Media Kevin Lee: It might be time to move up a weight class

ViD

🇷🇺🤝🇺🇸
@Brown
Reaction score

What do you guys think he can do at 170?

Woodley would knock him out COLD.

All of the top 5 beat him imo. Except maybe RDA.

Get his ass handed to him

Put him in with winner of Demian Maia vs Lyman Good or Gunnar Nelson

i think 165 is a perfect division for him if it existed

XpPh2iA.png

rory-macdonald-ufc-189-nose-foot.jpg

He was wilting and rendered inactive when a 155er was throwing and landing strikes on him. What's he gonna do when a 170er does that?

In contrast, when GSP got eyepoked and nose clipped, he kept fighting. When GSP got headkicked, he recovered and kept fighting.

Can't out wrestle Al or Tony, wants to move up a division.

170 is deep enough that with the right matchmaking, he can have the time to adjust and maybe even thrive. I hate weight-cutting, and since he had problems in the past, I think moving up is a worthwhile endeavour.

What do you guys think he can do at 170?

One of his advantages at LW is his size and strength, he's going to lose that advantage at WW. His chin looked decent in this fight, even though he got kinda wobbly multiple times, so I don't think the cut drained him that bad. He still has the time to improve and potentially crack the top 3 one day.

170 is deep enough that with the right matchmaking, he can have the time to adjust and maybe even thrive. I hate weight-cutting, and since he had problems in the past, I think moving up is a worthwhile endeavour.
Not gonna help his gas tank though with so much muscle bulk.

He will have a harder time taking top guys down at WW and will get hit a lot harder. Can't see it being a good move

Can't out wrestle Al or Tony, wants to move up a division.
Wut? He definitely can, his sub defense and cardio were the problems in his fight with Ferguson, not his wrestling.

Back