So how does Lee Vs Khabib go now?

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Did the fight with Al change your opinion? A lot of folks were picking Lee as khabibs worst match up but I don't think so. I can even say that khabib has more effective striking, better pressure and better cardio.

Did the fight with Al change your opinion? A lot of folks were picking Lee as khabibs worst match up but I don't think so. I can even say that khabib has more effective striking, better pressure and better cardio.

That's all surprising only for those who thought that Lee would beat Iaquinta...

Easiest fight at LW for Khabib. Lee is inferior at every facet of mma. Lesser chin, lesser heart, lesser standup, atrocious standup defense, lesser cardio, lesser wrestling, lesser bjj. Like there isn't a single thing he does better than Khabib. Khabib beats him 10/10 times.

That's all surprising only for those who thought that Lee would beat Iaquinta...
Al is legit. People don't know that because he barely fights. Picked Al to win against Lee both times.

The only people who "thought" Lee would win were the crazed Conor fans who took to hiding behind other fighters to help them deal with their suffering.

I think Khabib may have a massive cardio advantage after seeing that fight. Lee may still be able to wrestle him. Question is: for how long? And can he keep pace.

kevin lee is a hype job. hes somewhere in the 6-10 range. maybe still top 5 but i think even the others like poirer would beat him...his striking is not that good and he gets tired. i think gaethje beats him as well especially after watching this fight. gaethje is tough to put away and his pace and damage he puts on guys would make kevin wilt. assuming his TDD is solid and its as good as its rumored/supposed to be, he should win that fight. if you dont let him steamroll you and throw you around he has a hard time. thats the thing tho - at the top level especially at 155 the top fights are gonna be competitive for the most part.

and his wrestling is not that good. on top of that he tires out if you make him fight at a high pace, so as the fight goes on he cant wrestle or grapple as much because hes winded. make him work for the takedowns and stay active even if youre on bottom and it tires him out. that barboza fight wasnt a good measure of his cardio because edson literally offered no attack until he landed that 1 kick and had kevin in trouble. its easy to maintain your energy and pound on guys when they're not presenting any sort of opposition.

If some fighters who fought Khabib brought something that could potentially give Khabib some challenge (Conor strikes, Al TDD, MJ speed, Barboza leg kicks, RDA wrestling) , Lee would bring absolutely 0 to the table. I thought his wrestling was massive but its kind of the same as everybody's. He is ok, he is good but its just not effective. He seems like uncertain what to do with it.

Actually wreslting Khabib will be his downfall becase Khabib can change and switch on him in a split second and then finish him/gnp/submit

Poor Lee. All that talk and 0 action. Feel kinda bad for him now

Competitive first 2 rounds, gets smeshed after that

Khabib would teach him there are levels in MMA grappling.

Well even though lee would lose and get stopped in the fight he would think he won.

Maybe lee just had an off night like conor did vs khabib and wins 8 out of 10 rematches taking into account he had an off night in the last fight. ps did you know conor doesn't spend much money and is an amazing businessman?

The only people who "thought" Lee would win were the crazed Conor fans who took to hiding behind other fighters to help them deal with their suffering.
Well I don't know if I would go that far. I personally thought Al was definitely a good bet, especially at those odds and did feel he had the edge in this fight and is extremly under rated around here but people believing Lee had a chance isn't really all that surprising and I highly doubt it had anything to do with there feelings towards Conor for the vast majority of them.

In fact based on this post it kind of appears as though you are the one obsessed with Conor since you managed to find a way to make a thread he has no bearing in what so ever about him, lol.

I can't stand the guy either but that's just weird dude.

Khabib would smesh
Lee doesn't have the cardio or the technique to keep up with Khabib.

I have a suspicion Lee's muscle mass is not doing him any favors. Sure, he can get TDs easier, but he also seems to gass faster than he should. Maybe it's time to slim down a bit?
<{1-10}>

Khabib would pressure him against the cage, get the takedown and smash his face

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back