Fighter Kevin Lee : where does he fit into all this?

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, fighter Kevin Lee is currently ranked #4.

If he wins tonight, where do you see fighter Kevin Lee?

It's kind of weird because that win should not push him higher in the rankings but at the same time we all know that a title shot is not totally absurd.

So what do you think of fighter Kevin Lee?

This feels like one of those fights where his ranking will change based on how he and Al look.

Lee is ahead of Porier in my eyes. UFC needs a LW tournament to shake this all out.

A win and he is only behind Tony for that title shot. A rematch with Tony is likely IMO, because Khabib is out for a good long while. Either because of the suspension or searching for some insane payday..

It would be silly to sleep on Lee against anyone In the division, even before this fight.

It would be silly to sleep on Lee against anyone In the division, even before this fight.

We will see tonight. But I think as long as the weight issues are fine going forward, he can be the future great champion at 55.. So much talent. But we don't know enough yet about his intangibles.

I agree with you.

The thing is, I think Iaquinta is a bit overrated and if he gets a title shot people will say waaaaaa fighter Kevin Lee was gifted the shot.

Even though tony deserves the title shot, I’d love him to face Kevin again

Fighter Khabib vs fighter Tony for the LW Championship first. Fighter Lee can get in line for a shot after that, unless he and fighter Dustin fight it our for the next shot. I guess it's up to promoter Dana and organization UFC whats happens next. I'd like to hear commentator / podcaster / comic Rogan's take on it, or maybe ex fighter / podcaster / hack comic Schaub's opinion on where this puts fighter Lee if he wins tonight...

Fighter Khabib vs fighter Tony for the LW Championship first. Fighter Lee can get in line for a shot after that, unless he and fighter Dustin fight it our for the next shot. I guess it's up to promoter Dana and organization UFC whats happens next. I'd like to hear commentator / podcaster / comic Rogan's take on it, or maybe ex fighter / podcaster / hack comic Schaub's opinion on where this puts fighter Lee if he wins tonight...

This all seems very reasonable.

The division is in a weird place as usual so who really knows? Lee needs the win tonight desperately. A loss will set him back years. Either he jumps up to 170 or he continues on this dead division.

Division is in such a strange place with Khabib reluctant to fight and still in limbo. Conor hype all but gone. Poirier and Nate pissed off the UFC and the fans by being bitches and calling off fight. Would not surprise me in the least if Dana kicked Khabib to the curb and made the winner of this fight Vs Tony for the belt. I would not mind seeing a Tony rematch to be honest but only if it is for the belt. I think Tony deserves that belt more then anyone right now.

Eventually something has to give. They gotta get this division to where it was 5 years ago with a active champ. Lee could very well win the loto tonight with a win.

Last edited:
Rankings shouldn't change if he wins but working up to a titleshot isn't always about improving ranking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back