Enjoyed Iaquinta beating of Lee? Too bad. Who knows when we see him next...

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
It's really too bad that UFC treats their fighters so bad that they have to rely on outside financial sourse.

But if they find it - and are successful in it - no one can blame them for taking only the fights that they want.

Soon we'll know current Iaquinta's salary - Wisconsin commission releases payouts.
His last recorded payout was 23K to show....

Didn’t he negotiate his next contract before the Khabib fight?

Maybe he got some relatively decent scratch since this was on the new contract and his last fight was on the old one

iaquinta's publicly released pay for the khabib fight was 280k

He seems much more content after the Khabib fight. It seems either his contract is better or he got a huge bonus for stepoing up to fight for the belt on a day’s notice.

Didn’t he negotiate his next contract before the Khabib fight?

Maybe he got some relatively decent scratch since this was on the new contract and his last fight was on the old one

Hopefully so. As I mentioned, we'll know his salary soon enough.
Plus I'm pretty sure the salary in a championship fight won't be lower than 100K anyway, what happens in other fights is a different story.
UFC love to update contenders' contracts before title fights, when all the big money is earned under condition that you're either contender or a champ.
I remember Nate Diaz having this contract prior to Bendo fight, and Bendo himself said something about his own contract being builtt that way...

Conor just showed the blueprints,Thats an entertainment business...wear fancy clothes,talk shit,act like you re the man,and lastly finish your opponent...

Conor just showed the blueprints,Thats an entertainment business...wear fancy clothes,talk shit,act like you re the man,and lastly finish your opponent...

...or be independent from UFC financially and act however you want.
Like in Iaquinta's case

What are yoi talking about? Al got 50 000 bonus for the fight and whatever he got for the show

He got way more for Khabib fight, he even said that Pettis did not fight Khabib when they asked him after Holloway for 223 because Pettis asked for too much

What are yoi talking about? Al got 50 000 bonus for the fight and whatever he got for the show

No one counts on fight bonus. No one.
You can do as good as you can, and then someone will be more flashy.

No way he counts on this. He's not stupid

He got way more for Khabib fight, he even said that Pettis did not fight Khabib when they asked him after Holloway for 223 because Pettis asked for too much

Never heard of this, but Pettis should ask for more, he has fought much longer than Al and was a champ. His contract initially is bigger.
Iaquinta probably got generic 100K ...not bad for 3 days of work

I'm sure hell be back. UFC giving him a performance bonus even though he didn't get a finish is a step in the right direction. At least in Al's mind it does, for me it stirs up all these new questions about what exactly warrants a performance bonus. I should know better though, everything under the UFC's umbrella is at their discretion.

UFC giving him a performance bonus even though he didn't get a finish is a step in the right direction. At least in Al's mind it does,

That's if his mind is really gullible...I think he knows very well that this bonus is their attempt to attract him under crappy salary.

All bosses in the world do that

He seemed pretty grateful to the ufc after his win last night.

He just headlined the final fox card. He stepped up to fight Khabib and put on a game performance. Showed he is a legit top 10. Maybe even 5.

I have the feeling Al is getting taken care of.

Coming soon, "Ragin Al-coholic" Gin

He just headlined the final fox card. He stepped up to fight Khabib and put on a game performance. Showed he is a legit top 10. Maybe even 5.

Al is Top 5 for sure. Maybe even Top 3.

He seems much more content after the Khabib fight. It seems either his contract is better or he got a huge bonus for stepoing up to fight for the belt on a day’s notice.

Agreed. in the post-fight interview, he actually thanked Shelby and the UFC.

I know that success is more difficult when a fighter doesn't adopt some goofy variation of the Conor persona, but even Al has to realise now, that great performances are still going to get you to the top. Whining will not.

I wish they got the message and will put him in these types of fights (Lee fight was really big)

Before that they had two lame attempts:
- vs Paul felder at UFC 218 undercard;
- vs Vick headlining Fight Night in Nebraska.

If they continue bringing him right fights - he'll indeed probably accept.
The big question is - will they?

Agreed. in the post-fight interview, he actually thanked Shelby and the UFC.

I know that success is more difficult when a fighter doesn't adopt some goofy variation of the Conor persona, but even Al has to realise now, that great performances are still going to get you to the top. Whining will not.

You don't understand really.
He can continue to be a full time real estate agent. He actually got his fight due to his "whining" as YOU call it, because he refused two fights that were less than he expected.
He's doing something right because he has a leverage. And when he gets what he wants, he thanks for that, why not?

Back