think he could beat possibly beat Tony and Diamond but probably loses against Conor because his boxing is so bad.

He's got this Pettis-esque problem of always being forced backwards which is a problem against grapplers.

I think he could beat possibly beat Tony and DIamond but probably loses against Conor because his boxing is so bad.
Tony already whooped that ass

I'm just thankful he missed with the spinning heal kick to the head, caus e he might have killed him. Damn, that dude just lost 5 years off his lifespan.

I think he could beat possibly beat Tony and Diamond but probably loses against Conor because his boxing is so bad.
Tony is all about the pressure. Barboza can do well against him during 1 and half round, but after that he will wither under the pressure.

The matchmakers need to keep him away from wrestlers and high pressure. He assures a fun and violent fight everytime

He is an offensive machine. His fight IQ isn’t so great. He had him Badly hurt and ends up on his back. Hooker could barely stand and was in big trouble and he kept head hunting when a leg kick or two would have finished. I still love watching him though.

The matchmakers need to keep him away from wrestlers and high pressure. He assures a fun and violent fight everytime

So introduce a gatekeeper belt and make him the champion.
If he beats you he keeps the belt as he's the gatekeeper, if you beat him he keeps the belt as you're not a gatekeeper.

def still showed his flaws and made the fight much harder than it needed to be. still super happy for edson.

Bad fight IQ, questionable cardio, terrible boxing defense.

He looks exactly like the same Barboza that routinely gets smashed against elite fighters, but is incredibly fun to watch against the lower level guys.

Barboza is great...but his repertoire is indeed limited and he had flaws the top dogs at LW have already exploited and exposed.

Can't he correct that? He's training in America now!

Tony literally made Barboza panic wrestle, although that illegal upkick may have taken a toll on him

If there was a kickboxing promotion making anywhere near the money UFC and Boxing does, you just know Edson would be a star there.
Purely on kickboxing, he is elite. Powerful explosive athelticism and devastating kicks.
UFC should do what Rizin do and have kickboxing only contests. Jose Aldo Vs Edson Barboza.

Back